XXVII

C R A S H

Jennie's POV

I woke up feeling something heavy on top of me and when I open my eyes I saw Lisa. She's sleeping like a baby with her head resting on my chest. I weakly smiled while I am watching her peacefully sleeping beside me. I stared at her face and noticed the dark spots under her eyes, she looks tired and stress and I wonder what's bothering her. I know there something happened that's why she's acting this way. 

While I was watching her sleep, the memories of last night creep in. 

 

 

Flashback

"Make love with me Jennie"

I was dumbfounded when Lisa asked me to make love with her. I was speechless and I don't know how will I respond but before I could even do so, her lips were already pressed on mine. She kissed me aggressively and I cannot do anything else but to respond because I was already caught in the moment. I cannot move and I cannot find a way to object. I closed my eyes and savor this intimate moment that we've been sharing until I felt that she placed her left hand on my cheeks while she's kissing me while her other hand starting to travel on my thigh. She slid her tongue inside my mouth and she started hard and the taste of the alcohol in was intoxicating me while her touches sent me on high. 

Every moment passed and I can already feel our breaths becoming heavier. We pulled apart with each other's lips when we felt the need for air. I opened my eyes and our eyes met. But I was hurt chest when I see the sadness in her eyes. My brows automatically furrowed wondering what's bothering her and I was startled when she started kissing my neck. and on my skin while her hands started ing my blouse in a hurry. I knew there's something wrong with her but I didn't try to ask. I let her undress me until she reached the lock of my bra and unclasped it. She hooked the straps of my bra from my shoulder and throw it somewhere down. I was now half- right before her eyes while we were sitting on her bed and she stared at me. I felt so shy but I never cover myself coz I am now willing to give her my everything. I watched her shoulders moved up and down as her breathing starting to get deeper. Her brown orbs reflect desire and lust as she stares at my ness right in front of her. She turned her gaze on my face and our eyes once again met. I smiled at her but I was taken aback when tears started to flow down her rosy cheeks. She's crying and I don't have any idea why. I felt a pang in my chest when she pulled the duvet and covered me. She hugged me so tight while she cried on the crook of my neck. 

"I'm sorry Jennie, I'm sorry" 

Her sobs almost break me apart but I didn't let my emotions and frustration eat me. I pulled her in my arms and hugged her back. I caress her back and let her cry her heart out. 

I don't know what happened and why she's like this but I just want her to know and feel that I am always here beside her. That she can count on me and I will never leave her. 

Nothing happened between us. I just let her cry on my shoulder until she sleeps. I put my clothes on and I let her lay beside me as we sleep together. 

"I don't know what you're going through, but I hope those pain inside you will be gone when we wake up" I whispered on top of her head. 

I kissed the top of her head before I doze off to sleep.

End of Flashback

 

 

I woke up from the bed slowly, trying not to disturb the sleeping beauty beside me. I looked at her and she looks more like a mess with the bright sunlight illuminating her room. She's very pale and she seems like she hasn't taken a bath for a couple of days.

I can still remember the last time she's like this was when her Mom died due to heart attack. We didn't know that she had that because she seems normal and the day of her burial I've met her stepbrother. All this time, we thought she was an only child but it turns out that Uncle Marco had a child with another woman which Lisa said is the reason why her mom died. She said her Dad introduce Jin, her stepbrother, to her mom and that day her Mom's heart failed. She said she saw her mom crying so hard at that time, maybe because she learned that her husband cheated on her. I saw how devastated Lisa with what happened, and I know she's blaming Uncle Marco for her mom's death and I cannot blame her coz she's hurt. 

The second time was when Rośe, her ex, and first love, cheated on her with his brother, Jin. Jin was a nice guy and the only mistake he did was to be in love with the wrong person. He fell in love with Lisa's girlfriend. I've talked to him a couple of times when Lisa was not around coz I know she'll be mad at me if she sees me talking to him. Jin said that he cares for Lisa, that he loves her even though Lisa was blaming him for her mother's death. He said he tried to ignore and even try to erase his feelings for Rosie because he respects Lisa but he failed. He loves her so much and he can't afford to see Rosie hurt. But whatever his reasons are, they shouldn't be cheating behind her back. After Lisa beat Jin back then, she decided to leave their house and live alone. Uncle Marco didn't stop Lisa because he was so mad at what she's done to her brother. It was never easy for her, I offered her help but she consistently refused so I stop and just morally support her. I am just so happy that she's finally doing what she loves and she excels from it, but I was so worried at the same time because her life is at risk every time she races but that's what she wants so I couldn't do anything but to support her. But what's making me more worried is her doing the same thing as before, drowning herself from the alcohol. I stopped myself from overthinking but instead, I decided to prepare a breakfast for us. 

I was about to call her when I felt her presence inside the kitchen. I turn around to face her and see that she's leaning against the wall watching me.

I looked at her and I can still see the sadness in her eyes and I hate it. I hate seeing her sad. I hate seeing her like this. 

"Good morning" I greeted, trying to ease the awkwardness between us. 

"Morning" 

She walks toward me without breaking the eye contact. 

"Come on let's eat," I said while putting the plates on the table.

I was about to sit down when she pulled me to an embrace. 

"I'm sorry for what happened last night, Jen"

I almost cry but I forced myself not to. I don't want her to see me crying that's why I tried to smile and tapped her back sending the message that it's alright then I pulled her to sit down.

I served her food but I noticed that she's not even touching it. I heave a deep sigh and took all the courage that I need to ask her. 

"What happened?" I asked holding her right hand that is resting on the table.

She deep sighed and said, "She's back, Jen"