XVII PROM Night

C R A S H

"Wow Jendeuk you're so gorgeous! I'm sure Taehyung will drool over you!" Jisoo complimented right after my make up was done and while looking at me in the mirror.

I smile after I heard her compliment and just shook my head for my cousin's antics and silly gestures. By the way, Jisoo and Uncle Josh already knew about me and Taehyung coz I don't want to keep secrets from them. At first, Uncle Josh couldn't accept it coz he said that I'm still too young to have a boyfriend. Like Lisa, Uncle Josh is over protective but I understand them, they just don't want me to get hurt. But I promised them that I will always protect myself. Even though Lisa and Uncle Josh are against with my relationship with Taehyung, I am still thankful that they learned to accept the fact that we are together now. But Uncle Josh made me promise one thing, and that is no until marriage which I quickly agreed. Besides, I am still not ready for that yet.

"Why?" I asked when I saw Uncle Josh pouting his lip like a child while leaning on the door frame of the my room. Sometimes, I really don't understand him especially when he acts like this.

He shook his head before he speaks.

"I just couldn't believe how time flies really fast. You're a fine lady now. A very beautiful one" he said almost tearing apart.

I smiled at him and walk towards his place and give him a hug then I buried my head on his chest.

"Thank you. I owe everything to you and Jisoo" I said against his chest.

He lift his hands and caress my back.

"Okay, enough about this drama. Taehyung will be here any minute now" Jisoo butted in ruining my moment with his Dad.

Uncle Josh pulled out from the hug and gave me a very beautiful smile. He's really handsome and his face resembles Jisoo a lot, no doubt that they are sharing the same blood.

"Lisa will be the one to bring me to school" I said which causes a big confusion on their faces.

"So, it's not Taehyung?" Uncle Josh asked with knitted brows.

I look at Jisoo first then to him before I shook my head as a response.

"But why?" Jisoo asked.

Both of them are looking at me with knitted brows waiting for me to respond.

"I am still not comfortable with him as my driver" I replied.

Their faces soften while they are nodding their heads. 

"I see" Jisoo commented.

"That's better. I will be more complacent to know that you're with Lisa on the way to your school. I think I can have a good sleep without worrying about you're safety" he's smiling while crossing his arm.

He smiled at me and I just rolled my eyes on him. I know he still doesn't trust Taehyung about this matter that's why he seems really happy to hear what I said. 

After a few seconds I decided to go down in the living room while waiting for Lisa when suddenly my phone vibrated and Taehyung's name flashed on the screen of my phone.

"Hi!" I energetically greeted him.

"Hi!" He gritted back.

"Are you sure you don't want me to pick you up?" he asked.

"I'm sorry Tae" is all that I can tell him.

I don't want to offend him when I tell him that I am more comfortable with Lisa and not him yet. But I believe that one day I will overcome this fear. I've done it once when I went home with him but I didn't tell him how anxious I am that moment, how scared and uncomfortable I am that time. I think I have to work harder to overcome this fear. I know Lisa will always be there for me but I cannot depend to her all my life especially that she also have her own girlfriend. I don't want to be burden to her, to them.

"It's fine Jenjen, I understand. See you in a bit" he said.

"See you"

Call ended.

After I talked to Taehyung, I went outside my room and I am walking on the stairs holding on the railings when Lisa came in. Our eyes met and I smiled at her. She looks gorgeous in her black lady tuxedo. I know everyone will die to dance with her later but too bad she's been taken for tonight by Rosie. I don't know what she's thinking right now coz she's just staring at me without saying anything. Her stares made me feel conscious that makes me look at myself. Maybe she's thinking of something again to annoy me but I just ignore her and continue to walk down the stairs. Lisa never leave her eyes on me and when I reached the last step where Lisa is standing, I stayed in front of her and smiled widely.

"You're drooling Manoban" I tease first then chuckle while pushing her chin up to close .

Lisa shook her head and smirked.

"You wish Mandu!"

I rolled my eyes on her and was about to pass by her when she suddenly took my hand and helped me to walk down it. This is what I love about her the most, she's very attentive. She maybe teasing me a lot but she's really dependable. She knows this is my first time to wear heels and she saw how I struggle to it coz she was there when I am practicing how to walk properly wearing this 3 inches killer heels few days ago. She put my hand on her arm and smiled at me first before we face Uncle Josh and Jisoo who just followed me down here.

"Take care of Jennie" Uncle Josh stated before tapping Lisa's shoulder and she just gave him a nod.

"Uncle she's not my date" I complained.

Lisa looked at me and smirked giving me the look that she's ready to be my body guard for the whole night.

"I know. I just don't want any other business just date and dance" 

I glared at Lisa who's smirking beside me. Gosh! This monkey is really annoying. I pinch her arm that made her wince in pain before I turn my gaze to Uncle Josh.

"She has her own date Uncle. She can't just----" 

I wasn't able to finish what I will be saying when she speaks.

"I can still look after you Nini" she butted in while wiggling her eyebrow.

"You don't have to baby sit me!" I muttered.

Uncle Josh nods his head and Lisa is throwing an annoying smile on my face. I swear I am starting to get pissed already because here they are again being a combo to annoy me.

"Gosh! Stop it guys! Jendeuk is a grown up woman now. She already know what she's doing so let her enjoy just for once! Stop ruining her night!" Jisoo butted in.

The two silence their mouths after Jisoo talked. Thank God someone is on my side now. I looked at Jisoo and mouthed her 'thank you' and she smiled and wink at me.

"I think we better go now" I said and pulled Lisa towards the door.

Lisa and I gave them one last look before we leave and while we were walking she speaks.

"But honestly Nini, you look stunning and beautiful tonight, no joke" Lisa whispered to my ear and I can feel her hot breath against my ear and that sends goosebumps all over my body. I look at her and I confirmed that she's not joking around because she's giving me a sincere smile. My heart beats abnormally when our eyes met. I don't know why, but I felt a little bit shy after she told me that, so, I look down to avoid her gaze. I don't know what is this feeling coz this is the first time to encounter this.  

"T-thank you" 

-----

Lisa's P.O.V

 

When I saw Jennie walking down the stairs, I was mesmerized. It felt like everything was in slow motion and she's the only one I can see. I was speechless while I was checking her out. She looks gorgeous, glamorous, and stunning wearing her red strapless prom dress that features a flirty sweetheart neckline, a beading-defined waist and a voluminous tulle skirt with the comfort of a satin lining while her hair was slightly tousled half-up with soft waves and a touch of crystal glam that made her look more perfect. I don't know what happened to me but when I saw her, I suddenly felt conscious  and concern about how I look or am I even look good enough to be with her then I remember that I am not her date for tonight. I also felt a bit guilty when I realized that I complimented Jennie much more than I complimented my own girlfriend. So, to ease the uneasy feeling I have inside, I just teased and annoyed her. 

"But honestly Nini, you look stunning and beautiful tonight, no joke" I finally said it. 

I saw how she blushed, that's why I just gave her a genuine smile so she wouldn't be thinking that I am just teasing her. I took a glance at her and she's looking down, trying hard to avoid my gaze to hide her tomato red face. This bestfriend of mine is really cute. 

When we reached my car, I saw Rosie smiling at us. She waved her hands to Jennie and said, "Hi Jen! You look very pretty tonight" 

"T-thanks, you as well" Jennie shyly uttered. 

"Thank you" Rosie replied. 

I opened the door for Jennie and helped her settle on her seat before I went to the driver seat. 

"Let's go?" 

Then both of them nod. 

---

After I successfully parked my car, I opened the door for Rosie and help her to come out then I grabbed the back seat's door and opened it for Jennie. Unfortunately, Jennie went off balance and almost fell but thanks to my fast reflexes I was able to catch her and she lands on my chest. I am hugging her waist and our bodies are pressed against each other while our faces our almost an inch apart and our breaths brushes along our skin. And here's the abnormal beating of my heart again. I swear I can almost hear the loud beating of my heart. What's happening to me? Why am I feeling this? I stared at her face and she did the same until my face landed on her beautiful plump lips. Gosh her lips was so inviting. I leaned forward not breaking our gazes but I stopped when I heard someone speak at the back. 

"Jennie!" 

Jen and I pulled out from the hug as we both look at the person. It was Taehyung and he looks very serious. He walk towards us and hold Jennie by the waist and pulled her away from me. 

"Let's go inside" he said to Jennie before he put Jennie's hand on his left arm and walk towards the entrance intentionally bumping my shoulder. 

I clenched my jaw while I was watching them but my face softened when Jennie looked back giving me an apologetic look. I smiled at her and nod assuring her that I'm okay until I felt a hand clinging on to my arm. She's smiling at me and said, "Let's go?"

"Let's go" I answered. 

----

The program started until the MC opened the dance floor for the cotillion. Me and Jennie are part of this cotillion and we are partners. We lined up at the back stage when I saw how nervous Jennie is. I pressed her hand slightly and smiled at her assuring her that it's okay and I am just here for her then I saw how her facial expression changed. She looks more comfortable and confident now and whispered me 'thank you'. 

When the music Can I have this Dance starts to play, the line starts to move inside the ballroom. Every students are watching us. I saw Taehyung glaring me at the side but I ignored him. I also see Rosie watching us with a smile on her face cheering for me while I am holding Jennie's right hand as we started dancing. We begin the steps by holding each others hand while our eyes were locked as we sway our bodies from left to right. She smiled at me and I did the same. I swear I couldn't describe what I am feeling right now. Maybe I am just so happy that I get to attend the prom and dance with her. I thought this will never gonna happen but it did. We dance until the music ends, finishing it by pressing our foreheads and smiling from ear to ear coz we finished the dance without committing any mistakes. 

After the cotillion, the MC stated that the dance floor is now open for the first dance. Of course, I danced with Rosie. We were smiling at each other and I can see how other students are looking at us whispering how good we look together. 

"You look very beautiful tonight" I complimented before kissing her forehead. 

"You too. A lot of girls are glaring at me right at this moment because of you" she uttered.

"Don't mind them. They are just jealous coz you have the hottest date for tonight"

"Tss. But I gues we're not just the hottest couple here" she said looking at my back. 

I turn our bodies around, flipping our position so that I can look at the couple she's referring to, then I saw Jennie and Taehyung. Taehyung is holding Jennie's waist and Jennie's hands are on Taehyung shoulders. 

"Is it okay if I dance with Rosie?" a man that I don't know asked for my permission. 

"And who are you?" I sternly asked.

I looked at the man with furrowed brows and I saw how he swallowed a lump on his throat.

"He's my classmate. Yeah it's fine Jiyoung" Rosie said smiling before letting go of my hand. 

I didn't protest anymore and let the man took Rosie away from me. I watch my girlfriend dance with the man and when I saw that he seems harmless, I let them dance in peace. Instead, I searched for Taehyung and Jennie again. They are still dancing and their eyes were locked and I watched as Taehyung slowly leaning towards Jennie. Is he trying to kiss her? No! I won't let him!

I walked towards them, "May I dance with Jennie?" 

Taehyung looked at me sternly while Jennie is just eyeing back and forth on us. I thought he will be protesting but he isn't and just let Jennie dance with me. I smirked when he took his seat. 

Jennie and I dance until we get tired. While we were dancing, she keeps on complaining about me being like a strict father to her. She told me she will never do something that would ruin our trust so I promised her I wouldn't be bothering them anymore. But I told her that once he did something wrong to her, I would never hesitate to break his bones.

We returned to our separate tables after the dance. Jennie is sitting two tables away from us coz Taehyung choose to sit with his friends while I choose to sit with Seulgi and Irene, Momo and Dahyun, and with my other classmates. I watched Jennie while she's sitting with Taehyung's friend trying to make a conversation with them then I gritted my teeth when Taehyung throw his hand on Jennie's shoulder. I noticed that Taehyung is being so touchy and Jennie seems uncomfortable with it. I watched them trying to stop myself from going to their seat to break his neck. But my anger burst out when he caressed Jennie's leg which made her flinch. This is it! I had enough! I stood up hardly from my seat almost flipping our table which captured the attention of a lot of students including the students on Jennie's table. I clenched my jaw and was about to go there and punch Taehyung's face when Jennie looked at me and shook her head. Her eyes were pleading asking me not to make any trouble. I also felt Rosie's hand holding mine to stop me. I heave a deep sigh and just let it go. I sat down again and apologize to my girlfriend. I was to occupied by Jennie being with Taehyung that I almost forget about her. I should focus to her more than to Jennie. Like Jennie said, she's big enough to know what's right and wrong so I guess she will be fine.

When I finally calm myself down, I took Rosie's hand and pull her away from the crowd since it is okay to leave now coz everyone is busy dancing with their dates. I will just come back here later for Jennie before the program ends. 

"Where are we going?" she asked. 

"It's a surprise" I smiled and pulled her. 

We both run until we reached the garden where my surprise is. went agape and she gasp when she saw everything.

 went agape and she gasp when she saw everything

She let go of our hands and walked towards it. 

"You made this for me?" she asked looking back at me.

I nod as I watch the tears dripping down her cheeks. 

She run towards me and throw herself at me. 

"Thank you! This is so beautiful!" she uttered.

Then she broke the hug, cupped my cheeks, and kissed my lips. We kissed until we almost gasps for air. 

We danced and talked to each other. We were enjoying the night when suddenly my phone vibrated. 

I took it, but I didn't bother to check who's calling.

"Lisa I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you but can you pick me up?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------

This is it... 

Long update since it's the 23rd. Happy Jenlisa Day yesteday!