Chapter 13: News

Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was jarring how quickly they were all back into the Idol life as if the event never took place. Right now Wheein wishes that that was how it was, right now she would pick the public forgetting what even happened at the ball instead of being bombarded by interviewer after interviewer about what happened. How they felt. If they were saved by male idols and what not. They were promoting their new song for the gods' sake but the only thing they want to know what the hell happened when they don't want to remember. Cameras flashing in every direction, mics being shoved into your face after every event, people pushing and shoving, crowding into your personal space just to get what they called the biggest news of the year.


They were all dozing off to sleep in the car when it stopped abruptly. Wheein groggily rubs her eyes and lets out a yawn before asking what was going on to their manager when she felt a jolt. Everyone stood still until the car started moving again left and right. Wheein looked out one of the windows and saw a camera staring back at her ready to flash. The paparazzi were hijacking the van. Manager-unnie tried to move the car forward but with all the reporters flocking around the van, feathers flying everywhere, they were stuck.

It had been 2 hours since they had gotten stuck and Wheein's about to lose her mind. She was hungry and tired, and she just wants to go home, cuddle up with ggomo, and sleep. Yongsun was on the phone trying to contact the police while their manager was contacting their company for help. She doesn't get it, they were humans too, they have a right to their privacy, so why can't these people understand? If they were in their shoes, they would already be complaining about invasion of privacy but since they were idols it means that everything you do is free for the public to see, that's what these people think of them.


She sees Hyejin take a seat next to her, offering some chips to munch on. She was glad that her best friend was here. With a sigh, she resigned herself into eating a chip and cuddling up with Hyejin tangling their wings in the process.


"You know," Hyejin says, "It's pretty amazing that these reporters still haven't given up on trying to hijack the car."


"Ughhhh... Why can't they let us go home?" Wheein flops into Hyejin's lap. "I'm hungry, I feel like my wings are cramping, and I wanna sleep. They don't even ask us about our new song that much, its always just what happened at the ball!"


With a sigh, Hyejin tried to calm her down, "I know but we just gotta stick through this for a bit more, then we'll be free from this."


"Wheein-ah, Hyejin-ah! Yongsun unnie says that we'll be able to get out in 20 minutes." Byul informs the two, a smile growing on her face as she saw the maknae lines relief and happiness shine in their eyes. She plops herself on the seat beside Hyejin.


"Soooo... Unnie, what were you doing while we were racing?" The pup asks, genuinely curious at what she and Taeyeon were doing looking up a tree.


"Ah... We were trying to see how high we could go with a tiny boost up the tree," Byul smiles at the memory, "I won that one, and Taeyeon owes me a meal" andd the fact that she would a free meal.


"Wahh!! Really unnie?!" Hyejin asks, amazed at the idea of getting a meal from Taeyeon.


"Yep and Taeyeon-unnie told Byul-ah to bring us as well," Yongsun answers, grinning at the two when their wings started buzzing with excitement.


Wheein was thinking deeply about this newly acquired information, "Byul-unnie, How come you and Taeyeon-unnie are clo-" She never got to answer when they felt the van being moved. Wheein and Hyejin got thrown right into their unnies when the reporters toppled the van to its side. She heard glass breaking and the flashes of the camera going off behind her eyelids, she shielded herself with her wings preparing for the worst.


When she opened her eyes, Wheein was outside with Hyejin clinging to her side and Yongsun curled up into Byul. She looked around and saw that the media was at least 5 feet away from them, their cameras were still flashing but she didn't seem to get affected by the flashing lights anymore. Hyejin seemed to sense that something was happening when she disentangled herself from Wheein. She turns to look up at Wheein then to her unnies.


"Hyejin-ah, Wheein-ah, are you two alright?" Byul asks as she tries to get Yongsun to control her wings. They were emitting a glow again.


"Yeah... Unnie? How come the cameras are away from us?" Wheein tilts her head.


"They can't come closer Wheeinie."


"How are we going get home?"


"Yongsun's place is the nearest right now... I h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter