S1 | Preparations.

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Nayeon POV

 

The night before the mission to infiltrate in the Kingdom of Howls, Jeongyeon and I decided to spend the night at her home. Against my will, Jeongyeon decided to tag along with my father and I because she wanted to make sure I would be alright. Not to sound mean but I probably can handle myself better than her.

Jeongyeon and I were sitting in the living room watching TV when Jeongyeon's five year old nephew barged in with a wide grin. He was a little boy with bright brown eyes and looked a lot more like Jeongyeon than his parents. His name was Kun and he was a little devil but every one absolutely loved him to bits.

"Auntie Jeong!" Kun screamed and tackled Jeongyeon's leg.

"Hey twerp," Jeongyeon grin and lifted the boy on her lap. She ruffled his hair which received a whine from the little boy, "Aren't you supposed to be in bed?"

"I'm not tiwed," Kun pouted, "Hey Auntie Nay!"

"Hey Kun," I smiled at him. I loved children and I had fallen in love with Kun the moment he smiled at me. Jeongyeon and I made jokes that I would leave her for hers nephew and it was a good idea if Jeongyeon's sister didn't scare the wits out of me when she's mad. Seungyeon, Jeongyeon's older sister, was by far the ruler of the family with her wits and her ability to manipulate the people around her. She was one of the sweetest people I have known except I have learned from past experience not get on her bad side.

"Auntie Jeong, I'm hungwy," Kun said. He stood on Jeongyeon's legs to seem taller than he actually was and pouted.

"You are? What do you want then?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Cookies!" Kun exclaimed.

"Honey, I don't think your momma would approve." I said to the boy and he looked sadly at me and I melted.

"It's alright, Momma doesn't have to know. It will be our own little secret," Jeongyeon grinned and I rolled my eyes. Jeongyeon was surely a girl at heart. She loved to play, tease and sneak around trying to be unnoticed. She'd usually get into trouble but never got big consequences because the pack enjoyed her good heart and playfulness.

"Yay!" Kun cheered but hushed when Jeongyeon put a finger on her lips. He copied his aunty and put a finger on his lips as well.

Jeongyeon picked the boy up and twirled him in the air before putting him down. Kun giggled and latched his hands securely to Jeongyeon's. Together they tipped toed to the kitchen and peeked around the corner. I laughed internally at their ridiculous figures.

Jeongyeon made some invented sign language for Kun to tell him the non-existent plan to steal cookies. When the coast was clear they tip-toed into the kitchen and hid behind furnitude every time someone would pass by.

I followed them into the kitchen and sat on one of the dining chairs. Amused, I followed their journey to the other end of the room with my chin in my hands.

When they arrived at their destination, Jeongyeon lifted Kun on the counter and grabbed the cookie jar from the shelf. She opened the lid and the two of them dug in to get as may cookies as possible before someone saw them.

Unfortunatelly for them, I saw the back door open silently and a slim figure came in. I couldn't help but smile in anticipation for the horror of the next scene. Seungyeon saw they stuffing their pockets with cookies and made a low growl. Kun was too busy with his task to notice his mother walking towards them but Jeongyeon froze and paled. She looked just in time to see her sister grabbing her ear and twisting it in an unreal position. Jeongyeon screamed and tried to get away from her sister's iron hold. Kun jumped in fear of his mother but she also grabbed his ear.

"And what are my two favorite and yet most troublesome persons doing in the kitchen with hands in the cookie jar?" Seungyeon said with a sweet voice. She didn't give them a chance to answer as she picked up Kun and literally dragged her sister out by her ear.

"Sowwy momma!" Kun grinned at his mother. He tried to sweet talk her but he knew he was in trouble.

"You do not get to give me those puppy eyes, twerp. You know not to follow your aunty because she is trouble."

"Hey, I resent that," Jeongyeon said but whimpered when Seungyeon twisted her ear. I was laughing my head off at the scene and followed them out of the room. Seungyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter