Chapter 17: Realization

Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N some notes~~ bold italics that are in this color are just convos, the italics are flashbacks. and the ones in quotation marks are thoughts.

 

Its been a week and Yongsun thinks she might go insane if they don't find Byulyi soon. Its been a week since she last saw her. Its been a week since they reported it to the police only for them not to help because Moon Byul Yi was still known as a wingless. The people don't care about the Wingless unless it benefits them. Gods she wants to show them just how wrong they are... but Byul would probably want her to fight for the Wingless instead. Screw this damned hierarchy. They could all burn in hell.


So when Sooyoung suddenly called them over to her place, she accidentally teleported there... At least that's how everyone else saw it. It was either like traveling at the speed of light or being able to bend time and space... She should ask Taeyeon. Yongsun knows that Taeyeon knew a lot more than all of them combined about everything that was happening. If her hunch was right, then Taeyeon and Jessica would be the second ones here. And she was when moments later, the two appeared Taeyeon's eyes glowing a faint red. She didn't know that she was the same until Taeyeon pointed it out and helped her calm down.


While they were waiting for the others to arrive, Yongsun took this chance to ask about the that had been on her mind for a while.


"Taeyeon-unnie... what are you and Byul exactly?" This was the most frequent question that got stuck in her head ever since she saw the two of them get along so well during the Ball.


"Hmmm... well, aside from the fact that we're related as what the stories tell. In this lifetime, we're cousins." Well, that was something she never thought about... Yongsun was prepared for whatever answer it was but it still caught her off-guard.


Even if Yongsun has a great poker face, her wings still gave her away. Taeyeon was trying so hard to suppress the smile that was threatening to take over her face. Jessica giggling behind her hand tells her she failed.


"Yah, Yongsun. Your wings are giving you away..." Taeyeon watches the younger girl fluster a bit before folding her wings.


"Aigoo, Yongsun. It's alright, I keep doing that as well. That's why this tiny leader never got threatened by me whenever I would be in "Hellsica" mode." Jessica says, trying to comfort her. This makes Yongsun light up like a tiny ball of sunshine. The two older girls and veterans of the industry looked at each other then back to Yongsun. Looking at her as if they were anime characters looking at the ball of sunshine that would just leave them to melt at the sight. That was how they looked.


When Sooyoung found them on the carpeted floor after she left them to prepare some snacks because oh boy, they were going to need a snack from either flying or running to get to her house as fast as they can after she called.


She decided not to make her presence know yet, her feathers were itching in curiosity as to what the three probably gods were doing. Her shoulder connected to the wall as she watched the three interact while munching on some peanuts.


The scene before her brought a smile to her face as she happily munches. It reminds her of when she was playing with Wheein and Hwasa when they were first created by the heavens...

 


"Wahhh, Hyejinie look!" A girl with a dimple and wings of cool gray and soothing blue that you would only see in the sky, called to her best-friend with wings as if made of minerals.


"Yah, Wheein-ah! wait up!" The other girl says, running after the excited dimpled girl.


Sooyoung looked out at the two new gods that the heavens had created, running to the open field where Sun and Cosmos had trained. Death had asked her to look over the two new younglings while the other four gods had to do something more important. She had decided to give them names instead of calling them Wind and Earth, the names were too boring in her humble opinion.


But she really did need to make sure the two stayed out of trouble. Who knew that she, a flightless, would befriend the gods to the point that she was trusted to look over the two new younglings.


Shaking her head, she called the two over to tell them a story, mostly so that they wouldn't cause the early destruction of where the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter