Reconciliation

C R A S H

Lisa's POV

 

"I'm sorry Lis, but she really doesn't want to see you yet," Jisoo told me after she went out of Jennie's room. 

It's been three days since that rooftop scenario happened and until now she's still not allowing me to see her. I keep coming back here but it's either she's not here or she doesn't want to talk to me. 

But I know her enough to say that she's just really trying to avoid me. I hurt her and couldn't blame her. 

I nodded my head at Jisoo and she just tapped my shoulders. 

"Just give her time" she weakly smiled and I did the same. 

I decided to leave for now but I will surely be back. I will never stop until she gave me a chance to talk to her. Before I leave I took a glance at her room door before I heave a deep sigh. 

The next day I went to Jennie's house again but she's leaving with Kai. I clenched my jaw and I felt my grip on the steering wheel tightened when I saw her smiling towards him while he's assisting her to ride the shotgun seat. He was holding her at the small of her back and I swear I want to break those arms of him away from her. 

I already told Jennie not to see him but here she is going out with him and with that, I felt so irritated. 

Their car started to move and I followed them. I kept my distance so they won't notice my car coz I know Jennie will be mad at me when she knew I was tailing them and I don't want that to happen. 

I'm doing this coz I just want to make sure that she's safe. 

Their car stopped in a restaurant and Kai took Jennie's hand assisting her to exit the car. He put Jennie's hand on his arm as they walked towards the entrance. 

My blood boils while watching them talking happily while eating the meal they ordered. Jennie seems to enjoy their conversation because she was showing him her gummy smile. I felt a pang in my chest seeing her happy talking to somebody that is not me. 

She's not supposed to be smiling that way coz her gummy smile just belongs to me. I told myself. 

But my other conscience is saying otherwise. 

She was never yours you fool!

Yes, Jennie was never mine so I don't have the right to stop her from seeing someone. But I also cannot ignore this feeling inside of me. The irritation I felt whenever their skin touches and the anger I felt whenever she's showing her gummy smile to him. The feeling of wanting Jennie's attention on me. I always want her beside me and I swear I already missed her presence. 

During the times that she's been avoiding me, I reflected. I think over my actions and feelings and then I realized something. I realized that I've been fooling myself since then when I courted Rosie. I thought I like her that's why I courted her but I realized I just did that coz I want to hurt Jin. I remembered I heard Jin told his friend over the phone that he likes Rosie and he's planning to court her, and because I wanted him to be miserable I courted Rosie first that made Jin back off. He gave way to me and never courted Rosie. I thought I love her but I realized I did not. I just like her and not love. I just love the thought of getting even with Jin. Back then I thought Jin took everything away from me that's why it's just fair to take Rosie away from him. I made myself believe I love her but I failed to show her the love that she deserves. She loved me more than anything else but all I did was to hurt her by choosing Jennie over her over and over again. When we broke up I was hurt, not because I love her but because Jin successfully took her away from me. That Jin now has everything that I used to have. And that angers me so much. I don't want him to be happy while I am being miserable. That's why when they came back and I saw them happy I got mad again. Not because I was jealous that he's getting married to Rosie now but because I don't want to see him happy. I was jealous that everything works together in his favor while I am miserable and sad. 

I was blinded by anger to the point that I shut off everyone who cares for me. I hurt my dad, my brother, Rosie, and especially I hurt Jennie. Because of anger I never saw Jennie's worth. I never saw that I am starting to fall for her. During those times that she's not around me, I realized I could never live without her in my life. That I want her more than anything else. That I like her more than just my best friend and I want to tell her that but she's not giving me the chance to do so coz she's been avoiding me and now she's trying to date this Kai which makes me crazy and mad. They consistently seeing each other and all I can do is to follow her and watch as she was having a good time with him.

And here I am again, sitting in the corner watching my girl happily conversing with that guy but I couldn't do something to take her away coz I don't have the right since I let her go because I am nothing but a damn mad idiot. 

I am trying to control my jealousy but I failed when Kai started to lean forward towards her. I know what he's doing. He's thinking of kissing her but I would never gonna let that happen. 

I walked towards them in haste and I took Jennie's wrist. I saw that they both got startled and was stunned for a moment. 

I pulled Jennie to the exit but she fought. 

"What do you think you're doing? Let go of my hand!" she shouted and trying to pull her hand away from my grip but she's too weak compared to me so she didn't succeed. 

"Hey man you heard her, let go of her!" Kai showed up. 

He glared at me but I just ignored him. 

"We're going home" I turned my gaze on Jennie and trying to pull her inside my car. 

"I said let me go!" She shouted again and this time she managed to pull out. 

She glared at me. 

"I don't want to go with you don't you get it? I'm tired of this drama Lis. I get it now. You don't like me the way I like you and I understand that. I am trying to move on from you so please stop doing this. Stop acting like you like me the same way coz I know you don't and you will never love me the way you love her. Stop making me believe that we can be more than best friends coz you already made it clear to me that we can't be something like that. So, please stop playing with my heart, Lis. Please stop hurting me."

She was crying while she was letting her heart speak up. I was frozen and couldn't move and when I am about to defend myself she's gone. She rides Kai's car and they drove away. 

I felt frustrated and let it all out by kicking the wheel of my car. 

You're too idiot Lisa! Why didn't you speak up!

I was scolding myself when my phone vibrated. I took my phone in my pocket and saw Mr. Evan 's name on it reminding me of the practice match we have now. 

I want to ditch the practice and follow Jennie but I couldn't for this one coz this one will be live telecast.

So, I drove my way to the practice. I came early and Mr. Evans was so happy seeing me there on time coz I've been a pain in the on the last few practices that we have. 

He let me rest on the bleacher inside our station while they're preparing my car. After an hour and the practice race started. 

They called us to line up as the press taking photos of the championship contenders before the practice race begins.

They told us to smile a bit but I can't find the motivation to do so coz I am still thinking about Jennie. 

The race started and I wasn't paying attention on Coach Evans that was talking to me on through my headphone. I bet he noticed that and said, 

"Focus on the track Lisa. We wouldn't want to mess this up. Treat this practice like the champioship"

I heard him but I still can't find sway to focus. My mind was occupied by her and the last things she told me. That's why I didn't noticed that I stepped on the gas and speed up instead of taking it slow because it was a curve side. 

I heard Mr. Evans shouting, "Let go of the gas Lisa! It's a curve slow down, slow down!" 

I came back to reality and my eyes widen to see that I am almost on the corner. I tried to oversteer the steering wheel to take a drift but it was too late for me to do so and my car crashed on the corner making my car roll like a piece of can in the race track. 

I  keep my eyes open and see everything went upside down and shaking until the car stops from rolling. Then I saw Mr. Evans along with my other teammates running towards my car but I cannot move my body to get myself out from it. I felt numb and my eyes felt heavy and suddenly everything went black. 

----

I opened my eyes and was blinded by the light of the flourescent. I slowly blink my eyes to adjust on it. 

"Uncle she's awake. I'll call the doctor" 

I saw Mr. Evans and Seulgi, along with my Dad walking towards my bed. What are doing here in my room. I asked myself  before I realized that it wasn't actually my room. 

Where am I?

"You're in the hospital, Lis" my father said as if he heard me asking that question. 

Hospital? 

Oh yeah, I remember now. I got into an accident during the practice. I looked at myself to check how bad I look when I realized that my hand has a cast, I had a neck brace and my body is aching like hell. 

I looked over their shoulders hoping that Jennie was also here but she's not then my dad suddenly speaks. 

"How are you feeling?" 

"Hell" I answered and I saw the worried expression on his face. 

"Don't worry the doctor will be here any minute now"

I nodded my head and after a few seconds and the doctor came in. 

"What are you feeling?" he asked. 

"My body hurts" 

The doctor bob his head and started to explain about my injuries. 

"The impact of the crash was a bit strong that's why you fractured your arm and your body was bruised but don't worry coz you have no serious injury and no internal hemorrhages. For now avoid moving your fractured arm and don't force yourself too much to prevent further injury" he explained. 

I bob my head and asked, "Usually, how long will it take to be healed?"

The doctor fixed his specs first before answering my question. 

"Usually, it takes 6-8 weeks but since you're lucky and it's not that serious, I guess a month is enough for your arm to get back to normal" 

A month? Well, that's just enough coz the championship is in two months. I still have time to heal. 

I nodded my head and the doctor asked if we have anymore questions, and when there were none, he already left. 

 

"You'll be fine kid," Mr. Evans told me once the doctor left giving me an encouraging tap on my shoulder. 

I smiled at him weakly and stated, "I'm sorry" 

I apologized to him coz I felt like I owe him one since I haven't been focusing on the race lately. I've been pre-occupied with a lot of things happening in my life now. 

But being an understanding coach, Mr. Evans smiled at me and just bob his head.

"That's fine. I know you're going through a lot. Don't stress yourself too much about it and focus on your fast recovery. You have a race to win. You owe me this one coz you've been a pain in the these past few weeks" he said before he chuckled and winked at me. 

 

"I will. I'll make it up to you" I replied while nodding my head. 

 

After that, Mr. Evans bid his goodbye to us coz he said he needs to check on my car first. He tags along Seulgi and Momo with him.

 

My Dad also needs to leave because he received a call coming from her secretary that one of our investors arrived just now and was looking for his presence. My Dad hesitated to leave me alone but I told him I can manage and will just let myself sleep while they're gone and thankfully he agreed. So, now I am all alone in this hospital room. 

 

I checked on my phone if there are any messages coming from Jennie but there's none. I am also wondering if she already knew what happened to me. Well, I am not expecting her to come here running and showing some concern about me just because I got into an accident, but a part of me is hoping that she comes to take care of me and comfort me. I missed her so much, I missed how we cuddle, and I missed our small talks. 

 

Actually, I want to text her and tell her to come here coz I need her but I have no right to be demanding. So, I just heave a defeated sigh and forget about texting her. I just opened the tv to ease my boredom. 

 

When the television opened, the accident that happened on the practice game was all over the news and my face was being flashed on the screen. Gosh! That was so embarrassing! 

 

I felt frustrated so I decided to just turn off the tv and take a nap instead when suddenly the door opened. I tried to look on the side without turning my head but it was really hard for me because of this neck brace so I just waited for the visitor to come in. 

 

My eyes went wide when I saw who visited me. I didn't expect her to be here. It was Rosie. She smiled when she reached my bed. 

 

"Hi" she sweetly greeted me. 

 

"Hey" I replied. 

 

For a minute, the surroundings went silent and it was very awkward for the two of us. We were just looking at each other unsure of what we're gonna say until she broke the silence.

 

"How are you?"

 

"In pain. But was tolerable" 

 

She nodded her head. 

 

"I came here as soon as I heard the news from from your Dad" 

 

I smiled. 

 

"Thank you" I replied.

 

"I and Jin are so worried about you" she awkwardly stated. 

 

I don't know what to respond so instead of saying something I just nod my head. 

 

Jeez! This is very awkward. I should do something. I should talk to her now and apologize for everything.

 

I was about to open my mouth but was taken aback when she spoke. 

 

"I'm sorry if I'm getting married to him" she said without looking into my eyes. 

 

Her head was bowed down and I don't get it why she's apologizing for marrying my brother. She doesn't have to apologize for loving someone who truly loves her, she deserves to be loved. 

 

I forced myself to sit down by pushing my body using my other hand without a cast and I looked at her. I tapped the space beside me asking her to sit down near me which she did. 

 

I reached for her face and made her looked at me. 

 

"Do you love him?" I asked. 

 

She nodded. 

 

"Does he makes you happy?"

 

Another nod. 

 

I smiled and said, "Then don't be sorry. You deserve to be love, Rosie. It is me who should apologize to you coz I wasn't able to give you the love that you deserved" 

 

I said those words sincerely. It was just right that she chose my brother over me.

 

She shook her head and looked straight into my eyes.

 

"Don't say that. You made me so happy when we were still together it's just that it's... its..." she couldn't complete the sentence so I completed it for her. 

 

"It's not enough," I said and she nodded. 

 

"I already know back then that you were in love with Jennie, not me and you're just too afraid to admit your true feelings for her. You know, action speaks louder than words. You may not be aware but you always choose her, you always take care of her, and you always prioritize her more than anyone else, more than me. But because I loved you so much back then, I let myself believe that you are just like that because she's your best friend but as time goes by, you only proved to me that she will always be your number one, Lis. That I can never replace her in your life and no one can compete to her in there" she said pointing out to my heart. 

 

I was dumbfounded from her confession. I was speechless so she continued.

 

"But I was so stubborn to fight for you even though I know that I wouldn't win against her. That night at prom, when you left me to be with her, that was time I accepted my defeat. I got tired of hoping, I got tired of making myself believe that one day you will be choosing me over her but I guess that will never gonna happen. That's why even though it hurts me, even though it kills me, I decided to broke up with you and to let you go. I am saying this to you now Lis not to put the blame on you, but to help you realize how much you love Jennie. It is her that truly makes you happy and I hope you already realize that by now. Also, I want to clear everything between me and Jin. I know you were thinking that we cheated on you but we're not. He found me crying when you left me that night and he offered to bring me home. He slept in my condo coz I never let him go home because the rain was too strong and it wasn't safe to drive anymore. But I just want to make things clear that nothing happened to us that night, and that kiss... I wasn't expecting that he would kiss me. But I admit I was wrong when I kissed him back. I shouldn't have done that. After that incident, we never talked to each other again. I decided to study in Australia and I don't have any contact with him until one day we met again in a business seminar in Australia. He was one of the delegates from his University in the US and that's when our story begins"

 

I felt more guilty after everything that she said. I never knew I was so insensitive back then. I never think about her feelings but seeing her now, I bet Jin made her so happy. The way her eyes smile every time he talks about Jin says it all and I am very happy for her. Genuinely happy for her.

 

"I'm sorry Rosie" I muttered holding her hands and pressing that lightly. 

 

She pressed my hand back sending me the signal she's all better now. 

 

"It's okay. I am just so happy that I make all things clear to you and that we're good now" she stated. 

 

We both looked at each other before we both chuckled then we hug. We hugged each other tight and I realized that I also miss her. 

 

It was very nice talking to her and I was so happy. It felt like I have been free from a heavy load inside my chest and I can now breathe properly. Everything is working just fine now except for two things. Jennie and Jin. I have to make it up to them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


--- 
Sorry for some grammatical errors. I wasn't able to proofread it anymore. We're almost at the finale.