Chapter 22: Staring

Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You see, Sooyoung is what you'd call a free spirit. She was someone who roasted the heck out of someone when she wants to. She's seen her fair share of morbid things but she doesn't know where to put this in. This being the fact that she was in the middle of somewhere, battered and bruised with her friends that was her second family, standing on as she sees the ing God of Death in front of them.


She was about to say something when almost everything came back to her. So, as she stands there dumbfounded, she made a list of a few facts and then some.


Fact: Sooyoung knows what the crystal actually does. Death gave it to her for safe keeping before 'it' happened.


Fact: Even before Taeyeon was born as singer and idol Kim Taeyeon, Sooyoung has always called her this name to . It only changed when Tyler thought it would be a good idea to take what essentially was Taeyeon's other half. She would never forget how calm Taeyeon was when 'it' happened.


Fact: Cosmos once told her a story he heard from Death. That if one day their eyes glowed their wing's color, they would lose their consciousness and all that's left was a killing machine. She never really believed it until she saw Death almost kill Cosmos.


Fact: Taeyeon never forgot what that bastard did when the world was still full of flightless. Now, she was sure that Taeyeon would never forgive the bastard.


Fact: Contrary to what was written in the books, Life did NOT fall in love with a flightless. Life was FORCED to bear the child. She had never seen Life so... lifeless than when it happened.


Fact: The first ever winged hated his father. The kid acknowledged Death as their other parent more than he would ever acknowledge his father, who in this life is Tyler. Death never hated the kid despite what everyone might think.


Fact: They would all probably die unless they find a way to make Taeyeon have her humanity again.

The crystal kept some of the essence that the Heavens created Death. In their early years, Death was heartless. Just a tool for the Heavens. It changed when the Heavens disappeared and when Cosmos was created. Death found a way to be 'human' in a sense. That crystal, if broken, would make Death, well... DEATH.

 

Wheein and Hyejin seem to have noticed her because the next thing she kne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter