Get better again

Beautiful Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I’m sorry we couldn’t detect her baby's heartbeat. She lost her baby.....” The doctor said make 3 of them so surprise.

“Is she ok?” Jaehyun asked.

“She’s fine, just weak only. After rest for a few days, she will get better.” The doctor added more. Johnny sits down to calm while Lemon already cried. Jaehyun stays silent and looks around the emergency ward. Thinking how they will break the news to A Rin.

A Rin sleeps the whole day and night. The doctor gives her medicine to put her on sleep so she could rest longer. Jaehyun stays at the hospital with A Rin while Johnny and Lemon go back to rest and change their clothes. They will come back in the morning.

Jaehyun holds A Rin’s hand. It feels cold and she looks pale too. How could this happen when A Rin is fine a few days ago? Just suddenly this happens and her body becomes weak? Did A Rin eat something wrong? Is it because of the fever medicine that he gave her? In the middle of the night, the nurse comes to check on A Rin.

“May I ask you some questions?” Jaehyun asked.

“Yes, please.”

“Is fever medicine is harmful to pregnant women?”

“Some fever medicine is not harmful to pregnancy.” The nurse answered and Jaehyun feel relieves. That’s mean the medicine A Rin taken is not harmful to her but why this happen?

“Could any food be harmful?”

“As I know there is no food that harmful to pregnancy. It’s good if she ate well. In her case, I don’t think food is the problem.....”

“Thank you....” Jaehyun said and let the nurse leaves.

Lemon packs a few warm clothes for A Rin and some of her toiletries too. Lemon open A Rin’s sling bag and found a pack of the medicine. She did not know that A Rin taking some pills. She read the label on the box and feels not good about it. She goes downstairs with medicine. Johnny breaks the news to and they all feel sorry for his loss.

“Johnny, do you know about this?” Lemon asked.

“What is it?”

“I found it in A Rin’s bag. I don’t remember the doctor give A Rin medicine during her last check-up.”

“It’s not a vitamin?”

“I don’t know but I don’t feel good about this.... That day we met Eric at the hospital....” Lemon said makes Johnny surprise.

“Why you don’t tell me about this?”

“These few weeks are hectic for us. I’m forgetting about it too.”

“It’s not what I think.....right?” Johnny asked.

“I hope it not.” Lemon said.

A Rin awake at dawn. She still feels weak but the pain is gone. She looks at her side and saw Jaehyun asleep while holding her hand. She turns her body to the side and watched him. Slowly she pulls her hand from his so she won’t wake him up. Even in sleep, he looks handsome too. His hair falls on his face so A Rin brushes it away from his face by her finger.

A Rin lay down for a while and when she feels much better, slowly she gets up. She pulls the curtain a bit and looking out. The sun is rising. The horizon is colored in bright orange and yellow while the other place including the hospital still wraps in darkness. Today she just looking at it blankly. Then she hears the door is open nurse comes in to check on her.

“Shh....” A Rin said to the nurse. She doesn’t want to wake Jaehyun up yet. He needs more sleep.

“How do you feel?” The nurse asked after she stands close to A Rin.

“Much better......Is my baby ok?” A Rin asked. The nurse shakes her head and looks sorry too. A Rin nods her head slowly and smiles bitterly. She wiped her tears silently. After checking on her, the nurse leaves her alone. A Rin looks out the window and cried silently. She doesn’t want to cry in front of Jaehyun or anyone else. She doesn’t want their sympathy or burdens them with her situation. 

Jaehyun wakes up and saw the bed is empty. He looks around and saw A Rin standing at the window. She seems solemn and down but not weak. She did not look pale too.

“Good morning....” Jaehyun greet. A Rin turns and smiles at him. Her smile is faked and he could see tears in her eyes too. A Rin tries to look strong.

“Good morning.”

“How do you feel?” He asked.

“No more pain but still weak....” She said in calm. Jaehyun worried when she did not show any emotion.

“Do you know.....?” Jaehyun asked but did not finish his sentences. A Rin smile a little then nods. She understands what he trying to ask.

Without saying anything they just look at each other. Jaehyun stands up and walks to her side. Without words, he spread his arms wide. When A Rin did not move an inch, he taps his chest slowly. A Rin smile as she looks at him. Her tears fall when she tried so hard not to cry. Slowly too she takes a step closer to him. Jaehyun wraps his arms around her. Embrace her warmly. There are no words that needed and could heal her pain. Only this way Jaehyun thinks he could comfort her.

A Rin buries her face on his chest and cried. Jaehyun her back softly up and down and let her cried.

Johnny and Lemon come to the hospital a bit early. When they arrive at A Rin’s room, they saw Jaehyun comfort A Rin. Johnny holds Lemon’s hand, stopping her to go inside. He wants to leave them alone. Lemon looks at Johnny when they stand outside. Johnny may look fine but Lemon could see he is hurt too. When she saw him fake his smile, Lemon couldn’t hold on her tears.

“Johnny-ah.....” Lemon did not finish her words. She wants to comfort h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter