XIX Alcohol

C R A S H

I went back home after Rosie broke up with me. I've been crying since earlier and it almost drains me and took all the energy in my body. I can still feel the pain in my chest and it hurts so bad. Also, my mind is flying and can't stop thinking how did she do this to me. 

"What have you done again Lalisa?!" My dad shouted the moment I entered my foot on our house. 

I just ignored him and continue to walk back into my room. I didn't answer coz I already know that he will only lecture me about what I did to Jin and I am not in the mood listen to it. 

I passed by him and when I am about to set my foot on the first step of the stairs, my Dad hold my shoulder and stopped me. 

"Don't you ever turn your back at me especially when I'm talking to you!" he sternly said.

Without any hesitation, I faced him while I am just looking blankly at him. 

"What's happening to you? Do you really want to kill your brother? Is that what you want huh?" he shouted but I just look at him without saying anything.

"Why are you like this? Why Lisa? Why?" 

Still, I didn't bother to talk. 

Out of frustration he grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me hard. 

"Are you doing this to your brother because of me? Answer me!? Answer me!" he said with gritted teeth while pulling me hard almost making me choke. 

I hold his hand and take it off of me. 

"Yes! It's all because of you! I am like this because of you two! You ruined my life! You ruined my mom's life! And now even Rosie, he took Rosie away from me! She's all I got and they cheated on me just like what you did to mom! I hate you! And I hate being part of this family!" I burst out.

I turn around and walked out of our house then I saw Jennie standing outside the door. Her eyes we're still bloodshot like mine and she's staring at me. I can read the worried expression on her face so look away. I don't want her to pity me.

"Lis.." she called but I never look back instead I pulled her by the wrist and made her sit on the shotgun seat of my car.

I fixed the her seat belt to make sure she's safe before I secured mine then I look at her and asked, "Will you go with me?"

Without any hesitation she nodded her head and forced a weak smile on her face. 

-----

After 2 long hour drive, we already reached the beach house I owned. It was my mom's actually, but she left this property to me when she died. This is where I always go whenever I need to breathe and when I'm missing her. This place always reminds me how happy I am when I was a kid because we once gathered here as a whole family. 

I look at my side and saw Jennie sleeping. I smiled because she's here with me now and this is the first time she will be seeing this place. This is my safe haven and I haven't bring anyone here yet not even Rosie. Jennie is the first one. I tapped Jennie's cheek to wake her up and she slowly open her eyes adjusting to the bright sunlight. She blinked her eyes thrice before she roamed her eyes around. 

"Where are we?" she asked. 

"By the beach" 

I saw how her lips curve up showing me her gummy smile after she heard where we are right now and I swear her gummy smile never failed to make me smile as well. She hastily move out from the car and run towards the beach like a little child. I smile as I watch her approaching the water, giggling whenever the waves hit her feet. 

I stood up not so far away from her while I was watching her enjoying herself. It's good to see her this happy. At least she was not thinking about what happened to her and Taehyung last night. 

She look at me and smiled. 

"Come here, join me! This is so much fun!" she said waving her hand asking me to come. 

"I'm fine" I replied while shaking my head but because she's too stubborn, she walks toward me and grabbed both of my hands and pulled me to the shore. 

"Come on! Stop being a KJ! This is my first time again on a beach after 8 in' years Lis, join me!" she whined still pulling me to the water.

"Fine" I took off my shoes and socks.

We walk, run, and play along the beach and it felt so good. It's like we're back to being kids, just being carefree, no worries, no problems, and just being happy. I hope we never grew up. I wish we can always be this happy. 

I watch Jennie as she is running along the seashore laughing really hard. The wind was blowing her hair making it messy and the sun that's hitting her skin makes her look more beautiful. She even look prettier when ever she's smiling from ear to ear and I admit that my heart was overwhelmed seeing how happy she is. 

"What are you looking at? Come on and catch me" she said sticking her tongue out to tease me.

I run after her. I run as fast as I could to catch her and after a few more steps I was able to get her. I hugged her by the waist and lift her up then I spin our bodies around until we fall off the ground. We were laughing and panting hard while we were lying on the sand. We were both looking at the sky wearing smiles on our faces until someone called me. 

"Lisa?" 

I quickly stood up to check who is it and I wasn't wrong to see that it's Choi my caretaker. Jennie followed me and stood beside me.

"Hi Choi!" I greeted giving him a high five. 

"I knew it. The moment I saw you're back I knew it was you!" his smiling from ear to ear while turning gazes from me to Jennie. 

"And she must be Jennie?" 

Jennie's eyes widened when she heard Choi asked. I look at Jennie and smile. I have told Choi a lot about Jennie whenever I get to visit this place. I told him he's my bestfriend and show him some pictures of us that's why she knew her. I also told him that one day I'll bring Jennie here and here she is now. 

Jennie furrowed her brows but she smiled then turned her gaze to Choi and asked, "You know me?"

Choi bob his head. "Lisa told me lots of things about you"

Jennie smirked and squint her eyes on me before she turned her gaze to Choi again. 

"I hope she told you good things about me" 

"Well, mostly about her being wh-----" I didn't let him finish and I cover by hand and pushed him back to the house. Jennie followed us.

"You know what Choi, I am hungry. You better cook good food for us" I widened my eyes to warn him coz he's being so talkative already and he nods. 

"Yeah, I better go ahead and cook. Nice to meet you Jennie" he said then he wave his goodbye to her before he went to the kitchen.

"Nice to meet you too, Choi" 

Jennie glared at me and I just shrugged her off and plump my body on the sofa. 

------

After we ate lunch, Jennie and I drift off to sleep and I woke up feeling the cool breeze touching my skin. I opened my eyes and saw Jennie sleeping like a baby beside me. I smiled and I tucked the loose strands of hair that's blocking her face into her ears then I stared at her face. After appreciating the beauty beside me, I stood up from the bed and went to the veranda and my mouth went agape when the beautiful sunset welcomed me. Jennie needs to see this. So, I went back inside and I slowly sat beside her. I tapped her cheeks trying to wake her up. 

"Nini, wake up. You have to see this" 

She groaned first before she slowly opened her beautiful cat eyes and look at me blankly. I took her hands and pull her to the veranda.

"Hmmmm Lisa, what do you want?" she asked in her hoarse voice while scratching her right eye. 

"Look" I said without looking at her and fixing my eyes on the beautiful pastel color on the sky. 

"Wow!" she said under her breath. 

I looked at her and her jaw dropped while she was looking at it. The sun was about to set and it makes a mixture of pink and lavender sky. We both watched it while feeling the cool breeze against our skin. We stayed their standing until the sun finally sets and the surroundings started to get dark. 

"That was so beautiful" she exclaimed. 

"I agree" 

"Thank you for bringing me here, Lis" she said and I was startled when she suddenly hug my torso and buried her head on my chest. 

---

Jennie's P.O.V.

I searched for Lisa after I took a shower and followed her to the shore where she said she will be setting up the bonfire. I hurriedly went outside and saw that everything was set and she's sitting in front of the fire, facing the beach. She's sitting on the sand and I help myself and sat beside her. She look at me and smiled while holding a can of beer on her hand. She asked me to have some and I didn't hesitate and took the can from her hand and drink. 

"Ahhhh" I exclaimed when I felt how the beer run in my throat. 

Lisa smirked and took another beer for her in the ice bucket.

I took some glances at her and I realized how sad she looks. She hasn't told me yet about what happened to her and Rosie. Accidentally, I heard her earlier when she said to her dad that they already broke up. I suddenly felt guilty coz upon seeing Lisa right now I know she's hurt, badly hurt. 

"Stop staring at me" she muttered.

"I'm sorry" I said. 

She look at me and she forcefully smile. 

"How are you?" she asked. 

"Coping up. I'm sorry I didn't listen to you" I look at the can of beer in my hand. 

I'm still not okay about what happened to me and Taehyung. I was hurt because it felt like he didn't love me at all and all he wants is to get in my pants like what Lisa said and when he didn't get what he wants from me, he looks for another woman who can do it for him. I cried so hard but I realized he doesn't deserve my tears. He's an , a , and I hate it coz I let myself fall from his trap. 

I look at Lisa and watch her as she drink from the can first before she speaks. 

"He's an " she said which I agree and bob my head. 

"He is" then we look at each other at the same time and we both smile. 

I took another sip from the can hoping I can get some courage to ask her about what happened back in their house. After a few sips, I guess the alcohol is now giving me the courage that I need. I look at Lisa and talked. 

"How about you? How are you?" 

She stared at me for a few seconds and I thought she doesn't want to talk about it coz she's not saying anything. I have decided to let it pass for now and stop asking her coz maybe she's not ready to tell it to me yet until she spoke.  

"You heard it right. Rosie and I broke up" she confessed looking straight onto the sea. 

I look at her and I clearly see that tears are now forming in the corner of her eyes. 

"I'm sorry. Is it because of me?" I asked. 

She looked at me with furrowed brows. 

"I know Lis. I know you've been fighting because of me" my tears betrayed me as it flows on my cheeks. 

She shook her head, "No. Don't blame yourself. You have nothing to do with it" 

"I heard her, the first time you fight because of me, when she told you to stay away from me, I'm there Lis. I heard everything and I'm sorry that because of me you-- you--" I can no longer take it and I begin to sob.

She pulled me against her chest and she hugged me. 

"Sssh... it's not your fault, Jen" she said caressing my back to soothe me like she always used to do. 

I know I owe her a lot coz she did everything for me but I didn't listen to her. She's always choosing me even over Rosie, but what I did is to push her away, telling her I don't need her help or her protection. I don't deserve her but she never let go of me. 

I cried so hard against her chest and I can feel that her shirt is now soaking from my tears. 

"It is. It is Lis and I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't listen to you. I'm sorry that I hurt you. I'm sorry that you broke up because of me. I'm so sorry. You don't have to choose me all the time, Lis. Go to her. Fix it" 

She pulled out from the hug and she cupped my cheeks making me look at her but I fought it. I don't want to look at her coz I don't know how to face her after everything.

"Sssssshhhh. Look at me Jen, look at me" 

I looked at her.

"It's not your fault. She cheated on me.. with... with my brother. And I want you to listen to me,  I will never regret choosing you more than anyone else" she said. 

Our eyes met and I never expected the next thing to happen. 

Lisa pulled me closer and our lips collided. Her lips was so soft and it's claiming mine but I am not fighting it. And here it goes again, my heart beats really fast to the point that I can hear almost every beat of it. I hate this feeling but I don't want her to stop. I don't know why I let her kiss me when in fact I never even let Taehyung, my boyfriend, do it to me. I don't know why she's doing this but maybe because of the influence of alcohol and I also blame it on the alcohol that I let Lisa dominate me, finding myself enjoying the sensation she's giving me. She continued kissing me and not long enough when my lips responded to it and kissed her back. She captured my lower lip in between her teeth asking for an entrance and I let her come in and explore within me. She , and a moan escaped in my mouth. Lisa lowered down her hand from my cheeks to my waist and she made me straddle on her lap. I s my hands on her nape then I gripped on her hair and pulled her for a deeper kiss. I don't know but it felt like my body is doing it by itself. We kissed passionately and only pulling out to breathe until I felt her cold hands caressing my bare stomach and she started kissing from my lips down to my jaw and to my neck. I can feel her on my skin leaving a mark on it. She was about to unclasp my bra when suddenly I realized what we are doing. 

I stopped kissing her and I stood up from her lap and her eyes widened, maybe realizing what happened. Gosh! What are you thinking Jennie? You almost did it, with your BESTFRIEND! I told myself.

I was panting really hard, I am standing in front of her and our eyes were locked. I swallowed the lump in my throat and heave a deep sigh. 

Lisa stood up and she took one step forward towards me but I took one step backward. 

"I'm s-sorry Nini. I'm sorry" she tried to reach for my arm but I quickly run back inside the house.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------

The beginning....