Interview

C R A S H

Jennie's P.O.V

"By any chance, Jendeuk, do you like Lisa?

Jisoo, out of nowhere asked me if I like Lisa and I don't understand why I suddenly felt nervous in that one simple question coming from my cousin. I don't know how to answer coz I am now confused about my feelings for her. Do I like her? Yes, I did because she's my best friend but the question is, are we really nothing but best friends? 

"Answer me in whole honesty, Jennie. You know you can't hide anything from me. I know you more than you know yourself" she confidently said.

I bit my lower lip unsure if is it right to tell her now about my feelings for Lisa. I looked straight into her eyes and she did the same. She never speaks instead she waited for me to open up. Okay fine, I guess I should tell her now. 

"Y--yes?" I shyly responded. 

She closed her eyes and inhale deeply. I don't know if she's disappointed in me or what coz she actually looks like it now.

"Does she know?" she asked. 

I shook my head and I saw how she sighed deeply and became quiet.

"Are you disappointed in me?" I asked. 

I know I'm the biggest idiot to fall for my best friend whom I don't have any idea if she already moved on from her ex. I know how much she loves Rosie and how devastated she is when they broke up and that incident hurts her badly.

"I am not. I don't know but I somehow sensed it," she replied. I leaned on the countertops while waiting for her to continue. 

I completely understand because I know how much we changed our treatment to each other after the kiss on the beach. We've been very sweet back then, we're inseparable to the point that everyone from the university thinks that we're together. And Jisoo saw how much I cried in the airport after Lisa's departure. I didn't tell Lisa about me crying over her back then but I did so many times even in my room coz I missed her and I longed for her presence. Jisoo witnessed everything but she hasn't said anything about it. 

I looked at Jisoo and she seemed bothered so I asked, "I know there's something in your mind, spill" 

She looked at me and she looks unsure if she's gonna tell me or not. I bob my head as a signal that she can tell me anything and I wouldn't be mad. 

"It's just that, you sounded so unsure" she confessed. 

"Coz I am" I answered. 

"But why?"

"I don't know? A lot of things are running on my mind, Chu"

I looked down and I started fidgeting my fingers when Jisoo walked towards me. She lifted my chin up and made me look at her. 

"Tell me, Jen. You can tell me everything. I won't judge you" then she smiled. 

That simple gesture somewhat eases the burden I am feeling inside me. 

"I'm afraid, Chu. What if she doesn't feel the same way? What if this feeling of mine will ruin us if I confess? What if she still in love with her? What if we get hurt? I have a lot of what-ifs Chu and I hate it!"

The tears started to fall down my cheeks and Jisoo is quick enough to wipe those tears away. She pulled me for a hug and I cried on her shoulders. 

"I understand, just let it out," Jisoo said while caressing my back to soothe me.

Not long enough and I calmed down. I pulled out from the hug and looked at her. 

"I'm sorry" I uttered. 

"You don't have to say sorry. I understand, Jen. I really do. I just don't want to assume that's why I asked and I want it to know directly to you. I just noticed how you differently stare at each other now. Well, I already noticed you guys before but I shrugged it off and made myself believe that the way you acted too sweet, clingy, and lovey-dovey is just normal because you two are best friends but it all changed when I saw how much you cried at the airport when Lisa left and how much you cried every night coz you missed her. Do you also know that your happiness is on another level whenever you are talking to her through skype? And the kiss in the garden before she left... that I told myself that you guys are more than just friends."

My eyes widened when I heard her say the kiss in the garden. Lisa and I shared a kiss in the garden a day before she left for Mexico. I was crying that night and she kissed me to comfort me, to tell me she will be back. I didn't know Jisoo saw that coz as far as I remember, they are not there that time but apparently, I'm wrong. I felt my face heated and went up to my cheeks. I am speechless.

"Jen, I have nothing against you falling in love with Lisa because she's a good person and she loves you more than anyone else but, I also don't want you to get hurt, Jendeuk. I am not saying that Lisa will gonna hurt you, what I am saying is don't fall too hard. You guys should assess your feelings first toward each other. You have to make things clear between what really it is that you two have. It has to be clear Jen, no gray areas. If Lisa also likes you then it's good, but please don't be too selfless, okay? Think of yourself too."

She pulled me for a hug and caressed my back. Tears still running down on my cheeks but Jisoo pulled out from the hug and started wiping off the tears. 

"Fix yourself and let's go there now. They're already waiting for us" she said holding the tray of the tea set on her hands. 

 

----------------

Lisa's POV

I woke up due to the blinding light that's hitting my eyes and it's so bright. I also feel a heavy thing on my chest and when I opened my eyes I saw Jennie and she's hugging my torso. Her head is resting on my chest while her right leg is on top of mine. 

I stayed the night here at Jennie's house because she insisted. She said it's too late for me to go home and it is not safe to drive late night coz I might fall asleep. I never argue since she's right coz I am so exhausted from a thirteen hours flight from Mexico to Korea. And thank God I listened coz I had a goodnight sleep. 

I rubbed my eyes and took the opportunity to stare at her face and appreciate the beauty in front of me. I missed this, I miss her. I missed waking up in the morning with her beside me. 

I was about to stand up when she tightened the hug and slowly opened her eyes. A smile crept into her plump lips and greeted me, "Good morning poo poo" 

She kissed my cheeks and I leaned forward to return the favor. 

"Good morning, my mandu"  and her smile went wider. 

She loosens up the hug as she sat up on her bed. I smiled while watching her rubbing her feline eyes with disheveled hair and fluffy mandu cheeks. 

"Why are you up so early?" she asked.

"I have an interview at 8 so I have to wake up early to prepare" 

She nods her head and fixed her hair into a messy bun before she moved towards me and held my wrist. She stood up then she started pulling me towards the door. 

"Where are we going?" I confusedly asked. 

"Let's eat breakfast together before you leave" 

 

 

I am on the way now to KBS and guess what, I am with Jennie. I asked her if she can accompany me since I don't know anyone from there. Luckily, her scheduled photoshoot is just near the studio and will start by 10 AM so she agreed. I am driving her car since mine was in my condo. I turned the radio on and we sing along with Dua Lipa's new song.

While driving, I smiled when I noticed that nothing has changed in this place since I left but the smile fades when we passed by the company owned by my father. I looked at the place and it suddenly came to my mind if they still know me or if he even cares about me? Does he know I'm back? Does my father even care?

I was lost from my train of thoughts when I suddenly felt a hand on my thigh caressing it lightly. I looked at the hand first before I looked at the owner of it. Jennie's smiling at me and that simple smile brings comfort in me. Why would I be thinking about them if she's here with me? Her presence alone is more than enough for me. 

Few minutes passed and we reached the studio. Jennie's arm was clinging onto mine and I noticed that everyone's eyes were on us but I just shrugged it off. My interview will be on studio 15 and when we reached the place, everybody including the director of the show greeted us. They briefed me for some questions and told me that the interview will start at exactly 8 AM. I told Jennie to sit down near the director's seat so she could relax while I am thinking about the answers I would give later on and while they're doing my makeup and she happily agreed. As time passes by, I am starting to get nervous and I looked at Jennie from time to time on the vanity mirror and she keeps on reminding me to just enjoy. She even mouthed me good luck and hwaiting. Thank god she's here with me coz her very presence helps my to calm down. 

Fifteen minutes before the show starts, Yuna, the host came in and she went directly on where I am. She greeted me and I was startled when she suddenly kissed my cheeks. She said she's a huge fan and she watched the last race. She's been very clingy while she's blabbering some words but thank god the director already signaled us that we were about to start now. the director called Yuna and she told her to position herself on the couch coz the show will start in two minutes. When the crew told me that I will be called next, I was so nervous and automatically looked for Jennie. I found her sitting beside the director but she looks like a mad kitten ready to scratch. When I look at the direction she's looking, I saw that she's sending daggers to Yuna and I don't know why, but when she turned her head to look at me, her face soften. She smiled and even gave me a flying kiss.

Cute!

 

"Our guest for today scoot that first big result in the history of Formula 1, a contender for the upcoming F1 championship, the winner of the last F1 qualifying race held in Mexico City, let's all welcome Lisa Manoban!" 

Everyone clapped and seemed so excited when I joined the show and appeared from backstage. Yuna took my hand and kissed my cheeks for the second time. I swear this girl loves to kiss. 

I looked at the crowd and smiled at them before I took my seat. 

"And the crowd goes wild!" Yuna stated, making the crowd cheer louder. 

I swear this crowd is wild. 

When Yuna lifted her hands up the crowd silenced. 

"First of all, thank you so much for being with us this morning. As you can see everybody is so excited to see you here, right guys?" she looked at the crowd and they started shouting my name again.

"I love you Lisa!"

"Marry me Lisa!"

"Date me Lisa, you're so hot!"

Those are just some words that these people are shouting and I can't help but chuckle at their reactions. I am not used to this kind of attention and I'm starting to get shy. 

"Thank you guys" is all I can say. 

"Ommo, Lisa is blushing. She's so cute!" Yuna giggles like a high school student. 

I looked down trying to hide my blushing face and I flinched when Yuna put her hand on my lap and started caressing it trying to comfort me. I looked at her and smiled in return. 

"Okay guys that's enough, you're making my guest shy," she said to the people and they automatically behaved. 

I lifted my head up and looked at her then she started to speak again.

"But I just want to say this and I've been waiting to say this since earlier, you sure are so hot Lisa!" she blurted out and winked right after. 

Geez! Did I really saw her winked? Is she flirting with me in live broadcast? 

I pull myself together and tried to ignore what I saw and just said, "Thanks"

-----

 

 

Jennie's POV

The crowd went wild when Lisa showed up. Boys and girls are started shouting and giggling on their seats but I cannot blame them because Lisa is truly admirable and hot.

Lisa looked down trying to hide her blushing cheeks which is actually her habit when she's shy and I bet Yuna noticed it that's why she started pacifying the crowd.

I smiled while watching Lisa's reaction, she's really cute but my brows furrowed when I saw Yuna caressing Lisa's thigh. Lisa was caught off guard and I believe that she didn't expect the sudden action from the host. I swear I want to break Yuna's neck for doing that. I even saw her winking at her. I composed myself coz I don't want to climb in there and shove her hands away from Lisa. I will just embarrass Lisa if I do that in the middle of an interview. Besides, I am not Lisa's girlfriend for me to act that way. So, I just continued to watch them trying to erase the memory of her touching my Lili.

Yuna asked a lot of questions regarding her experiences living in Mexico and winning the race and Lisa answered all of those confidently. I can see how happy she is while she's telling us her stories. I am happy coz she is happy. I love seeing the joy in her eyes in doing what she loves though I am still worried about her safety. I am afraid that she might hurt herself or she might be caught in an accident while performing the race but I trust her, I know she will be careful because that's what she promised me, that she will take care of herself, and I know Lisa never breaks her promises.

The interview continues and Lisa looks more comfortable now with the cameras and the crowd that's non-stop cheering for her.

"Thank you so much for sharing to us your experiences but before I let you go I still have one last question left here," Yuna said.

Lisa seemed shocked. Maybe the questions that Yuna will be asking are not on what they briefed earlier but she managed to nod and smile.

Everybody including me waited for the question and not long enough when Yuna dropped it.

"I'm sure everybody is interested in what I am going to ask you now, well, I myself is interested in it too..." she paused and smiled while we all waited for the question to unfold.

I looked at Lisa and she looks tensed because she has been rubbing her palms on her knees.

Yuna stared at Lisa and she smiled. I don't have any idea what's happening and I am starting to get anxious as well.

Hurry now and drop that damn question.

"You and supermodel Jennie Kim was caught in the airport arriving together yesterday and netizens posted some of your pictures together, complimenting how good you are for each other, but my question is... are you guys in a relationship?"

The crowd turned their gaze on me. Some are smiling, some are giggling, and some are sending daggers on me, but I didn't mind them as the question keeps ringing on my head.

Are you guys in a relationship?

Are you guys in a relationship?

Are you guys in a relationship?

I'm sure she wasn't expecting that question and she was caught off guard but I am too. I felt my face heated up but thank goodness because it's a bit dark to where I am now. I placed my hand on my chest to where my heart is because it never stops beating so fast. Lisa kept silent for a moment and her silence made me feel more anxious.

Like them, I also want to know what is this that we have. Are we in a relationship? Are we together? What are we, Lisa?

I looked at Lisa and my heart beats faster when I saw her looking at my direction too. Our eyes met and she smiled at me before she looked back at Yuna.

"We're not..." she answered.

I froze after hearing her answer. I suddenly felt weak and I felt a tear escaped from my eyes. Did she just turn me down? So, all this time everything was just nothing for her? I was hurt when I shouldn't be. Maybe I expected too much from her. I made myself believe that somehow we also feel the same way but it only proves that we're not and I hate it. I hate this feeling and I hate myself for loving my best friend even though I know to myself that she can't love me back. I want to run away now and leave this place coz I am so embarrassed. I turn around to leave but when I'm about to move my feet she continued.

"Yet... but she's very special to me" Lisa continued.

And right then and there my tears fell like rain after hearing what she said. She said that I am special. That what we have is something very special and that's enough for me but I still can't stop crying even if I want to coz I am very happy.

I put my hand on my palm trying to hide for crying and to stop myself from sobbing when suddenly warmth embraced me and a familiar scent of mint perfume tickles my nose. I know this is Lisa. I didn't notice that the interview has ended because I am very busy crying my out here because of her statement. She made me face her and I automatically throw myself to her. I hugged her torso so tight and I buried my face on her chest still sobbing like a baby while she chuckles and hugged me too.

"Why are you crying?" she asked caressing my back.

I don't know how to answer her so I remained in that position, still hugging her while trying to hide my tomato face on her chest. But she's too stubborn trying to lift my chin up to make eye contact but I fought her. I don't want to look at her coz I am so shy right now and I don't have any explanations on why I am crying.

"Awww... what a cute couple we have here"

We were both startled so I pulled out from the hug and lower my head. I managed to wipe the tears from my eyes before I faced her.

She's smiling as she approached us.

"I didn't know you're here Ms. Kim. I almost flirted with Lisa you know? I didn't know she has someone special. I'm sorry," she said.

Now you know so back off if you don't want to be bald!

I forced to give her a smile. I still want to strangle her neck for flirting with Lisa earlier but I felt Lisa's hand at the small of my back trying to tame me. And like a flash, I felt relaxed with her touch.

"Yeah, she's with me right before we start" Lisa answered for me.

"I see. You guys look so cute together" she said before she waved her goodbye.

"Finally" I mumbled after seeing Yuna walking away from us.

"So, can you tell me now why you're crying?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------

Nini was caught off guard! How

How are you guys?