Other 54

BOOK 1: The Other Miss Park
Please log in to read the full chapter

Dara couldn't move. Her eyes widened as she looked at her niece's reaction. Her heart started to race.

Bobby was quick to aid his girlfriend who broke down after uttering a single word, knees buckling.

"Unnie!" Hayi was quick to jump up from the couch and mino hurried to get jisoo water.

"Jisoo, what about harabeoji?" Mino asked the question they couldn't ask. Jisoo tried to say but words got stuck on and she couldn't stop bawling.

Dara felt her eyes sting as she looked up and blinked rapidly. Jiyong observed her as she take a few deep breaths, enclenching and unclenching her fists.

Not a minute later they hear a loud noise outside. Dara's head whipped out to see a familiar copter getting closer to the island and her heart sank. It could only mean one thing, something happened and it's urgent. Putting two and two together, dara could only think of the worst case scenario.

"I'm sorry..." dara cleared when her voice cracked. It was first time jiyong saw her so vulnerable and he doesn't like it. He doesn't like how her eyes swelled with unshed tears. He can tell she's trying so hard not to cry.

"We'll have to leave first. A boat will pick you up tomorrow afternoon. Enjoy the rest of your stay. Jinhwan?" Dara turned to the kids and Jiyong wanted to protest but held his tongue back cause one, it's clear that something must have happened to her grandfather and two, he's really weirded out at how he's becoming clingy to her.

"Happy Birthday again!" Dara tried to stretch out a smile to the twins as she bids farewell to the two.

"I hope you liked our surprise though I'm sorry we can't stay longer." Jennie and hanbin looked at each other, both not knowing what to say. They're both not used to telling how they really feel cause it has been very hard.

"We love it!" Jennie blurted out before dara could take a step outside. Dara looked back at the twins and hanbin faked a cough, looking away "thank you." Dara chuckled and gave one look to jinhwan who nodded at her.

"Alright!" Hoony clapped his hands, distracting the remaining ones. "Who's up for another round of uno? With a twist?"

The twins and jennie's friends didn't know what to do, the atmosphere earlier was heavy but then june's loud voice hyped everyone up. It's safe to say with June and Hoony as their host, the mood shifted to a bright and fun energy.

"Don't make them drink-

"Yes yes I know I know." Jiyong rolled his eyes on dara."I'm an adult too you know."

"Didn't seem like it."

"Ya!-" Jiyong stopped himself when he saw dara's hands shaking.

"Dara.

Please log in to read the full chapter