Love Me

C R A S H

Jennie's POV

 

"Thank you so much for today Kai and I'm sorry for Lisa earlier"

 

"That's nothing, Jen. Thank you also for making things clear between the two of us. I appreciate your honesty" he smiled weakly.

 

I nod my head and gave him a comforting smile before we bid each other goodbye. I hugged him  before he left. 

 

Earlier, we had a not so nice interaction with Lisa and I was actually pissed off her. She acts like so possessive all the time and her doing that made me confused.

 

After that night in the rooftop, she keeps coming into my house asking to talk to me but I don't have the strength to face her coz I am still hurting. So, I basically turn my attention to Kai. Well, Kai is great. He's so kind and sweet but whenever I am with him, it is still Lisa that's running into my mind. Then when I saw her again at the restaurant earlier, I realized how much I totally missed her but I don't want to show her. It hurts me to leave her like that but I have to coz if not, I will continuously be hurt because of the fact that she can't reciprocate the feelings I have for her and that really ! To be able to move on, I decided to keep my distance with her.

 

When Kai was out of sight, I walked inside to our house and a panicking Jisoo and worried Uncle Josh welcomed me. 

 

"Oh my God Jennie! Where have you been? I have been calling you a million times but your phone was off!" 

 

I furrowed my brows out of confusion. 

 

"My phone died, why? What's happening?"

 

"Lisa is in the hospital right now. Car accident during her practice race"

 

After hearing Jisoo's news I felt weak. My knees wobble and I almost stumble but luckily Uncle Josh was quick to catch me. All the memories of my past came crashing through my mind. The car accident that killed my parents. I see blood, lots of blood. My chest started to hurt and I am now having trouble breathing and tears starting to fall down my cheeks. 

 

They assisted me to the couch and Jisoo hand me a glass of water to calm me down. 

 

"Breathe Jen, breathe" it was Jisoo caressing my back.

 

After a couple of minutes, I managed to control my emotions and calm myself. 

 

"What hospital? I need to see her. Please bring me there Uncle, please"

 

Uncle Josh nodded and he immediately signaled us to move. 

 

While inside the car, I cannot help but think about her. My anxiety is killing me now and I cannot stop crying. I wanted to see her now. I wanted to make sure she's safe. I may be mad at her but I don't want this to happen to her. I cannot afford to lose her. I don't want to suffer again for losing a person I love. I know what is happening to us these past few days also hurts her and I'm such an idiot for pushing her away from me while she's doing her best to talk to me and fixed our friendship. Yes, she hurts me because she can't love me back but it's not her fault at all. It is mine coz it is I who fall in love with her. I swear if something bad happens to her, I will never ever forgive myself.

 

"She strong, she will be okay" it was Jisoo and she'sitting beside me at the back seat giving me motivating words. words of encouragement since we left the house. 

 

Yes, Lisa is strong and I know she will never let something bad happens to her. She's a fighter and I know she will never leave me coz she promised me and she never breaks promises. 

 

I tried to smile for Jisoo.

 

After a couple of minutes and we reached the hospital. I exited the car in haste and I run as fast as I could to reach the information desk. 

 

"May I know Ms. Manoban's room?" 

 

The nurse looked at me for a couple of seconds as if she wants to ask something but before she could even talk I already cut her off. 

 

"I am Jennie Kim and Lisa is my friend. So, please tell me her room number now" I asked in a most demanding tone. 

 

I saw how the nurse's facial expression changed when she realized who I was. She nods her head and quickly looked on the list.

 

"Room 2309 Ms. Kim" 

 

I nodded my head. 

 

"Thank you!"

 

I went straight to where the elevator is and luckily there was an available. I pushed the second floor and not long enough when it opened. I run to the corridors and looked at every room number carved on the doors. 

 

2304...

2306...

2308...

"2309... Finally!" I told myself. 

 

I stopped in front of the door for a second, trying to catch my breath and to prepare myself to see how bad her condition is. I swear my palms are sweating and my tears are nonstop while my heart beats so fast now. I felt weak but I am trying to be strong coz Lisa needs me. This is the time that I should be strong for her, like how strong she is while I am suffering from my trauma.

 

I breathe in and out before I decided to open the door. The room was a bit dark with only the light from the lamp was illuminating the whole room. I can barely see if there are people inside. I entered silently and walked towards the bed. But when I roamed my eyes around, I see no one. No one is here, not even Lisa. 

 

I furrowed my brows. 

 

"Did I entered the wrong room?" I asked my self. 

 

I was about to go outside when suddenly the bathroom door opened and I saw Lisa in her hospital gown holding her hospital drip stand. She had a neck brace and her one arm had a cast and her face was bruised. I felt a pang in my chest seeing her like this but I cannot deny the fact how happy I am that she can still stand and she's alive. 

"Jen?"

"Lisa?"

We stated at the same time. 

 

I walked towards her and gave her a hug. I made sure I am being careful not to squeeze her arm and neck. I hugged her torso and I buried my face on her chest and cried really hard. I let all my emotions flow and I want her to feel how happy I am that she's safe. 

 

"I'm sorry... I'm s--sorry I came in just now. I didn't know this happened" I said in between sobs. 

 

I felt her hand on my back slightly caressing me like what she always does whenever she's trying to comfort me. 

 

"Sssh... stop crying, I'm okay now. It's nothing serious"

 

I sniff. 

 

 "I was so scared Lis. I thought... I thought you already leave me" 

 

She pulled out from the hug and cup my cheeks using her free hand and she looked straight into my eyes with a smile on her face. I miss this smile of hers. Looking at her beautiful doe eyes now made me realize how much I missed her. 

 

"Why are you thinking that? Didn't I promise you I will never leave you?"

 

She smiled again and she wipes the tears in my eyes using her thumb. I cannot take away my gaze towards her. I was lost in her eyes.

 

We stared at each other and I lifted my hands to trace the scratch on her left cheek. I cannot help but appreciate how beautiful she is despite the bruises and scratches on her face. I continued caressing her face until my thumb reaches her soft plump lips. I run my thumb on her lower lip as I bit mine. I missed her and I badly want to feel those lips against mine once again. Just this once. Just for tonight. I want her to feel how much I love her before I totally let her go and accept the reality that we can't be what I want us to be. 

 

Without thinking about what might happen next, I closed my eyes and I crashed my lips on hers. I felt that I startle her because her body flinched at the sudden contact. I never move my lips and just keep it pressed on her hoping that she kissed me back but she didn't, so, I defeatedly pulled out. 

 

I opened my eyes and I saw her looking at me. I felt a bit embarrassed because of what I did, but I will never regret doing that.

 

"I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking I'm sor--" before I could even complete my words she already cuts me off. 

 

She held my wrist and pulled me against her as she leaned closer and claimed my lips. I was shocked and my eyes went wide coz I never expected her to do this. My heart was beating loudly as if it can jump out of my chest now and the butterflies in my stomach starting to get wild.

 

She moved her lips and not so long when I responded and kissed her back. I lift my hands to her face while she pulled me by the waist to close the small gap between us. It was soft at first until Lisa bit my lower lip asking for an entrance. I opened it for her and she hastily slid her tongue and traveled inside. I felt the heat rushed through my face when a moan escaped my mouth. I can feel how Lisa smirked while we were kissing. 

 

Is she somewhat enjoying this? What is the meaning of this kiss? Is this another no feelings attached kiss? A lot of thoughts are now coming into my mind while we were kissing each other like lovers. We aren't lovers, are we? The last time I check, she just rejected me. 

 

I pulled out and I am not sure if sadness is what I saw from her face. I back away a little away from her. 

 

"What are we doing?" I asked.

 

Lisa just looked at me and she's not saying anything. I felt another pang in my chest coz I knew it. We were just caught in the moment and this is nothing to her. 

 

"We're not supposed to be doing this. We're not lovers and you... you don't love me, right?" I blurted out. 

 

Tears are now forming in the corner of my eyes while emphasizing every word that comes out of my mouth. 

She shakes her head and she takes one step towards me. She cup my cheeks and she made me look at her. 

 

"I love you," she said without blinking her eyes. 

 

And again my heart wants to get out of my chest.

 

"Yes, you love me coz I'm your best friend and you confirmed that to me at the rooftop remember?"

 

And again she shook her head and her face looked pissed now. 

 

"I didn't confirm anything, Jen. It was you who left me there without letting me speak. It was you who assumed that I still love Rosie and it was only you who thinks that I'm still not over her. You never let me explain, Jen. I came to your ing house every day and you were always pushing me away. You even tried to date that Kai. You were always out with him while you can't even give a damn time to talk to me and clear myself. You never give me a chance to say how sorry I am for hurting you! You never gave me a chance to tell you how jealous I am! You never gave me a chance to say I miss you! You never gave me a chance to say I love you!"

 

I was shocked by her sudden outburst and I cannot find the way to respond. I was stunned and speechless. Did she say she loves me? With mouth hang open I was just staring at her and just watch her take another step towards me. Once again she closed the gap between us. She lifted my chin up making me face her. 

 

"Yes, Jen, you heard it right. I love you. I love you not because you are my best friend but because I love you coz you are YOU. I love you more than just a best friend, Jen. I'm sorry if I hurt you and I'm sorry if it takes too long for me to realize how much I love you. Please, Jen, don't get rid of me again coz I am going crazy knowing that you were mad at me. And can you do me a favor?"

 

She stopped for a second and we just stared at each other. I didn't talk and just wait for her to speak up.

 

"Can you love me again?" 

 

My heart jumps out of happiness because of her confession. Is this real? She told me she loves me more than just a best friend and she's asking me to love her again. If this is just a dream, I swear I don't want to wake up anymore. 

 

I blinked my eyes twice and Lisa didn't disappear. So, this isn't a dream after all. I smiled while my tears are flowing down my cheeks and I reached for her face. Without breaking the eyes contact, I tiptoed and smashed my lips onto hers. 

 

The kiss lasted for a couple of seconds before I pulled out. 

 

"Of course, I can still love you, Lalisa Manoban" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------

Waaaaahhhh.. Last two chapters left guys! Thank you for all the readers!