XXXIX Engagement Party

C R A S H

Lisa's POV

 

When I heard the news that they're back and is getting engaged I was shocked, I was mad actually. I didn't know that they still have communication with each other. I felt betrayed and again I felt cheated. I let myself drowned in alcohol for the past few days after that. Jennie and my other friends keep calling me but I didn't bother to answer them, I even ditched my practice to get wasted. My coach Mr. Evans was very pissed because I came to practice drunk once. He nagged at me and told me to just quit if I am not serious in what I am doing, but I told him this is what I want to do and I am just so occupied as of the moment and he understands; so, he said he'll be giving me time to fix myself but the problem is, I don't have any idea how. It's been so long and up until now, I am still hurt. I don't know what to do anymore. 

Then Jennie came, barging in my condo one night while I was drunk. That night I made a very stupid move of asking Jennie to make love with me. I didn't know what I was thinking that night. All I know is I want to forget about everything, I want to forget about Jin and Rosie. I want to forget how pathetic I am. I almost used my best friend and I felt so bad doing that to her. She's the only person who's been there for me. The only person who never gave up and the only one who never leaves me. That night she's willing to give her everything to me, even herself and looking into her eyes I felt how much she loves me and I felt guilty coz I wasn't still sure what is this that I am feeling for her. I know I already love her more than just my best friend but I couldn't deny the fact that I am still hurt that Rosie is getting married to another man and not me. I don't know, I'm confused about my own feelings and it's driving me crazy. I don't want to be unfair to Jennie and I don't want to be in a relationship with her while I'm still not sure about my feelings yet. Jennie deserves more than this. She deserves to be happy and she deserves everything in the world, a person who can give her his all and as of this moment, that person is not me. I am still so broken and I have no more to give.

Actually, I don't have any plans on attending that party coz I'm thinking why would I? I mean my presence there is not important to my family after all. I don't know what they're up to and they sent me an invitation. I bet my stepbrother just wants to brag that he's the one Rosie chose, that he now has everything that I used to have. But I guess this is what I need to move on. 

"So, how do I look?" I asked Jennie after getting myself dressed for my ex-girlfriend and my stepbrother's engagement party.

She walked towards me and smiled. 

"You look great Lis. You always are" 

"Thank you" I smiled and gave her a quick peck on her temple. 

 

---------

"Are you sure about this?" Jennie asked me wearing a worried expression on her face

We are now standing outside my father's house. It's been so long since the last time I've been here. And the moment I step my foot inside our house, a lot of memories came crushing to mind. Good and bad memories of my childhood. 

 

Flashback

I peek at my dad's library and I saw my Mom and Dad talking and there was a child with them. I didn't know who's that child because this is my first time seeing him. Then I heard my Dad said,

"Carol, this is my other son Jin" my dad uttered. 

I was startled and I couldn't believe what I heard then I saw my mom's tears started to fall down on her cheeks as she started to cry in front of them. 

"He's my son with Yeri and I'm sorry if I only introduce him to you just now" 

I  step my foot back while shaking my head. I still can't accept what my Dad said. I watch my dad as he comforts and hugs my mom. My mom is uttering some words that I could no longer understand because she speaks against my father's chest then the last thing I knew was my mother fell on the floor, unconscious. 

My dad was shaking her body but she's not responding to him. 

I run towards my mom trying to wake her up while my Dad is calling for help. 

After a few minutes, the medics arrived. I cried so hard while watching the medics pumping my mom's chest. I waited for her to open her eyes until I heard what the medic says,

"Time of death, 5:08 PM. I'm sorry sir"

I shook my head and I run towards my mom.

"Mom? Wake up now mom. Mom.. Mommy! Mommy wake up!! MOM PLEASE!! THIS IS JUST A JOKE RIGHT? WAKE UP NOW MOM IT'S NOT FUNNY!!!" 

I shouted on top of my lungs but she's gone. She's gone and it's all because of them. He brought his bastard son inside our house that made my mom's heartache so much that leads to a heart attack. I saw how my mom cried hard that night that causes her to breathe harder and collapse right in front of my eyes. 

"She's gone Lisa, she's gone," my Dad said while hugging me, trying to pull me away from my mom's dead body. 

I pulled out from his hug harshly and I glared at him. 

"This is all your fault! I hate you! I will never forgive you both! You both killed her! You killed mommy!" I shouted then I run away from him. 

 

End of Flashback

 

I came back to reality when I felt a hand touching my cheeks. Then I saw Jennie wiping away the tears in my eyes. I didn't notice that I am now crying after remembering the worst childhood memory that's ever happened in this house. 

"If you're not comfortable with this we can go home" she sweetly said.

She looks very worried about me. 

"I'm sorry Jen, but I think I couldn't d---"

I wasn't able to finish what I am going to say when someone interrupted us. 

"Lisa! Jennie!" 

We looked at the person and I saw my Dad smiling towards us. 

Jennie turned around and bowed her head. 

"Hi Uncle, nice to see you again" Jennie uttered before she kissed my father's cheeks.

"It's nice to see you two again" he answered then he walked towards me and pulled me for a hug. 

I felt frozen and I couldn't move nor utter any words. I gritted my teeth and pulled out from the hug. I looked at him blankly.

"Come inside. The party is about to begin" he said. 

Jennie looked at me worriedly but I just smiled at her weakly. 

Stop being a coward Lisa. I told myself. So, I pulled Jennie inside, where a lot of people are gathering.

"Lisa, Jen" it was Seulgi's voice that captured our attention and when we lifted our head up we saw our other friends sitting on one of the tables. They waved their hands towards us instructing us to sit with them which we gladly accepted. 

"I thought you're not gonna make it," Seulgi said.

"I told you, I'll come"

She nods her head before she offered me a drink. Jennie was looking at me wearing a  sad expression on her face. I smiled at her and mouthed her 'I'm fine'. She nods her head and started talking to our friends.

A few minutes passed and the MC started calling the soon to be a married couple, Jin and Rosie. 

Jin and Rosie climb the stage holding hands. Rosie looks gorgeous as always and she's smiling beautifully while looking to my stepbrother. They both looked very happy and in love. Then they give their speech to all the people who came. Thanking everyone for the support and attendance. After the speech, Jin kissed Rosie's lips and I suddenly felt a pain in my chest. I didn't notice that I've been gripping hard on the wine glass in my hands until it broke causes my hand to bleed hard. Then my grip loose and the glass fell on the floor that caught everyone's attention including the couple. Rosie saw me and our eyes met. She looked very shocked and the smile on her face faded. I bet she never expected me to be here. 

"Oh my God! Lis, you're bleeding" Jennie said after she saw my hand. 

I remained silent while still looking at Rosie's beautiful face. 

"Come on let's wash and cure that," Jennie said holding my hand but I pulled it from her grip. 

I could no longer feel my hands because what I feel inside my chest is more painful. Also, I am already drunk and alcohol makes me feel numb.

"No. I can manage. I'll just go to the restroom to wash this" I said. 

This is enough. This is suffocating me too much. I need to leave this place, I need to breathe. 

"No, I'll go with you" Jennie debated. 

I looked at her seriously and shook my head. 

"Please Jen. I need to be alone for a moment. I'll be back before the night ends. I promise"

I know she doesn't want to let me go alone but she nods her head and I thank her then I leave.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------

Sorry if I marked this as completed. I didn't notice it. Don't worry it's not yet the end but we're now down to few chapters left. It will end soon. Please leave me your comments. Also, I am planning to write a new FF and I am torned between angst or fluff? What do you guys think? Please tell me kung anong mas gusto niyo.