Chapter 14: Doors... heh

Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jessica!" 


Krystal burst into the room, making her fly up into the air. She gave her sister a deadpan look while she was hanging from the ceiling. It was somewhat satisfying to see her flinch using her cold stare. Disentangling herself from the chandelier she got stuck on, she wooshed down to the ground and took a seat. Doing that little spin thing with her chair like in the movies.


"So, mind telling me why you burst into my office like that," Jessica raised her brows and gestures to her door "And almost destroying my door in the process?"


Krystal internally screams, she was very much in trouble after this but that doesn't matter right now. What matters is that the freakin god of death was seen. I repeat to you: SEEN. In Korea.


"Well it is important," Krystal huffed, walking up to her sister, planting her hands on the table.


"The God of Death was spotted in Korea," anddd she got blinded. "Oh my gods Jess! Your wings!! I'm going to blind!!"


"Wait, What do you mean by the God of Death was spotted in Korea?!" Jessica shakes her still dazed sister, trying to get more information about it.


"Yah!" Krystal slaps the hands away "Red Velvet was there when it happened. Tiffany-unnie told me but I don't know the full story yet."


"Well, why are we still here?" Jessica stands up and gets her things, "We have a call to ma-"


"Jess!" Tyler burst into the room. "You won't believe this but I just got us a reservation at the most expensive restaurant today." He wipes of imaginary dust from his shoulder, "No need to thank me."


The sisters looked at each other, then back to Tyler. The fiasco from last time left a sour taste in about Tyler. She's rethinking a lot of things about him when he showed his colors back at the farm.


"Maybe next time," Jessica walks past him "I need to do something with Krystal today."


He grabs her wrist and turns her around, Jessica's hand slowly going numb, "What's so important? As far as I know, it's a slow day for the company." He asks.


"It's none of your business. Now let," the temperature drops as she looks at Tyler "go."


They get to the hallway when he shouts, "This is because of that filthy wingless, right?!"


With a blink, Tyler finds himself pinned against the wall, wings getting crushed behind his back. Jessica holds him up by the collar and looks into his eyes, her own ones flashing a bright gold.


"Look Tyler, you have no right to talk like that about my friends. So unless you want to be ruined, don't dare show your face to me." Jessica drops him to the ground. "Got it?"


Tyler nods before hightailing it out of there. Krystal looks at her sister and thought 'Yeah... remind self to never make Jessica mad' as she gulps.

Krystal was in a... peculiar position. Like literally, she was just standing in a corner of the room in their house. On one hand, she can go to her sister and ask about the call they needed to make... but on the other hand, she can get yelled or temporarily blinded by her sister. She had to choose wisely.


In the end, she chose to talk to the goddess, she really didn't want to call her sister that but the time has come for her to acknowledge that. And now here they were in bed waiting for Tiffany to pick up the call. She prays to the gods that her unnie picks it up quickly. Her prayers were answered a few seconds later when she heard a loud 'Hello!' from the tablet.


"Hwang Miyoung! Why didn't you tell me-mmph!!" Krystal closes her sister's mouth with her hand, "Ah! Tiffany-unnie, can you tell us more about what happened with the God of Death?"


Jessica removes the hand and glares at her sister for a while befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter