XIII

C R A S H

Jennie's P.O.V.

 

I woke up feeling a heavy thing on my chest and when I opened my eyes, I saw Lisa sleeping soundly beside me. is slightly open and I can hear soft snores coming from her. I stared at her first before I fix her disheveled hair. I tucked the loose strands of her hair behind her ears before I lift her hand from my chest. I lifted it very slowly for me to avoid disturbing her sleep.

Last night, I tried to talk to her and ask her if there's something going on that she's not telling me. I know she's keeping something from me and I don't know what it is. I knew her. I knew her very well and I know she has a problem. No matter how hard she tries to hide something from me, she can't. I knew there is something wrong coz she's been very quiet these past few days and she seems like always not on the mood to do something. Yesterday, she doesn't even want to go to school for no reason. I just forced her to. I know something's up but I didn't force her to tell me what coz I know she's not ready to talk about it yet so I respect her decision. 

When I successfully removed her arm that's hugging me, I took the pillow beside me and I placed her arms on top of it. She moved a little but she didn't wake up. I was about to leave my room when my phone vibrated. 

I took my phone on the bedside table and see that there's a message for me. I read the message and instantly my lips curved into a smile. 

"Good morning beautiful"

-----

 

 

Lisa's P.O.V.

 

 

I woke up when a ray of sunshine hit my eyes. I opened my eyes and search for Jennie but she's no longer beside me. Last night, I tried to hide the sadness that I am feeling and forced myself to be me and interact with her like there's nothing going on but I failed. I failed to hide my true feelings and Jennie noticed that instantly. She noticed that there's something going on that I am not telling her. She asked me what is it but I chose not to answer her question. How can I tell her that she's the reason why I'm like this. How can I tell her that she's the reason why I and Rosie are fighting. How can I tell her that Rosie is asking me to stay away from her? I can't tell her because I know that she'll be hurt. So, I chose not to tell her why and thankfully she didn't push it. 

I sat on the bed and I took my phone on the bedside table and I texted Rosie. I greet her good morning and told her that I already missed her. It's been three days since we fought and since then she's been ignoring my messages and calls. I did my best to reach out to her. I even went to her condo unit but she's not there. I think she went home because she's avoiding me. I also tried my best to visit her in her classroom but the time won't allow me because of the very busy school schedules that I have. Since it's already midterms, there are a lot of things, projects, and activities that have to be done. So, as much as I want to go to her, I can't. But thankfully, today is the last day of midterm examinations so after this I will make sure to go to her and to ask for forgiveness. She told me she will only talk to me if I stay away from Jennie but I can't do that. Jennie is my best friend and I couldn't afford to lose her. I will just do whatever it takes to get her back. I know she's just mad that's why she said that but I know she will understand that I just couldn't dump Jennie like that. I will make her understand that no matter what. 

After eating breakfast that Jennie cooked for us, we decided to go to school already. We were both silent while we were on our way to school but I can see how Jennie stared at me from my peripheral sight while I'm driving my car. She looks like she wants to ask something but was hesitant to do so. 

"What is it?" I asked turning my head to her then back on the road. I forced myself to smile at her. 

"Are you okay now?" she asked.

I then again glance at her and nod. 

"I am. Sorry for making you worry" I answered. 

She nods her head and silently stared at me again before she took my right hand on the steering wheel. 

"You know you can always tell me everything, Lisa" she uttered with a weak but sincere smile on her face while pressing my hand lightly.

I nod.

"I know. I'm fine, don't worry" 

 

Time skipped....

 

"Atlast!" I muttered after Mr. Song dismissed our class. I stretched my arms upward and bent my body forward to ease the numbness of my back. The examination was quite hard but manageable. Good thing I love numbers so it was not that hard for me. Finally, the midterm examination has ended which means that I can now go to Rosie. 

I walked out of the classroom as soon as Mr. Song exits. Seulgi and Momo were following me. I walk faster coz I was too excited to go to Rosie. I missed her so much and I can no longer wait to see her. I just hope that she's still there. These past few days I realized that I've been so unfair to her. She's right. I spend most of my time with Jennie than her to the point that I forgot about her and our plans. I know I hurt her so I will do my best to make it up to her. 

Before I go to Rosie, I checked on Jennie first and it seems that their exam has ended as well. I walk towards their room but I stop when I saw her talking to Taehyung. They are walking side by side and smiling sweetly to each other. My brows automatically furrowed when I saw how my mandu smiled at that man and her eyes were sparkling like a diamond. Unconsciously, I gritted my teeth, clenched my jaw and I wasn't aware that I am already balling my fist while watching them. 

"Monkey!!" Jennie excitedly shouted when she saw me. 

She ran towards me and gave me a quick hug. She's smiling dearly to me but my eyes were focused on Taehyung who's also heading towards us.

"You again?" I barked sending daggers to him but Jennie elbowed me and widen her eyes to me, warning me to stop intimidating him.

Taehyung chuckled and just ignored me and I swear that he's getting into my nerves already. I already told Jennie to stay away from him but she doesn't seem to listen. 

"Here's your book Jenjen" Taehyung said while giving Jennie her books. 

"Thanks" Jennie responded grinning like an idiot while staring at this man.

I rolled my eyes while watching them bid their goodbyes to one another then I heard chuckles behind me. It was Momo and Seulgi who's grinning like an idiot while looking at me. 

"Jelly! Jelly! Haha!" Seulgi titter.

Me? Jealous? Why should I? I am just protecting Jennie from this man.

I glared at them, "What?"

"Nothing. I said Momo I want Jelly. Yes! I want Jelly.. hahaha" Seulgi defended.

The two were laughing really hard which echoes in the whole corridor. I heave a sigh and stomp my feet leaving the three of them behind. I think it will be better for me to wait for Jennie in my car.

" Are we going to see Rosie?" Jennie asked and I just nod.

We are now here inside my car heading to Rosie's classroom on the other side of the campus.

"Are you mad at me?" she asked again. 

I stop the car when we reached the parking lot near Rosie's classroom and looked at her. I stared at her first before I began to speak.

"Didn't I told you to stay away from him?" I seriously said. 

She avoided my gaze but I held her chin and made her face me but I was taken aback when she shoved my hands away angrily.

"Lisa we're just friends! Please forget about the past. Geez! move on!" 

"I am just protecting you from him, Jennie. You don't know him!" I defended.

"Lisa I know what I'm doing, okay? So, please stop treating me like a child! Stop being overdramatic! I don't need your protection, I can protect myself!" 

I was surprised by how she throws those words to me. Is it bad that I just want to protect her? That I don't want her to be hurt? She doesn't need me now coz she already has Taehyung? Is that what she's trying to say. Are we really fighting because of him?

I couldn't believe her. I and Rosie are fighting now because I didn't want to stay away from her and this is what I get in return? A shout? I shook my head then I walk out of the car. 

I release a breath once I was out of the car then I tried to calm myself. I should not face Rosie at this state. I have to face her with a clear head and stable emotion. 

The moment I regained myself from the fight I had with Jennie, I decided to go straight to Rosie's classroom. The door was closed so I went nearer to check on the window if there still people inside. I peak on the window and I was so glad that there are still students. I roam my eyes around and I was so happy when my eyes landed on Rosie who's sitting at the back, seriously answering her exam with knitted brows. I waited for their class to finish and not long enough when some students are now exiting the room. Some students smiled at me and even giggling seeing me here. I stretch my neck searching for Rosie in the sea of students in front of me. I'm now being impatient coz until now she still not exiting the classroom. After a few more minutes of waiting, I now see Rosie. I smile widely when I saw her. I decided to walk towards her but I was taken aback when I saw Jin approaching her and Rosie was smiling at her.

"Rosie you forgot your---" Jin's words were cut when he saw me.

Rosie turn around to check where Jin is staring and the smile on her face faded when she saw me. 

"Babe" I called.

She heaves a sigh then she forces herself to smile at me.

"You forgot your book again," Jin said while smiling towards her.

That sight was so irritating for me but I have to control myself. I'm here to make it up to her and not to create another chaos.

"I think I better leave now" it was Jin.

Rosie nods. "You take care" 

----

"How are you?" I asked.

We are now sitting on the bench near the library watching the students as they exit the campus. 

"I'm fine" she briefly replied. 

This is so awkward and I don't know what to say. My heart was beating madly and I don't know why I am so nervous. But this can't be! I have to talk to her or else this wouldn't be fixed. So, I heave a deep sigh before I continue to talk.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I forget about you and our date and I'm sorry if I can't do what you want me to do. I can't leave Jennie, Rosie. She's my best friend and I cannot afford to lose her but I cannot afford to lose you either. I know this may sound selfish but both of you are important to me and I cannot choose between you two. Please babe.. I am willing to do anything you want just please, don't ask me to stay away from her" I beg. 

Rosie cupped my cheeks, she pulled me and claimed my lips. 

"I'm sorry. I understand. I shouldn't ask you to do that. I was just carried away by my emotion coz I was hurt when you forgot about me and our date because of her but I'm fine now" she explained.

"I know. Thank you for understanding. But don't worry, I promise I will spend more time with you now. Let me make it up to you babe. I miss you" 

She nods with a wide smile flashing to her face. 

"I miss you too!"

She walks towards me, snake her arms on my nape and pulled me again for another kiss which I responded quickly.Her tears were dripping down her cheeks but we both don't mind it as we savor the kiss. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------

Are you guys getting impatient? Please don't be.. we're now near at the beginning.