Chapter 16: Memories

Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N Helllooooooo hehehehe... Bold Italics are just dialogue in flashbacks while italics are the flashbacks

 

What time was it? Noon? Midnight? 9 o'clock? 1 in the morning? Byul doesn't know. How long has it been? Maybe days, hours... even minutes. Her hands were bound and she's pretty sure she's lost the feeling in them. She sighs as she rests her head against the wall in the room she was in. Sure, she wasn't blindfolded but there were no windows and light. Only the door was there. What about her wings you ask? Her wings were useless right now. They injected something that prevented her wings to appear... to do anything really.


There was always this voice in the back of her head, telling her to be careful. She listened to it before but as life went on... she stopped. It's been so long since she thought about what happened to them. How they got here, but with nothing else to do... Her mind consumes her, showing painful memories that she'd rather bury.

 

 

"See what happens when you mess with us?" The bastard spoke.


The lackeys either backed away or ran for their lives. They knew better than to mess with the gods. The bastard just smirked at him. Taunting him to make a move. As much as he wanted to kill him, he just wanted Sun and go home with her.


The bastard threw the golden-winged god at him. Smirking, thinking that he got a god at his feet.


Cosmos kept his head down, cradling Sun in his arms while tears stream down his face. She had been going to pay a visit to the flightless kids, maybe play with them a while. He didn't think much of it first, Sun was just being herself wanting to play with the kids. He even tagged along at times. He started getting nervous when she hadn't returned while the sky was turning dark. Both Earth and Wind had tried to console him but he was sure that something was going to happen.


He was waiting anxiously by the gates of where they stay until he snapped and flew faster than sound to a tiny cabin. His eyes turned silver as he breaks the door. Rage, dropping the room's temperature below zero his Wings glowing, as he found Sun beneath a bastard. Bleeding.

 

 

She could feel her wings trying to flare at the memory. If it weren't for her need to just get out of there, she would've killed that bastard instantly. But then again, Taeyeon did tell her it was okay to kill a few of them. The only ones spared were children. They had a golden rule, that whatever happens, never harm the children for they had the power to change everything.

 

 

Cosmos watches as Death struggled not to kill the entire population of the flightless. He watches as the older sibling he looked up to for being so calm... Was on the verge of losing it. He, in all of the years he had been created, had never seen them like this.


He goes to the room where Death was, quietly sitting by their side beside the bed Life was sleeping. She hadn't woken up yet. It had been 3 weeks, the flightless were beginning to get antsy. He sat there for a while, no one talking. Just silence.


"I promised I wouldn't do anything but if something like this ever happened again to any of you. I'll take everything the flightless loves."

 

 

Byul recalls that that was the day she had seen Taeyeon seething in anger that you could feel it coming off in waves. That was also the first time she saw Taeyeon's eye become pure red. She finds it funny nowadays. Nothing really changed with even when the flightless became the Winged. She laughs slightly, thinking about how she was a guy while Taeyeon, well Taeyeon was okay with being called either. Not that it matters now. Death would always be ambiguous. 

 

 

He was walking down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter