Two.

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-The following night. Yongsan Café-

 

Jiyong still could not believe the fact that he was going to go with this idea.

 

The idea of having a kid with someone else that's not his wife. Having a kid that would bear resemblance of him and another woman, who's not his wife. It sounded as though he was going through a normal child-conceiving process, sans the ual part. 

 

Was he the only one that thought that this idea was absurd? 

 

Well, he sure was. Apparently, his parents were more than happy, ecstatic even. Jiyong couldn't actually blame them. Old Mr and Mrs Kwon had been yearning for a grandchild for ages. They of course, weren't obvious about it but Jiyong knew. Oh, the way his mother always gazed in envy at the elderly playing with their grandchildren in the playground. As much as they'd been supportive of his decisions, Jiyong knew his parents wanted a grandchild badly. It didn't help with the fact that he was the only son and his older sister, Dami, had just gotten engaged not long and wasn't planning on tying the knot that soon. Besides, the child would carry the Kwon's blood technically, so no worries on their end. 

 

Then there's Youngbae and Yuri. That two heartless chaps! When he first broke the news to them, there was a moment of silence before laughters erupted. Youngbae was trying so hard not to crack up during the conversation that he had the urge to go there to strangle him. To be fair, at least Yuri was slightly kinder, using her 'oh-so-fake' sympathetic voice, saying that she understood what he's going through but it'd be better if he complied with his wife and parents. She brought up the fact that he wanted a kid of his own anyway, so it shouldn't really matter. Hello! Yes, he had said that he wanted a kid, but he wanted a kid with the love of his life, not with some stranger! He didn't even want to mention what Seungri's reaction was when he told him the news. In conclusion, every one that mattered to him wasn't against this idea.

 

So, here he was. At the café with his wife, waiting for the so-called perfect candidate to arrive. 

 

It's for the best, Kwon Jiyong. It's for the best.

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

"Love, maybe she has chickened out. It's already 8. Maybe she thinks it's a bad idea after all and doesn't want to lend her genes nor belly out anymore. She's still in her twenties!" 

 

"Hun, please. She's already twenty-NINE. You're speaking as though she's still a young girl!" Jooyeon laughed. "Be patient will you? Maybe she's stuck in a jam or something." 

 

"Alrights. Let's just wait for another ten more minutes." 

 

Ten minutes later. 

 

"Okays. This is not working. Let's-"

 

"Sor-Sorry I'm late!" 

 

Heads turned around. Jooyeon's smile spreaded across her face; Jiyong flabbergasted. 

 

The profile photo did this woman no justice. Jiyong felt that she could have graced any billboard or magazine cover, but she's better than those two-dimensional photoshopped models. There was a shyness to her, hesitation in her body movements and the tremors in her voice. Her black suit had a tailored look that matched her milky skin, but yet, Jiyong could already picture her in jeans and a t-shirt, looking all fun and casual. There she stood, only feet away, but in her understated glamour. She deserved to be on the television or a girl in some kpop group video.

 

"Sorry, I'm late... I was caught in a jam..." When she looked up and met eyes with them, Jiyong found his heart skipped a beat. 

 

He avoided her gaze guiltily, looking at Jooyeon who gave him the 'I-told-you-so' look.

 

"Ms. Im," Jiyong cleared his throat unnecessarily, finally composing himself as he extended his hand out. "Kwon Jiyong."

 

"Hi, Mr. Kwon," the woman gave a firm handshake and smiled. "Call me Yoona will do." 

 

Her smile so beautiful it was like the stars themselves, decided to rest behind the soft cushion of her lips.​​​​

 

"Yoona-sshi," Jooyeon's voice broke the formal introduction. "It's nice to finally meet you again. You still look so beautiful." 

 

"You flatter me, Mrs. Kwon," Yoona's cheeks turned a faint shade of pink as she sat down. "I hope I didn't keep you all waiting for long. The rush-hour jam was crazy." 

 

"It's definitely worth the wait, right hun?" Jooyeon elbowed Jiyong lightly. 

 

"Yeahs. Besides, you weren't that late either," Jiyong answered as he pushed the document across the table. "Let's get down to business, shall we?" 

 

"O-Oh of course," Yoona was slightly taken aback by the bluntness. 

 

"Pardon my husband," Jooyeon chuckled. "Army made him boring. He isn't used to be like that." 

 

Jiyong was abashed but Yoona quickly reacted with a smile, "oh no. Nothing of that sort. I believe we should discuss the important thing too." 

 

"Yoona-sshi, we're really keen to have this surrogacy agreement with you. What do you think?" With that assurance, Jooyeon got into the crux of today's meetup as well. "Like what I've said previously, money isn't a problem. Just name your terms." 

 

"Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm sure Mr and Mrs Kwon could afford it. If not, we wouldn't be here tonight."

 

Jiyong smirked. Im Yoona, was beautiful, but only on the outside. No matter how gorgeous she looked, her heart was just after money, wasn't it? Behind that pretty, little face, was greed and materialism. 

 

"However, like what I've said previously, I don't need heaps load of money. All I need is the amount that can help cover my father's medical bill. That's all." 

 

Jiyong was ashamed. What a scumbag he was! To think that he jumped to conclusion so easily! She's doing this for the sake of her ailing father? 

 

"We have that covered. I've something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter