II After 8 Years

C R A S H

Jennie' P.O.V

 

It's been 8 years since my parents died. I am still very sad that Mom and Dad are now gone but thanks to Uncle Josh, Jisoo and Lisa because they are really helping me a lot to cope up easily. Uncle Josh and Jisoo are now living on our mansion because I have no one with me here. If you are wondering about Jisoo's mom, she died when she gave birth to Jisoo so she treated my Mom as her own and we treat each other like siblings for real. For the meantime, Uncle Josh took over our company because I'm still too young for it. But according to my Dad's last will and testament, I am the sole heir of the Kim's Corp. and once I reach the legal age I can take over the company. But I don't have any interest on it. I want to be a model once I grew up. Maybe I'll just ask Jisoo to manage the company for me since she's the one who's more interested in business than me. On the other hand, Lisa and I became closer. She always visits me after her school. I learned that we used to study in the same school but I stopped going to school and started home schooling. It is because I was traumatized by what happened. It's hard for me to ride a car coz everytime I ride one, the memories from the accident came crashing trough my head, that's why Uncle Josh decided to pull me out of school and just do home schooling instead, as what my psychologist advised. Once a week we went to a psychologist for my therapy. While every weekends Lisa spend the night at our mansion to play and watch movies. Lisa loves cars so much and she said she wants to be a formula 1 racer someday. We watched a lot of F1 racing live telecast on tv and we witnessed a lot of accidents during the race and that brings back the memory from the accident so I ended up sleeping while Lisa is continuously watching the race. That's the time I realized I still can't watch that kind of things especially car accidents. I told her that there are a lot which she can do like being an engineer, architect, or doctor but she refused. She said she only wants to do that. I told her I won't be there to watch her coz that's very dangerous and I cannot afford to see her hurt. But I told her I will support her if that's what she really wants but I made it clear to her that  she can't force me to watch her race. She accepted it. She said it's fine with her and she understands. She even said that it's enough that she knows that I am supporting her from home. 

 


Time goes by and we became closer and closer as we grew up. She became close too with Uncle Josh and Jisoo. They like her and they said that she's a good influence for me. Because she's also helping me to cope up from my trauma. 

 


"No Lisa! I can't! You know I can't!" I said with full of irritation to my voice. It's been days since she started pestering me about going to school with her to meet Rosie, her long time crush. Going to school means riding a car, so, it's a no.

 

 

"I'll be careful I promise! I'll drive slow, just please Nini come with me" her eyes were pleading but still I am not convince. I stood up from my bed and I went to the kitchen to grab some drink. Lisa followed me and we saw Uncle Josh and Jisoo getting ready to eat breakfast. 

 


"Morning Jendeuk, morning Lisa! Good thing you're both awake now coz I was about to call you upstairs for breakfast" Jisoo exclaimed.  

 


I walked towards Jisoo and Uncle to kiss their cheeks. "Morning Jisoo, morning Uncle"

 


"Good morning. Why is my princess frowning this early in the morning. You two are fighting again?" Uncle Josh ask after sipping his coffee. 

 


Jisoo looked at me then back at Lisa then back at me. Giving me a 'what is happening look' 

 

"No Uncle we're not fighting. I'm just asking Jennie if she can come with me to school to meet Rosie" Lisa explained. 

 

Uncle Josh and Jisoo didn't speak. They just look at me waiting for me to talk. They also know who Rosie is. They know her because Lisa is very open to us when it comes to Rosie. 

 

"Why me? Why don't you just asked Seulgi or Momo to come with you?" I said trying to reach  the milk but before I reach for it, Lisa is already pouring some of it on my glass. She also put bread hotdogs, and egg on my plate. Even though I'm constantly refusing her she still manage to take care of me.

 

"You know I can't ask them. They will just embarass me in front of her" she said. 

 

I stare at her and she looks very sad. I want to say yes but I'm scared so, it's still a no. 

 

"Nini please.. please please please?" she begged pouting her lips. 

 

The three of them just look at me hoping that I will say yes but.. 

 

"No! I can't and that's final!"

 


Lisa's shoulders dropped after hearing what I said, she smiled weakly and nod her head. Her eyes were dull and she looks very sad. 

 


She stood up, "I understand. I better go now. I'll just fixed my things upstairs. See you next weekend" she said bidding her goodbye to me, Jisoo, and Uncle. 

 

I felt a little sting in my chest seeing her like this. She's been nothing but being a good friend to me and this is the first favor she ask me in our 8 years of friendship. She's always there for me when I need her, just one call away and she'll surely come. She never let me down and she always supports me and this is what she gets from me in return? Geez! Okay fine! 

 


"Lisa!" I called her. 

 

She didn't look back so I called her again. "LISA!" 

 

She turned to face me, "Hmm?" 

 


I heave a deep sigh, "FINE. I'll go with you!" 

 


And in an instant her mood changed and her lips lifted up to a smile showing off her perfect white teeth. I glance at Uncle Josh and Jisoo and I see how shocked they are that finally, after 8 long years, I agreed to ride a car again.

 


On the other hand, Lisa runs back to me and she hugged me tight. She even lifted me up and turn around while carrying me. She kissed my cheeks, my forehead, my nose, simultaneously while wearing her winning smile. Uncle Josh and Jisoo just watch us also smiling from ear to ear.

 


"Don't be too happy coz I have one condition" I said before I sat down on my chair to continue my breakfast. 

 


Lisa sat down as well and she looked at me and ask, "What condition?" 

 


"You'll buy me the Chanel sweater I saw online"

 


"Deal!" she answered then we continue eating our breakfast. 

 

--------

 

It's been years since the last time I ride a car and now she wants me to ride one and be with her as her chaperone. She said she can't do it alone coz she's shy. I continuously refused coz I'm scared but she's too stubborn and she really begged me and guess what, she won. She made me ride a car again after 8 years of being scared with it. Jisoo and Uncle Josh was very worried about me but Lisa promised them that she will be careful and she'll drive slowly, so they agreed. 

 


When she opened the door for me, I stopped. I think I want to back out now and run back to my room but I know Lisa will get mad at me. I heave a deep sigh and I was just staring at the black leather seat of her car until I felt a hand holding mine. She pressed it softly, I looked at her and she gave me an assuring smile, and because I trust her so much and I know she will protect me at all cost, I agreed. I ride her car and her smile grew wider and she kissed my cheeks. "That's my girl!" she said before she run to the driver's seat.

 


Since then everything changed. I can now ride a car again without panicking. But I only ride if it's Jisoo, Uncle Josh, and Lisa who's driving. It is because they are the only people I trust. 

-------


Jisoo's P.O.V.

 


I am standing here at the doorway watching Lisa and Jennie. They are standing in front of Lisa's car and I can see on Jennie's face that she's hesitating to ride the car but Lisa grabbed her hand assuring her that it will be alright. I admit I am still worried about her but I trust Lisa, I know she will never let anything happen to her.

 

I can still remember when Jennie had to stop going to school because she stopped talking to anyone even me or Dad and she's always having a panick attack everytime we let her ride a car, so we didn't push her, instead, we convince her to visit a psychologist and we're glad that she didn't object. The psychologist said she's experiencing an acute trauma cause by the accident wherein the memories of the accident came in like a flash when it is triggered and in Jennie's case it was triggered whenever she rides a car. Jennie's appointment with her psychologist is thrice a week, every after home school. Everyday after school, I made sure to pay her a visit coz she's now living alone in their mansion then I tried my best talking to her everytime, about school, about my teachers, crushes, and about my disappointments only to get a nod from her. During nighttime, I can hear her cry and shouts her Mom and Dad's name. My heart was broken seeing her like this. Jennie used to be my happy pill, she's very talkative, sweet, y at times, easy to be with, and kind but everything changed after the incident. That's why I convinced my Dad to live with her so I can look after her. Besides, we're the only family she has left. 

 


When Lisa came into Jennie's life, everything has changed. She played a huge part on Jennie's  recovery.  Lisa started visiting our house, especially when my Dad decided to enrol Jennie on a home school program. She visits Jennie everyday and she even asked us if she can sleep over during weekends so she can play with her. 
And because we can see that Lisa's intentions were true, me and my dad allowed her. She always try her best to make her talk and smile eventhough Jennie is not even paying attention to her. She didn't lose hope and she once told me that she will never give up on her and that one day, we will be seeing my cousin's beautiful smile again and I can say that she didn't failed us. It took her a year before she can finally make her talk. I could not forget the time when Jennie burst out into laughter while Lisa is acting like a monkey in front of her. She even utter the word 'monkey' which made me gasped coz it's been the first time after a year that I heard my cousin talked. A tear escaped my eyes after witnessing it. I cannot thank Lisa enough for making Jennie laugh and talk again. 

 

 

Now is another chapter in Jennie's life and once again Lisa is making a huge step to help Jennie in overcoming her fear and by making her ride a car again. We've been convincing Jennie to try but she always refused. She tried, but she always end up crying and shouting so we stopped. That's why I'm having second thoughts about this idea but I cannot let Jennie in prison herself inside this mansion. I want her to see the beauty outside, I want her to go back to school and make some friends, and I want her to experience love, I want her to see the world and what the world can offer. I hope Lisa will succeed just like the first time she made Jennie talk. 

 


Breathing heavily, I watched as Jennie leaned forward to ride on the shotgun seat. I even counted 1 to 5 coz Jennie started to panick after 5. I closed my eyes and started counting. 

 

1

 

2

 

3

 

4

 

5

 

I opened my eyes and I see Jennie who's calmly sitting at Lisa's car. Once again a tear escaped my eyes when I saw a not panicking Jennie inside the car. I swipe the tears in my eyes when a hand tapped my shoulder. I saw my Dad smiling towards me. I smiled back and looked at Lisa and Jennie's direction once again. Lisa is now looking at me, smiling like she won a lottery. I nod and mouthed her 'thank you'. I know this will be a new beginning for my cousin's life. Thanks to you Lisa.

 

 

 

--- 

 

How was it so far? 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JISOO!!!!