P R O L O G U E

C R A S H

"Princess, hurry now so we won't be stuck in traffic" my Dad shouted from their room which is just across my room.


"Yes Dad coming!!" I hastily run after I put extra clothes, towel, and Kuma my teddy bear on my backpack. I am very excited now coz I will be spending the whole day with my parents. It rarely happens because they both have very busy schedules. My Mom is a doctor while my Dad is the CEO of the Kim Corp, one of the biggest conglomerate here in Korea. Most of the time we don't see each other because they usually go to work before I wake up and when they go home I was already asleep. I really missed them a lot that's why when we happen to eat breakfast together one morning, I told them that I already miss them. They said they miss me too that's why they promise me that both of them will take a day off so we could spent a whole day being together as a family. So, I am so happy that they are now fulfulling that promise. I am so excited and happy that finally I get to spend time with my parents but what happened next is very unexpected. 


"Mom.. Dad.. Why.. huhu" I am now sobbing here at the playground on the garden of our mansion. I am sitting on the swing alone while everybody is inside our house to attend my Mom and Dad's wake. They died due to car crash and I was the only one who survived coz they've protected me from the impact of the collision. We were supposed to be having a family day that time coz Mom and Dad promised me that we'll go on a picnic to make it up to me due to their busy schedules. They took a day off just to fulfill their promise but the supposed to be happy moments became tragic when a ten wheeler truck crashed into our car. My Dad tried to avoid the upcoming catastrophe but he didn't succeed. The truck was so big and we can no longer dodge it, either way our car will bump into it. Mom and I are sitting at the backseat while my Dad is driving. I saw it with my own two eyes how the truck bumped into us. The glasses scattered due to the strong impact of the collision and the loud sound of it almost makes me deaf until my Mom hugged me tight protecting me to any kind of harm. She's the reason why I am still alive and breathing. She did everything just to protect me at all cost. I felt numb and I was so scared when I saw blood dripping from my Mom and Dad's head. Their eyes were both closed and I wanna hug them and wake them up but I couldn't move any muscles in my body. 

 

"Mom! Dad! Wake up please I'm scared" 

 

I keep on repeating those words until my voice becomes hoarse. I heard loud sound of sirens from an ambulance and I can see a lot of people hastily moving towards us to give some help. There are people in a red uniform approaching us, holding a stretcher and I watched them took my Dad from the driver's seat then my mom. I forced myself to stay awake but I can't until I lost my vision and drift off to sleep.

 

I slowly opened my eyes and a white ceiling in an unfamiliar room welcomes me until I heard a child's voice. 

 

"Dad! She's awake now! Jennie's awake!" I looked at where the voice is coming from and there I saw my cousin Jisoo running towards Uncle Josh her Dad which is my Dad's brother.

 

"Thank God! Jisoo call a doctor outside now!" 

 

Jisoo immediately run outside the room tp follow his Dad's command. So I am in the hospital? I hold my head and scrunch my face when I suddenly felt pain on it. My vision is blurry but I can clearly see Uncle Josh walking towards me. He smiled and holds my right hand and he sligthly pinched it. I forced a smile before I asked him a question. 

 

"Uncle, where's Mom and Dad? Are they okay?" I asked. 

 

I saw him turned his gaze away from me that made me confused. I was about to ask him another question but the doctor came so I wasn't able to do so. 

 

I watched the doctor as he pulled out a small flashlight from his pocket and beginning to check my eyes. I followed the light like he said and I blinked a couple of times when the lights hits my eyes.

 

"Okay Jennie does anything hurts?" the doctor asked.  

 

I shook my head, "Nothing aside from this" I said pointing out on my head. That's when I realized I had a bandage on it. The doctor said my head hit a steel inside the car but thank God the injury is not that serious. I watched him as he talk to Uncle Josh. 

 

When the doctor bid his goodbye I asked Uncle Josh again about my parents. 

 

"Uncle?" he turn around to look at me after he closed the door. 

 

"Yes Princess?" I missed my Dad all of sudden when he called me princess coz my Dad used to call me that. I want to see them now and hug them. I want to know how are they.

 

"I want to see Mom and Dad. Please" I begged. I pouted my lips so that Uncle Josh will pity me and bring me to my parents. 

 

"But Jen you have to rest fir--" 

 

I cutted his words, "Please Uncle. Please?"

 

I can see the hesitation on his face. I know he wants me get some rest first but I really want to see my parents. I wanted to tell them that I will no longer ask them out and just stay and bond at the house so it wont happen again. I pleaded to Uncle Josh until he agreed to bring me with my parents. He deep sighed before he answered me again. 

 

"Okay" he said. 

 

"But Dad??!" Jisoo butted in. 

 

"She has to know Jisoo" Uncle Josh answered. 


I need to know? What do I need to know? I shrugged it off and let Uncle Josh put me on the wheelchair. He brough me to a place far from the other rooms. I don't know but this hallway is a bit scary. I looked up and I saw a sign and read it. 


'MORGUE' 

 

I don't know what is the meaning of that word because it is actually my first time seeing it. Maybe it's just another special room for patients here in the hospital.

