Chapter 29: Snap

Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun was standing there. Not really knowing what to do until Jessica shook her slightly to get her out of her trance. Right. She was in the middle of somewhere and Death's crystal had been broken and Byul broke her own... Wait. WAIT.


Yongsun looks up at Jessica as her wings flare-up, talking to her with her eyes as they took off into the air to follow where Byul and Death had gone in the sky. They had to find a way to stop them from killing each other. She worries as she was going up in the sky. Worries because the longer Byul has her sealed abilities the more it's going to consume her. It was something that she had learned when she was first created as a God. It was why Life and Death had surrounded them with much guidance and warmth when they were Younglings. They have to stop the two from getting consumed by their abilities.


'Out of everything Tyler could have done. This just HAD to be the one' Jessica thinks in exasperation as she was speeding towards the source of wind arcs as they go woosh in the sky. There had always been possibilities that Tian could have reincarnated just as they took new forms every other century or so. Eo in this life was kinder... The effect of being traumatized by what had happened to a child when Tian had once convinced him to do experiments on him. Jessica shudders as she remembers the child's limbs sprawled all over the ground just splat there. The blood. There had been so much blood yet Tian was only grimacing at the experiment having apparently failed. That was the straw that broke the camel's back for Eo. She and Death were passing by back then when they chanced at the two flightless, Not knowing that they were the two that had caused them so much pain.


Jessica shakes her head. Tian or Tyler is out of the picture for now. She has faith that Sooyoung and the other Gods would find a way to subdue him somehow. For now- she glances at Yongsun- they had to try and subdue Death.

 

A clang was heard as a staff clash with a scythe. How the staff was still intact and not cut half is a mystery that even Byul was still thinking about. When she was literally in the middle of a fight. With Death. This is honestly getting more and more ironically amusing to her as time passes with every clash of weapons and beat of wings. She's going to lose her mind if this keeps up.


"Why the face?"


That made Byul look at Death in the eyes. Wide and surprised. She didn't think that Death would try and talk to her. She stayed mum instead which makes Death tilt their head. Amused at what the God was doing. She must be already insane to think that Death was trying to understand her. At this time, that shouldn't even be possible.


Death tsked, they never did understand why other beings would waste time on fickle things such as emotions. Best to end this now and resume their duty as the taker of life. Speaking of Life...


Death quickly flew higher into the air, dodging Life as she had tried to tackle them. Death shakes their head. They retaliated with honing in on Life or Jessica as they had heard the other Gods call her, instead of attacking head-on for Byul. They never did like it when someone buts in with what they were doing. Especially when it was important.


Short-sighted by this, Byul saw a chance to strike Death with her staff but instead of landing a blow, Death appeared behind her and kicked her down instead. She could feel the wind in her ears as she tries to steady herself with her wings, feathers were flying everywhere. Byul was surprised that no one was noticing everything that was happening. Yeah, why weren't people noticing? She thought about how there were essentially two Gods fighting in the air and possibly destroying infrastructure yet not a single soul was seen as she balanced in the air.


A quick look down at the city below showed that oh. So that's why. Somehow, and she doesn't know how, Taeyeon had managed to make a bubble for the city below. Huh. That makes things scarier, to be honest. She looks back up just in time to see a scythe greeting her face and almost cutting her wings in half. Thankfully, she was saved by a blinding light bright enough to blind an ordinary person. When she opened her eyes, Yongsun was beside her.


Byul looks into her eyes and Yongsun nods. The two look for Jessica and when their eyes met the three of them charged at Death.

 

 


Sooyoung was greatly regretting her life choice right now. Flying as fast as she can while being chased by someone who thinks is probably on the brink of snapping was not something she had never imagined happening to her in all her entire life of living. She curses her bad luck when they played rock paper scissors on who gets to be the bait for Tyler. But she was close to where she needed to lead him to and that was what was driving her to flap her wings as fast and as powerful as she could. She was not going to be held down by this weirdly obsessed boring businessman.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter