XVIII The Breakup

C R A S H

Lisa's P.O.V.

I felt my phone vibrated inside my pocket. I took it but I didn't bother to check who's calling.

"Hello, L-Lis?"

I furrowed my brows when I heard the voice of the person calling me. I know it's Jennie. I looked at my phone and I am not wrong that it is indeed her. I excused myself to Rosie first before I speak to her. I remained in my seat while I was talking to her while Rosie is in front of me looking confused with what is happening.

"Hello, Jen? Why do you call?" I asked.

"Li-Lisa" she said. Her voice was stuttering that made me furrowed my brows even more. Is she crying? I asked myself before hearing small sobs coming from her. What the heck happened to her? 

"Hey what happened?" I asked. I made my voice really calm to soothe her.

"Lisa I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you but can you pick me up? I tried calling Jisoo and Uncle Josh but they're not picking up" she said in between her sobs. 

I looked at my watch to check on time and it's still early to go home. I bet the program hasn't ended yet so I wonder what happened, then suddenly the rain started to pour and thunders are roaring like crazy. I panicked coz I know how scared Jennie is with thunder. 

"Where are you? I'll pick you up!" I asked.

"Outside the hall. Lisa I'm scared.." she's crying. 

"Okay. Stay calm I'll be there in a few" I answered then I stood up. I'm worried sick about her. I'll make sure I'll beat Taehyung's if something bad happens to Jennie.

I was about to leave when a hand stopped me. I looked at the hand holding my wrist and saw Rosie. ! I almost forget that she's with me.

"Where are you going?" she asked, confusion is very evident on her face.

"I'll just pick Jennie back there" I answered.

"But I thought she's with Taehyung?"

"That's what I also thought, but as you can see they're not together" I answered.

I saw how she furrowed her brows. I sat down and held her hands.

"I'll be quick. I'll just send her home then I'll come back" I uttered looking straight into her eyes.

"Is it really necessary to be you? Why don't she just take a cab?" she asked.

"Rosie, you know she can't. She can't get ahold of Jisoo and Uncle Josh that's why she called me. Aside from the two, I am the only one she trusts" I told her without breaking our eye contact.

"But what about me? You'll leave me here? alone? Lisa, it's my birthday and it's our anniversary!" she's now being sulky about the situation.

I was shocked and frozen when I realize that it's eleventh of the month. It is her birthday and our anniversary. Gosh! How come I forget about it? How can I leave her now? What should I do? Should I stay here and dumped Jennie or should I leave my girlfriend on her birthday? Gosh this is so hard but I know she'll understand.

"I know but she needs me babe. I promise I'll be quick. I promise" I said while pressing her hand very gently.

She didn't talk and not even looking at me. I know she's mad but Jennie needs me. I know Rosie will understand. I'll just make it up to her when I come back.

I stood up and I moved closer to Rosie before I bid my goodbye. 

"Just wait for me here. I'll be quick I promise" I said then I kissed the top of her head. Before I totally exited the place I glance at my girlfriend once more but she's just staring at the glass of champagne on the table. I don't want to leave her but I can't let Jennie alone. I know she's crying now and she's really scared. 
 

I run as fast as I could. I am soaking wet now due to the heavy rain but I don't mind. I searched for Jennie around the hall and I saw her sitting on the corner hugging her knees and she looks very scared. I wrapped my arms around her and she looked at me. She throw herself to me and hugged me really tight and burst out into crying. I caressed her back and let her cry her heart out. 

After a few seconds she calm down.

"What happened? Where's Taehyung" I asked.

She didn't speak and she just look down. 

So, I cupped her cheeks and I made her look at me.

"Nini, tell me what happened? I promise I wouldn't be mad" I assured her. 

She looked at me and waited a few seconds before she speak.

"Taehyung tried to kiss me but I refused and he got mad" she said while fidgeting her fingers. 

I clenched my jaw but I forced myself to hide it from her coz I promised her that I wouldn't be mad. 

"Then he leave me" the tears are forming again on the corner of her eyes. 

"I tried looking for him until I found him in the comfort room.. having se.. se.. with another woman" she burst out again into crying. She put her palm on her face and sob. 

That moron! I swear I'm gonna break his neck when I saw him. I pulled Jennie towards my chest and let her release everything out. 

"Sssshhhhh... It's okay. He don't deserve your tears and you don't deserve an like him" I said while caressing her back and kissing her forehead. 

I let her cry until her tears went dry then I decided to bring her home. She fell asleep on the way to their house so I decided to just bring her up and let her sleep.

I carry her on a bridal style and bring her to her room. I didn't change her clothes coz I don't want to disturbed her sleep. She needs it coz I know she's tired. I kneel in front of her and stared at her face. I furrowed my brows when I saw her bloodshot eyes due to too much crying. I swear will make Taehyung pay for this. I swear. 

I stood up and was about to leave when Jennie hold my hand. 

"Please don't leave me Lis. I need you" she said holding my hand really tight.

"I won't leave you I promise" 

I kissed her forehead and I lay beside her. I will just wait for her to sleep then I will go back to Rosie.

-----

I opened my eyes and saw Jennie hugging my torso as she's sleeping soundly beside me. I smiled seeing how peaceful she is on her sleep then I took my phone on the bedside table and I went in panic when I saw that it's now 6 in the morning. ! I fell asleep. I move fast but very careful coz I don't want to wake Jennie up. When I successfully out of Jennie's room, I went straight to Rosie's condo. You're dumb to fall asleep and forget about your girlfriend Lisa. 

I drive as fast as I can and after a few minutes I already reached Rosie's condo. I am inside the elevator now thinking about what am I going to say when the elevator door swung open. I walked towards her unit but I didn't expected what I saw. I saw Jin walking out from Rosie's unit and Rosie was behind him. I furrowed my brows and stopped from walking then I watch them interact with each other. Rosie smiled at him and my step brother did the same. But I didn't expect what happened next. Jin leaned closer and kissed Rosie and Rosie didn't even flinch but did otherwise. She kissed him back. 

I was burning in anger as I closed my fist and gritted my teeth. I couldn't properly breath and my eyes are becoming blurry because of the tears escaping my eyes. I watched them do it in front of me until I can no longer take it. 

"YOU SON OF A !!" I shouted that made them startled. 

I saw how shocked their faces are. Cheaters!

They pulled away from each other and I run towards Jin and throw a heavy punch on his face that made him stumble on the ground. 

"Oh my God!" Rosie exclaimed putting her hand on after she saw how Jin's nose bleed. 

I straddle on top of Jin and throw a lot of punches on him. 

"I WILL ING KILL YOU, I SWEAR!" I shouted. 

"Lisa please stop" Rosie cried. 

"WHAT DO YOU WANT HUH? YOU REALLY WANT EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE? ISN'T IT ENOUGH THAT YOU RUINED MY LIFE? THAT YOU HAVE MY DAD'S ATTENTION? NOW ROSIE? YOU WANT TO TAKE HER AWAY FROM ME?" I shouted gripping on the collar of his shirt. 

He shook his head. 

"I a..am n-not taking her a..away from you. Y-you're the one who's pu-pushing her away!" he said while catching his breath. 

"AND WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME THAT? YOU'RE NOTHING! YOU HERE ME? YOU'RE NOTHING!" I barked. 

"You don't deserve her" he smirked. 

I clenched my jaw and throw another hard punches on his face. His really pushing me to my limits. I already told him to stay away from Rosie but he refused so he deserve this.

I punch him until he can no longer open his eyes.

"Lisa that's enough. STOP! STOP!" Rosie pulled me so hard taking me away from Jin. 

She's crying but only anger is all I can see from her face. She went to Jin and checked him then she pulled out her phone and called an ambulance.

"Didn't I tell you to stay away from him? Why is he here? Why do you kiss him back? Is something happen between you two? Are you having an affair with him?" I asked as tears are now dripping down my cheeks like her. 

"How dare you think of me that way?" she replied with a furrowed brows. 

"WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO THINK? HE'S HERE WITH YOU ALL NIGHT AND YOU KISSED HIM! WHY IS HE HERE ROSIE? WHY?" I grabbed my hair out of frustration.

"COZ HE'S HERE AND YOU'RE NOT! COZ YOU DUMPED ME AGAIN LAST NIGHT BECAUSE OF JENNIE! COZ YOU LEFT ME DURING MY BIRTHDAY AND OUR ANNIVERSARY! AND YOU NEVER CAME BACK LIS!" she shouted back wiping the tears on her eyes using the back of her palm. 

I was speechless. I know that was terrible but I didn't mean to do that. I just happened that I fell asleep. 

"I don't want this anymore Lis" she added. 

I furrowed my brows and my mouth went agape with what I've heard. Is she breaking up with me?

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"I'm tired. I thought I can, but I can't. I'm tired of being you're second priority, Lis. You always choose Jennie over me but I tried to understand because she's your bestfriend and you've been with her for eight years. For eight in' years and what am I compared to that? I love you but I can no longer do this. I think we need a break"

I shook my head after hearing everything then I walk towards her and kneel in front of her. 

"No.. no.. no Rosie.. please" I said holding her right hand and putting it on my lips. 

"I'm sorry, I promise it will never happen again" 

She shook her head and pulled her hand away from me and she stood up. 

"No Lis. Let's end it now. I don't want to hear anymore promises from you. I already gave you a lot of time to prove to me that I can be your priority but unfortunately it really wasn't me" she turn around but I hug her. 

"No please Rosie" I hugged her tight and I sob on her back. 

She turn around and face me. She cupped my cheeks and she made me look at her.

"I'm sorry"

Then she leave together with the medics who just came in. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------

Broken.. Ayan marupok na sila pareho...