XXVIII

C R A S H

Jennie's POV 

"She's back, Jen," she said while giving me a white envelope.

"Jin and Rośe, they're back and they're having an engagement party," she added while handing me an invitation. I can see the sorrow in her eyes. I can see that she's still hurt. Seeing her like this makes me hurt as well.

I looked at the envelope she's giving me before I look at her. I took the envelope from her and I swallowed the lump in my throat before I decided to open. I received one like this yesterday but I didn't bother to take a look at it.

I silently read what was written.

 

Please join us for an Engagement Party in honor of Roseanne Park & Jin Manoban 

 

So, this is the reason why she's doing this again? Her first love is back and is getting married to her brother. Now it made sense why she's drowning herself in alcohol these past few days. Up until now, she's still hurt.

An engagement party huh, I told myself. 

I looked at Lisa and her expression turned blank.

"So? I thought you've moved on?" I asked raising one of my eyebrows on her.

"I am!" she proudly said but I know she's lying. That's how deep I know her. Every single expression of her face, I know the meaning.

"Are you going?" I asked.

"No"

"Why not?"

"I just don't want to"

I rolled my eyes on her.

"Come on! It's been years Lis!"

Her brows done the same thing and I know she's starting to get annoyed with me. I myself don't want to see Rośe, because I'm still mad at her for hurting my best friend but I know this is the only thing that can help Lisa to forget about her. Maybe, if she sees that Rośe is happy with Jin, she will let her go for real and let herself be happy again.

"Why should I? I don't want to see their faces" she muttered. 

I smirked and just rolled my eyes on her. 

"You don't want to because you're still jealous?" I mocked.

"No I am not Jennie Kim!" she fired back.

I shrugged my shoulders and pouted my lips. I am still not convinced and she knows that.

"Fine. I'll go! I'll prove to you that I've moved on"

 

After debating whether to go or not, I won. I didn't know that Rosie and Jin continued their relationship because after graduating high school I don't have any news regarding them. All I know is that they both studied abroad and now they're back for an engagement party. 

I know Lisa was shocked too with this news and I can see that she's still hurt. All this time I thought she already moved on but seeing her acting this way shows otherwise. I don't want to see her in pain but I believe that accepting the fact that Rosie and Jin are getting married can help her to move on for real. She needs it. She needs to know that she and Rosie were over. 

----

After we ate breakfast, I told Lisa that we will be meeting Seulgi coz they've been looking for her for a couple of days now. So, I texted Seulgi and she said they're in the cafeteria now.

Lisa and I went to the cafeteria and I immediately saw her sitting in the right corner of the shop. She waved her hands as soon as we stepped inside.

"Finally Manoban! Where were you?" Seulgi asked.

Lisa didn't but just smiled and sat down across our friend.

Seulgi already ordered drinks for us.

"Thanks," I said after the waiter served as the hot chocolates.  

"Have you heard the news?" Seulgi stated. 

"Which news? That global warming is getting worst?" Lisa said and laughed at her own joke.

We both glared at her nonsense joke so she started to become more serious.

"Okay. What news?" she asked.

"That she's back? Rośe? and she's---" Seulgi said.

"Getting engage with my stepbrother? Of course, I already knew about it. They even sent me an invitation to their engagement party. The audacity! haha" she sarcastically laughs.

"Are you going?" Seulgi asked her again.

"I am" Lisa replied and I saw how shocked Seulgi is. 

I know she too is worried about Lisa.

"Are you sure?" she added.

"Yeah. I mean, why not? She's my ex and he's my stepbrother. Where are my manners if I didn't come, right?" Seulgi nodded her head. 

I can see the hesitation written on her face and I know Lisa also noticed that. 

"Don't worry I won't make a scene" Lisa muttered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------

A short update for now, coz I'll be busy since it's Sunday. But I'll try to update tomorrow. Still thank you for those who support this FF. Please let me hear what you think..