The Meet Up

C R A S H

Lisa's P.O.V

 


I look at Jennie and I know she's still afraid but I appreciate her going with me. Actually, I can really ask Seulgi or Momo to accompany me but I didn't because I want Jennie to come with me instead. First, because she is my bestfriend and second, because I want to help her overcome her fear, her trauma. It's been 8 years since that accident happened and she already suffered a lot. She lost her parents as well us her social life. She grew up with just me, Uncle Josh and Jisoo around her. She didn't experience what a normal teenagers are experiencing because of her trauma. She can't even go to school and make friends and that makes me sad. When I first saw her, it was her Mom and Dad's wake. She's sitting on the swing alone and she's crying non stop until I saw her approaching a little boy riding a bicycle. I come near them to hear what they are talkin about. I heard the little girl said that bicycle was hers but the boy refused to return it to her. He even pushed her hard that made her stumble on the ground. The little girl just cried hard. For I don't know the reason why, but I felt the urge to protect the little girl from this bully kid. I took him by the collar and pushed him down that made him sit beside the little girl. The little girl was shocked and the boy stood up and was about to punch me but I dodge it, thankful I studied Taekwondo and punch his stomach lightly but he groaned in pain and he run inside the house. The little girl is just staring at me so I stretch out my hands to help her stand up. 

 


After that night, we started to become friends and I promised her that I will protect her at any cost. Maybe because I can see myself with her, alone and lonely. I lost my mom and it hurts me so bad but I know how hurt she is because she lost both of her parents. I still have my Dad but I didn't consider him anymore. I am mad at him because he's the reason why my mom died, coz he cheated on her. 

 


"Hey, relax Nini, I'm here" I said reaching for her hands that's holding tight on the seatbelt. 

 


She looked at me and smiled. 

 

 

"Thank you for coming with me, you really love me huh?" I said pressing her cheeks lighter. 

 


"Huh! Don't be too full of yourself. I only came for the Chanel sweater you'll give me after this" she rolled her eyes on me. 

 

 

"Fine! fine!" 

-------- 

After 30 minutes...

 


We arrived at the university and I saw how Jennie looked up and roamed her eyes around. There's a smile on her face that I cannot explain. She looks very happy and I smiled seeing her this way. I know how much she misses school, but I believe this will be a good start for her. Who knows maybe one day she'll go back to school with me. 

 


"I miss this place" she said. 

 

"Then comeback" 

 


She looked at me and just smiled. I texted Rosie to ask where she is and she replied in no time saying she's at the cafeteria. I took Jennie's hand and pull her to the cafeteria to meet Rosie. I can say I'm a bit famous here at school because I'm a varsity that's why students are watching us as we run hand in hand in the corridors of our school. Some of them are frowning and some are whispering who's this girl beside me. I didn't mind them and just rush to where we're supposed to be going. 

 


When we enter the cafeteria, a lot of eyes were on us, especially to Jennie who's new hear. I can see that my bestfriend is feeling awkward so, I pressed her hand and smiled at her and she did the same. "It's okay" I said and she nods. 

 


I roamed my eyes around and I saw Rosie sitting with Irene, Dahyun, and Sana in the middle. Rosie waved her hand and I pulled Jennie so we can meet them. I am very excited that finally the two important women in my life will meet. 

 


Irene stood up and her eyes widened in shock when she saw Jennie beside me. 

 


"Oh my God Jen! you're here!" she said pulling Jennie in her arms. I know they've been friends since gradeschool and Irene is also aware with Jennie's struggles. They remained friends eversince and there are times that we stayed the night at Jennie's mansion together. 

 

 

"Yes, after being a monk in our house for eight years. I finally see the light!" she joked that made me and Irene smile.

 


"Finally! I don't know how Lisa convinced you but really I am so happy for you!

 


"I was able to convince her through a Chanel sweater. If I only knew... Haaayss" I said which earned a chuckle from the two. 

 


"Oh by the way, I want you guys to meet my bestfriend Jennie Kim. Jen this is Sana my friend and this is Rosie my.. my girlfriend" I swallowed the lump in my throat because I saw how her cat eyes grew wider after she heard what I said. Yes, I haven't told her about me and Rosie coz I've been waiting for this moment to come, to introduce them to each other personally.

 


"Oh. Hi! Nice to meet you Sana, Rosie" she smiled genuinely at them but she glared when her eyes landed on me and mouthed 'you have a lot of explaining to do'. I know we promised each other that there will be no secrets but to my defense I didn't keep a secret I really just want them to meet personally. 

 


We sat and the girls started to talk about girly stuff that I could not relate because I am not interested. I heard Irene asked them for a girl's day out and everybody agreed, even Jennie. She said she'll go if I go. So, I have no choice but to go even if I don't want to. I just think that it is good for my bestfriend to have some life outside the four walls of their mansion. I am sitting between Rosie and Jennie while Sana and Irene are in front of us when the crew came in to take our orders. Irene ordered two cafe americano for her and for Sana, Jennie order Strawberry Milkshake while Rosie ordered Two Almond Cashew Coffee for us. I told Rosie to order for me but forgot to tell her that I am allergic to Almond. The crew nods and move his way back to the kitchen. I was about to stop the crew when Jennie speak.

 


"Wait" she shout so the crew can hear. 

 


The crew turned his head and face us, "Yes Ma'am?" 

 


We are all looking at Jennie this moment, "Please make it just one Almond Cashew coffee. I am sorry Rosie but I know she's just shy to tell you but Lisa is allergic to Almond" 

 


I saw how Rosie's mouth creates an 'O' shape before she looks at me. "I'm sorry, I didn't know. Why didn't you tell me?" she asked caressing my face with her hands. 

 

 

I smiled, "Sorry I forgot" I said while holding my nape. 

 

She nods and let me pick what I want. 

 


We spend hours with each other and I am happy that Rosie and Jennie are getting along really well. The girls even done setting up their girls day out which will happen next weekend. We bid our goodbye to each other and accompany Rosie to her car. 

 


"See you tomorrow babe" I said. 

 


She hold the collar of my shirt and pulled me closer to claim my lips. I hold her by the waist to pull her closer as I responded to her kiss. 

 


"See you" she said and waved her goodbye. 

 


When I can no longer see Rosie's car, I turn around to look for Jennie but my brows furrowed when I saw her talking to a man and she's smiling like how she smiles whenever she sees Lee Min Ho on TV. 

 


I walk towards them but my eyes were fix to the man. I can't see his face because I am facing his back but I can clearly see Jennie's reaction while talking to this man. What the ! Is she blushing? Is my mandu blushing over a man? I walked faster so I can see the man's face only to see that it is Kim Taehyung, the bully kid from 8 years ago. Yes, we were studying in the same school. Why is he talking to my mandu?After what he did to her? I gritted my teeth and like an older brother I stood in between them. 

 

 

"What do you want Kim?" I asked giving him a glare. I can feel Jennie's hands holding my arms. 

 

 

"Nothing. I just want to talk to Jennie to say sorry" he looked at me then to Jennie with a smug smile on his face. 

 


With brows still furrowed, I looked at Jennie and saw her blushing really hard like a grade schooler who just saw her crush. Jennie smiled at me and pressed my arms hard telling me to calm down.

 


"Ahm.. I think I need to go now. I'm glad to see you again, Jennie. See you around" he said giving Jennie a kiss on the cheeks. 

 


Jennie waved her goodbye to the man. 

 


"What the is that?" I asked. 

 


"Taehyung. He just want to say sorry for bullying me 8 years ago but you scared him away" she said rolling her eyes on me. 

 


My mouth went agape and I couldn't believe she's upset with me because of that man.

 


"And how did he know it was you?" I asked. It's been 8 years and a lot have changed, physically of course. 

 

 

"He said he's been following my social media accounts" she said walking towards my car.

 


I opened the shotgun seat for her and she sat without even looking at me. 

 


"And why are you blushing?" I asked. 

 


"I'm not!" she defended. 

 


I heave a sigh. 

 

"Stay away from him. He doesn't have a good reputation here when it comes to women" I told. 

 


"Lisa stop being paranoid. He's just saying sorry, okay" 

 


"Okay"

--------

 

Jennie's P.O.V.

 


Lisa drive me back home safely and the whole ride was so silent because we are not talking to each other. She's not even looking at me. I know she's mad coz I talked to Taehyung but what can I do? I just dont want to be rude. Sometimes I hate how overprotective she is that she almost beat Uncle Josh and Jisoo's role. I don't understand why he still mad at Taehyung. It's been 8 years and we were still kids back then but I appreciate Taehyung approaching me just to say sorry. 

 

 

Flashback

 


I am now here watching Lisa and Rosie bid their goodbye to each other. This two really don't know what privacy means as they were kissing in public. But I am happy that my bestfriend found someone who loves her truly. I can see it with Rosie's eyes that she is really in love with my monkey bestfriend. I wouldn't wonder why because it is not hard to love Lisa back. She is very adorable, kind, loveable, sweet, cute, and very caring that can surely make the girls or boys fell hard on her. 

 


My train of thoughts were cut when someone stood in front of me blocking the view of my bestfriend and her lover. "Hi Jennie" he said wearing a beautiful smile on his face. I can say he's very handsome especially now that I can see him very clearly. He has this jet black hair, cute eyes, pointed nose, and soft looking pinkish lips. I swallowed the lump in my throat when my eyes landed on his lips but was taken back to reality when he talked. "Long time no see" 

 


"Ah.. ahm.. I'm sorry but do I know you?" I asked. I'm sure I don't know who this guy is but he looks really familiar. 

 


"Kim Taehyung" he answered stretching his arms towards me while smiling widely. 

 

 

I furrowed my brows, unsure if I will took his hand coz I'm really thinking where did I see him. 

 


He pulled out his hand and scratch the back of his neck. "I don't want to say this but I think you would only remember me by telling you the only memory we had of each other" 

 

 

I raised a brow waiting for him to continue. 

 


"I am the one who bullied you 8 years ago during your mom and dad's wake in your house" 

 

 

My mouth automatically formed a 'O' shape when I heard what he said. So, he is the fat kid who made me cry even more that night. 

 


We both looked at each other as we both said "bicycle" at the same time.

 


We both laughed. "Finally! Now you remember me" 

 


"How can I forget?" I said. 

 


"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that" he's looking down. Maybe he is shy because of what he did that time..

 


"Nah. It's fine. Let's forget about it" I answered back stretching my hands towards him. 

 


He gladly took my hand and shake it. 

 

"By the way how did you know it's me?" I asked, curious about how he knew I am the kid he bullied back then. 

 


"Well ah.. Don't think of me like a stalker but I am following all your social media accounts" he shyly admitted. 


Cute.


"I see" I nod my head while smiling widely. 


"Why? " he asked. .

 

 

"What why?" I asked in return.

 


"Why are you looking at me that way?" he asked. 

 

"I just couldn't believe that the you are that fat kid who bullied me that night. I didn't expect you'll grew up like.. like.." I don't know how to end up this sentence and tell him I didn't expect him to grew up this handsome. 

 


"Like handsome as I am right now?" he said lifting his brows while wearing  smug smile on his face. 

 

 

"Huh! You still haven't changed. You're still full of  yourself" I uttered then I rolled my eyes on him..

 

 

"Haha! I'm just kidding!" he burst out to laughter which made me laugh as well..

 

 

Taehyung and I are having a good talk when Lisa came out of nowhere.

 

 

"What do you want Kim?" she asked while galring at him. 

 


"Nothing. I just want to talk to Jennie to say sorry" he looked at Lisa then to me. 

 


I can feel my face heated and there seems to have butterflies on my stomach. 

 

 

"Ahm.. I think I need to go now. I'm glad to see you again, Jennie. See you around" he said giving me a kiss on the cheeks. 

 

 

That alone gave me a goosebumps and my heart starts beating like crazy. I hold on to my chest coz I don't know why I am feeling like this. 

 


I looked at Taehyung and bid him my goodbye.

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 


-------

I'm back!!!