 

Jisoo tapped my shoulders and smiled at me. I did the same before I watched Uncle Josh opened the door for me. 

 

When Uncle Josh opened the door he talked to a man and that man assisted us inside. I roamed my eyes around and I gripped tight to Jisoo when we were inside the room. The room is like the scary places you can watch in a horror film. I hold my breath and tapped my chest coz I'm feeling scared. Yes, indeed this room is very scary. Uncle Josh and I stopped at a body covered with white cloth. Why is the patient's face covered with that? I don't know if that's my Dad or Mom. I can't process what's happening. It's hard to understand everything when you're an eight year old child. When Uncle Josh pulled out the cloth I saw my Dad sleeping. He's very pale. I tried to stand up and wake him up eventhough my legs are still wobbling and still in pain.

 

"Dad I'm here now. You're princess is here now. Please wake up" I said tapping his shoulder but he didn't move a bit. 

 

"Dad? DAD!" I shouted but still no response from him. 


I looked for my Mom. Maybe Dad's in deep sleep. I will try to wake Mom first. 

 

When Uncle Josh brought me to Mom I did the same but like Dad she doesn't move a bit or wake up. 

 

I started to cry hard. I am shouting their names but nothing happened. Jisoo hugged me tight to calm me down. 


"Jen they're gone. They're dead" Uncle Josh said. Tears forming at the corner of his eyes while Jisoo is crying along with me. 


"NO! NO THEY ARE NOT!! YOU'RE LYING!! THEY ARE NOT DEAD! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! MOM DAD PLEASE WAKE UP! THIS IS JUST A PRANK ISN'T IT? WAKE UP NOW! MOM, DAD PLEASE.. PLEASE!!" I cried my heart and shouted out but nothing happens. Uncle Josh and Jisoo hugged me tight while I am I crying really hard in front of my parents cold bodies. 

------


I heard from the people here inside our house now that the truck crushed our car like a thin can and it was really a miracle that I made it, that I am alive. It is because my Mom protected me but how I wish I was gone with them. I wish I just died with them than to experience losing my parents at a very young age.  The memories of the accident keeps coming to my mind especially during night when I am sleeping. I always dreamt of myself bathing with my parents blood while shouting their names. It happens almost every night and I always find myself waking up full of sweats. Those memories never stops. It hurts. It hurts so much to the point that I wish I just died with them. I don't want to live anymore. All I'm thinking is that I am now alone. A lot of people are telling me they're condolences but I am not in the mood to talk to them so I went to our playground in the garden and I cried their when I saw a boy riding my bike that my Dad gave me on my birthday. I walked towards him and I snatch my bike from him. 

 

"That's mine! Don't touch it!" I don't want someone holding my things especially when it came from my parents because those are the only things they left for me. 

 

"I'm just borrowing it!" he tried to get the bike from me again but I refused that's why he pushed me hard that made me stumble on the ground. 

 

He successfully grabbed my bike and I cried hard and I tried pulling him away but he's too strong coz he's bigger and he's a boy. 


I scratched his arm and he hit me hard on my head that made me wince in pain. 


"Serves you right. Now I know why your parents leave you! Coz you're a bad kid! I'm just borrowing it!!" he said and once again he tried to ride my bike. I just don't want that to be broken coz my Dad gave that to me and it is precious for me. 

 

I cried again but I stopped when I saw the kid stumble on the floor beside me and a girl helped me to stand up and she handed me my bike. 

 

"That bike belongs to her. If she doesn't want you to play with it then you should respect that! You're a boy yet you hit a girl!? You're disgusting!" she said. 

 

The boy tried to hit her but she easily dodge it and punch the boy that made him fall on the ground for the second time. That boy cried. 

 

"Don't you ever hurt her again or I will do worst with you!" she threatened. The boy cried and run inside our house. Maybe he went back to his parents. 

 

The girl walk towards me and she smiled while I am still sobbing. She stretched her hands and helped me stand up.

 

"Stop now. He's gone" she said. 

 

Looking at her, I tried to swipe the tears in my eyes but it won't stop. It's flowing like a river, nonstop. But I was amazed that she made that kid run fast. I gave her a look as if asking her how did she do it.

 

"Taekwondo" she briefly answered and I nod my head. That's why she knows how to fight.


"You're Mr. and Mrs. Kim's daughter?" 

 

I nod. I was hesistant to talk to her at first but I gathered all my courage and talked.

 

"If only Dad is here then it won't happen. He will not let somebody to hurt me, but he's gone. My protectors are now gone" I said and the tears fall down my face again. She stared at me before she speaks.

 

"Don't worry. From now on I'll be your protector" she said placing both of her hands on her side waist.

 

I looked at her and she smiled at me. She's cute. I forced a smile. 

 

"Hey cheer up! I promise, I won't let anybody hurt you! So smile now. A genuine one" 

 

And for once I smiled at her with all sincerity. 


"Lisa" she stretched her hands as she introduced herself to me. 


I took it and said, "Jennie"

 

 

 

WELCOME TO CRASH!! PLEASE SUPPORT AND HOPE YOU LIKE IT TOO!! I'LL DO MY BEST TO UPDATE EVERY NIGHT.. PLEASE TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS FF. TIA!!!