Chapter XIV

C R A S H

Jennie's P.O.V

"Geez! I'm freakin' excited Jen!" Irene giggled while telling me how Seulgi approached her and ask her to be her date for the prom. 

"What do you think I should wear? Do you think I should wear black or pink? But I think I like to wear pink" she titters. 

She keeps on looking at the internet about what to wear and she's non stop bugging me about my opinion even though it's three more weeks until prom. 

"Can you just relax? You're beautiful, so even if you wear a rug you will still look beautiful" I commented. 

She smirked at what I have said. 

"I know! but I want everything to be perfect. I want Seulgi to be proud of me. I want to make sure that her eyes will just  focus on me" 

"You know what Irene, even if you do nothing, I know Seulgi will never ever look to another woman at that night coz she already has you with her", I said while chuckling. 

I can assure her coz I know since Seulgi is always telling Lisa about her crush on Irene. Yes, she has a huge crush on Irene but I don't know why she hasn't making any move to get Irene or to court her. Seulgi is very vocal when it's just us but when Irene is around, she suddenly became mute. While Lisa, being a supportive friend, she always talks to Seulgi and giving her advice on how she can start courting Irene but Seulgi I can say is a very big coward that I know. Lisa and I both know that Irene also likes Seulgi but of course we don't want to meddle. We want them to confess on their own. 

Irene and I are walking to the cafeteria now to follow Lisa, Momo, and Seulgi for lunch when suddenly a tall guy stop in front of me that made me shocked. 

He looked straight into my eyes with a serious face. I looked at Irene and asked her if she knows something about this using my eyes but she just shrugged her shoulders and pout her lips. Since I didn't get any answer to Irene, I just look at the man in front of me and I was confused coz he's now smiling at me. He gave me one long-stemmed red rose before he dashed out of my sight. I was so confused about what's happening but I shrugged it off and I just cling to Irene's arm and pull her to the cafeteria. But when we reached the fountain near the faculty room, which is also on the way to where we're going, another student stopped in front of me and gave me another long-stemmed rose. I admit that whoever did this makes my heart thump really fast right now. Who could it be? I was lost with my thoughts of who's behind all of this while walking with Irene. After a few more steps, another student gave me another rose. This time I managed to ask the student who gave me this and before she disappears I asked. 

"Ahm.. By any chance, do you know who's behind all of this?" I asked lifting the roses in my hand up. 

The girl smiled at me and nodded and my smile grew wider when she responded. 

"Could you tell me who?" I asked. 

"Go over there," she said pointing somewhere. 

I looked at where she's pointing at and see that she's pointing towards the science lab. I knitted my brows and turn to look at her again. I gave her a questionable look and she just nods at me and instruct me to enter the place. I pulled Irene to be with me but the student stopped us. 

"You should go alone, Jennie" both Irene and I looked at her. 

Wow! How does she know my name? Irene lets go of my hand and push me towards the science laboratory and mouthed me 'go' while giggling. I shook my head and continue walking.

My heart beats faster and faster as I step closer to the room. After three more steps, I was already in front of it. It is very quiet inside like no signs of life at all. Gosh! This is really nerve-wracking and I'm so nervous as ! I composed myself first then I swallowed a lump in my throat and my heart went wild when I hold the doorknob to the point that I can almost hear every beat of it. I can't help but think who's waiting for me inside. Is it someone who likes me? A girl? A boy? Is it Lisa? Maybe she's just power-tripping me? Gosh! I swear if this is one of her tricks to annoy me, I will definitely kick her ! I swear! But there is only one thing to find out who. 

I twist the knob and slowly push the door to open. I peak my head first before I slowly walk inside. I roamed my eyes around and there I saw a man standing near the cabinet where the laboratory apparatuses were placed. So it's a man and not Lisa. I am facing his back so I am not sure who he is but he looks really familiar to me. He has broad shoulders and jet black hair. 

"E.. excuse me?" I stuttered as I was asking for the man's attention. 

The man turns around and I can no longer wait to see who he is. My eyes were fixed to him and I heave a deep sigh to ease my nervousness until finally the man was revealed. 

"Tae?" I cannot believe that it is him who's doing all of this effort. 

I actually didn't expect it to be him. Well, we've been so close lately, of course, Lisa didn't know about it coz I know she'll freak out, but we were texting each other, we sometimes talk when we have free time, but he never shows any signs that he likes me. All I am thinking is that he's just being kind to me coz he wants to make it up to me for bullying me when we were a child. That he just wants to be friends with me and that's all.  

"Hi!" he waved his right hand and gave me a huge smile showing off his beautiful white teeth. 

I cannot help but smile as well. I look at him from head to toe and I cannot deny the fact that he's really handsome in his smart casual attire. He's wearing his fall get up look with a brown leather jacket and a gray crew sweatshirt inside matching with his blue jeans and Thursday boots. He looks very dashing and I know every woman will break their necks when they see him. 

He walks towards me without breaking his eye contact with me. His smile never fades as well as the thumping inside my chest. After a few more steps and he's already in front of me and I couldn't help but stare at his eyes down to his nose and to his lips. He did the same without saying anything and I suddenly felt conscious on how I look. I was just wearing our school uniform without wearing any makeup on. He took another step which makes our body an inch closer to each other. He smells really nice. I was really nervous but thank God I managed to say something. 

"So, it was you?" I asked and he just nods happily. 

"Why?" I asked out of curiosity. 

I just want to know why coz I don't want to assume. Maybe it's just part of him being friendly to me. 

"Why not?" He asked moving his head closer to me. 

I move one step backward to distance myself from him.

"It's just that... I just want to.. to.. to know why you're doing this all of a sudden?" Gosh! this is so embarrassing! Why am I even stuttering? 

He didn't answer right away instead he just stared at me and took another step forward. He leaned closer to my face to the point that I can now feel his hot breath brushing along my face. I planned to take another step back but I stop when I felt that I was at the dead-end already. That I already reached the wall. Taehyung stretched his arms towards the wall and locked me in between his arms. 

"Didn't I tell you that I like you, Jenjen? Didn't I tell you that I like you more than just a friend?" he bluntly said that made the butterflies in my stomach went wild. 

I was speechless. He's very vocal. He's very brave. He said those words without even stuttering. Gosh! is this is even true that the kid who actually bullied me in grade school is now confessing in front of me? I can't believe this. I can't believe that someone likes me other than Lisa. Well more than how Lisa likes me. He likes me more than just a friend. 

I didn't realize that I was just staring at him not until he broke the silence and speak. 

"Aren't you gonna say something? By any chance, do you like me back, Jenjen?" he asked.

I don't know what to say but I was surprised when I nod my head. Do I like him? Yes! I think I like him? I think I did. 

His smile grew wider that he almost lost his eyes and he moved closer to me. 

"So, is that a yes?" he asked straight into my eyes. 

I swallowed the lump in my throat. It felt like I can't even say a word and just let my body answer for him so, for the second time I nod. 

My eyes grew wider when he suddenly kissed my cheeks and shouted, "YES!" then he gets back to me and hugged me. But it's not long enough when he pulled out from the hug and leaned closer and closer. Our lips we're almost an inch apart to each other and when it's about to touch I turn my head on the left, so his lips just landed on my right cheek. He looked surprised by what I did. Well, me as well but I think I am not yet ready yet this. Thankfully, he wasn't offended and just nod his head. 

"I'll wait till you're ready," he said. 

I looked at his eyes and smiled. 

"Thank you" then we hugged each other.  

---

I cannot believe this. I cannot believe that Taehyung and I are now a thing and only Irene knows. I still couldn't believe that I am not single anymore. 

Irene and I are now near the cafeteria while Taehyung already went to his next class. I know Lisa and the two are still there waiting for us. Good thing we still have time to take our lunch.

"So, how would you tell it to Lisa?" Irene said breaking my train of thoughts. 

I looked at her and I honestly don't know what to say. Gosh! How did I forget about Lisa? I am sure she will be upset but what can I do? I already said yes to Taehyung. I just hope she'll understand. Besides, she also didn't tell me about her and Rosie in advance so, we're quits. 

"I don't know. I will just wait for the perfect timing to tell her. I hope she understands. No, she needs to understand" I said with conviction and Irene just nod her head while pouting her lips. 

"Where have you been? Lunch is almost over you know? And look at this mac and cheese, it's all soggy now!" Lisa nagged. 

I sat beside her, "I'm sorry. We just have to discuss something to our groupmates regarding our project" I lied and Lisa stared at me with her furrowed brows.

I wet my lips coz it felt dry all of sudden because I am feeling nervous hiding all these things to her. Irene and I throw knowing looks to each other before we focused ourselves on our food. 

"What's this?" Lisa asked holding the flowers beside me. 

! Why is it here? Why didn't I hide it inside my bag? Lisa looks very serious, she's intensely eyeing me and she's waiting for me to answer.

"T--That? Ahm.. That.. That is.. ahm---" I wasn't able to finish my sentence when Irene butted in and cuts me off. 

"That's mine! I'm sorry I let Jennie carry it for me" she said snatching the flowers from Lisa's hand. 

I can see how Seulgi's eyes widened when she heard Irene claiming the flowers. Geez! I am so sorry Seulgi but that wasn't Irene's, that's mine but I can't tell.

Gosh! That was close! And my tongue for stuttering. I looked at Lisa and she's still seriously staring at me. I forced to smile at her to ease the tension and I turn my gaze to Irene giving her an apologetic look coz I felt guilty that she had to lie for me. 

"Who gave you that?" Seulgi asked angrily.

"Just a random student" Irene managed to respond. 

Thank God I'm with Irene coz I swear I don't know what to do or what to answer to Lisa's question. Truly, she's my savior but I hope that it won't complicate her relationship in the making with Seulgi. 

I continue eating my mac and cheese that Lisa bought for me when I felt that Lisa is still staring at me seriously.  I can tell coz I can see her on my peripheral sight. I bet she's not believing our alibi regarding the flowers. I took all my courage and I turn to look at her and act like normal. 

"What?!" I asked making myself sound annoyed with her for staring like I did something seriously bad.

"Nah. Finish your food," she said while shaking her head. 

----

I watched Lisa as she bid her goodbye to Rosie and kissed her forehead before she went back to the car. We're now heading home and Lisa will be staying at my house for tonight coz Jisoo needs Lisa's help on statistics. I was watching Lisa walking back here when my phone vibrated and received a message from Taehyung. 

I quickly open the message and read it.

Tae: Text me when you're home. Take care. Love you, Babe!

I smiled after reading his message. When I was about to reply, I was shocked when Lisa opened the door of the driver's seat. I quickly hid my phone inside my bag and decided to just reply to Taehyung later when we're home. Lisa stared at me for a couple of seconds before she settles herself to the driver seat. She kept on glancing at me while I kept on avoiding her stares. I don't want to look at her eyes coz I couldn't lie when I was looking at those big brown orbs. That's why I just chose not to look at her. 

After a few minutes of driving and we're home. I took my things at the back seat and I hurriedly open the door to leave but I was startled when Lisa hold my left arm right before I made it outside. 

"What is it?" she suddenly uttered.

"Huh? What?" I answered. 

My heart started to beat faster when she squinted her eyes and moved closer to me. What is she asking me? I don't get it? Don't tell me she already knew about me and Taehyung? No. that's impossible. Taehyung, Irene, and I are the only person who knew about it. I shook my head lightly to remove the furious face of Lisa inside my head before I turn to face her.

"You're hiding something from me. I know you, Jennie. Now, spill!" she said. 

I turn around and face her only to see her without any expression on her face. Should I tell her? But I know she'll be mad. But if I lie and she learns about my relationship with Taehyung on the campus, she will also be mad. So all I have to do is to choose. Is it to be honest by telling her the truth or to lie by hiding the true score between me and Taehyung. 

Well, I guess I don't have any other choice. Either way, I know she will be mad if I tell her that Taehyung and I are now a thing. But I have to do this and accept whatever her reaction would be. I sat properly on the shotgun seat, I face her, I heave a deep sigh and swallow the lump in my throat before I tell Lisa about my very new relationship. 

I took Lisa's hand and press it lightly before I said, 

 

"Lisa. I'm dating Taehyung"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------

War