Other 35

BOOK 1: The Other Miss Park
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was jennie's first time at a public pool hall. But this pool hall is not like the ones with a scary vibe in it, you know like where gangsters hang out. This one is air conditioned and very expensive, exclusive for elites.

"Your first time?" Jennie jumped a bit when a senior asked her, too close to her liking

"Yeah." She answers, moving away a bit.

"Is it jennie's treat today?"

"Yah, didn't you know? They're kind of... not doing well." A girl said

"Aniyo! I'll pay for everything." Jennie smiles and they cheered

Jennie's eyes almost widened at all the food they ordered. "C-can we eat all of this?"

"Maybe? We can just throw the leftovers." They shrugged and jennie pursed her lips

"Why? Do you want to bring it home?" A guy snickered

"What? No." Jennie awkwardly chuckled. Before, she didn't care how much she spends and how much food is left to waste but having to sell off her clothes to have money, she didn't feel good about wasting her money like that.

"Let's play! There's six of us, three vs. three. We'll take turns ok?" Jennie nods in understanding. Usually billiards is a one on one game but with friends, they can do it by group.

"But just playing it like that is boring? Let's bet on it. Say, a thousand dollars?"

"Fine with me."

"Don't wanna go higher?" Some joked

"Jennie, you ok with that?" The boy nudged her

"Of course, that's just cent for the Kwons." They decided for her. Jennie did a quick math on her head and she'll be left with pretty much nothing if she lose.

"It's not like I'm gonna lose." Jennie smiles confidently, determined to win it. On the bright side, if she wins she'll have a thousand and she can use that to pay for the food they ordered and have some left for herself.

"Best of nine?" Best of nine frame match. The first player ti win five frames win.

"Heads will be for solid, Tails for the stripe." Jennie was teamed up with the senior who invited her and her boyfriend, the one who was too close with jennie earlier.

"Heads." Doesn't really matter anyway, it just depends though with the placement of the balls and of course, skill.

It was tails. Their opponents will be stripe while they have the solid balls.

"You're good." Jennie smiled at the compliment. They won the first game.

It was doing well, or so she thought. Her teammates seems to be... lacking in terms of skill causing them to lose and lose again. They won two games with one, jennie barely managed to fo so and their opponent have three points. If they win again, they'll automatically lose.

Jennie was feeling uneas

Please log in to read the full chapter