The Night After

C R A S H

Jennie's P.O.V

I run as fast as I can leaving Lisa behind me shouting for my name. I don't know what we were thinking and we did that. That shouldn't happen, we're best friends and we're both broken. That's nothing and I know that this is all just because of the alcohol. But what's this heavy feeling in my chest? This feeling is so foreign to me because this is the first time I experienced this. My heart almost jumps out from my chest when she kissed me and I suddenly felt empty when we parted. We not just kissed, we almost did it by the beach! Oh gosh! I shook my head erasing the memory on my mind and walked faster so I could get into my room as fast as I can. 

After a few more steps and I am already inside my room. Earlier I was planning to sleep with Lisa but how can I do that now after the kiss? I sat on the edge of the bed, tracing my lips with my fingers remembering how hot the kiss was and I smiled. That was intense and I never knew that's how good it feels. Geez! What are you thinking Jennie Kim? She's your best friend for Pete's sake! 

Sighing deeply, I tried to calm my raging heart and forget about everything that's happened. I don't know what will happen tomorrow when we wake up but I hope everything will be fine. I hope this is just a dream. But if it is, will it be a bad or a good dream? I don't know. All I know is that it shouldn't happen. 

I wake up feeling the cool breeze of the morning air. The sun is up and its rays are hitting my eyes almost blinding me. I tried to open my eyes slowly, adjusting from the bright light. I sat on the bed and stretched my arm upward before I stood up. My head hurts and almost lost my balance when I stand, maybe it's the effect of the alcohol we drunk last night. I need a drink because my throat was so dry. I fixed my hair first into a messy bun then I decided to go downstairs to drink some water. When I open the door, Lisa welcomed me. She's about to leave her room as well. Her hair was disheveled and it seems like she also just woke up from the bed. Our eyes met but no one dared to speak. I forced a smile then I helped myself down. I went straight to the kitchen to fulfill my plan when I saw Choi fixing the table. 

"Oh! Good morning, Jennie! Do you have a good sleep? Sit down, breakfast is ready" he cheerfully said while putting the plates on the table. 

"Good morning" I smiled then I turn around to sit but I bumped into Lisa's chest. I didn't know she's at my back. I almost lost my balance but she got me quick hugging me by the waist. 

I felt my body tense and my face heated up by her touch so I quickly pull apart and sat on the chair near me while Lisa sat beside me. Silence filled the air until Choi noticed it.  

He looked at me then to Lisa before he put his hand on the table and his head above his hands. He leaned forward squinting his eyes on us. 

"Does something happen?" he asked. 

I don't know what to answer so I keep my mouth shut and let Lisa answer his friend. I stretch my arm forward to the pitcher to get some water and Lisa did the same that made our hands touch each other. I felt electricity flows with that sudden touch but before I pull out, she already did. 

Choi looked at our hands before he looked back on us. 

"Nothing. Nothing happened" Lisa finally talked after being so silent. 

"O-kay" Choi uttered sarcastically before he leaned his back on the chair while grinning on us.

 "Come on let's eat" he added and we both nod. 

Lisa took the rice and put some on my plate. She also put hotdogs and bacon on it. I look at her and said thank you and she smiled then we started to eat. After we ate, we went back to our room to fixed ourselves coz we decided to go home. 

 

-----

Lisa's P.O.V.

We were here inside my car on our way back home just like what I have promised to Uncle Josh and we're still so silent. Gosh! this is so awkward! This is all my fault. I shouldn't have kissed Jennie. But I admit last night was hot. Jennie is freakin hot but what happened last night was wrong. I don't want her to think that I am taking advantage of our situation. I always warn her about Taehyung that he just wants to get on her pants but I almost did that to her last night. I don't know why I did that. I couldn't blame it on the alcohol because I wasn't drunk at all. I maybe tipsy but I am still aware of what I am doing. I can still remember how my heart beats so fast while I'm kissing her. I'm nervous and that's the first time that happened to me. Even with Rosie, I didn't feel that. 

I took some glances on Jennie while her head is leaning on the window looking outside. I swear the silence between us is so deafening and I couldn't take it anymore. So, I stopped my car on the side of the road then she looked at me with a full of confusion on her face. 

"Let's go out for a bit," I said before I get out of my car.

I walked on to the shore and waited for Jennie. Not long enough and she's already beside me. 

We walked side by side on the seashore while the back of hands is touching each other. We should talk about what happened last night but I don't know how to start. I don't know what to say and I can't even look straight into her eyes. But I couldn't leave this place without even talking about it. The kiss we shared last night was wonderful but I don't know if Jennie feels the same way too. Maybe she's mad at me because I took her first kiss and I know she's not ready for it yet so I need to apologize to her. 

I heave a deep sigh hoping that the fresh air that I breathe in could give me the courage that I need. I stopped and she did the same then we stared at each other. 

I swallowed the lump in my throat first before I speak. My heart is thumping really hard now while I am being lost in her gaze. 

"Jen, ahm.. about l-last night" 

! Why am I stuttering? You will just have to say sorry Lisa that's all. What's making it so hard?

 She's just looking at me not saying anything. I hold onto my nape while letting myself explain.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that. I don't know what I'm doing, why did I---"

I wasn't able to finish my sentence when she suddenly kissed me.

My eyes widened but hers was closed. I couldn't move coz I was caught off guard with what she did. I felt like I was frozen in place and I don't know how will I react. Should I kiss her back or should I stop this? This is wrong, so wrong but why does it felt so good? This can't be! Before I could even make a move she already did. She broke the kiss and look straight into my eyes. 

"You took my first kiss away Lis, I'm just taking it back"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------

Sorry for the very late update. I've been very busy these past few days and I was actually struggling if I will continue writing this or not. Until now I don't know. Haays.