Eight.

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-One month later. Kwon's Apartment- 

 

"Cheers!" 

 

"Here's to 3 more months to D-day for Yoona!"

 

"Thank you!" 

 

It was all joy and laughter in the Kwon's apartment. However, the real owners were not in at all. Both Jiyong and Jooyeon had went to Paris for Paris fashion week, leaving Yoona and Auntie Lee to tend to the house. However, something had cropped up in Auntie Lee's house and she needed an urgent time off, leaving Yoona all alone. She hadn't planned on inviting anyone to the house, let alone planning any gatherings. However, Yuri called and upon realising that she's alone at home, had became all excited, wanting to drop by to 'accompany' her. Well, the accompany became a small gathering, as she invited Seungri and Youngbae as well. The trio came crashing into the house, demanding an entry. 

 

Though it wasn't her intention, Yoona had fun. Ever since her father fell ill, she hadn't have much social life. It was made worse after she was pregnant and she was worried she might have pre-natal blues if she continued to coop herself at home, not meeting people. Hence, thank god for this trio who came uninvited but made sure she was well-taken care of. 

 

"I should thank god that I broke my leg a day before the Paris trip," Youngbae took a sip of his wine and let out a sigh of contentment. "Would rather hole up here than facing the light flashes and fake smiles." 

 

"Jiyong oppa is gonna kill you if he hears this," Yuri wrinkled her nose at her boyfriend, leaning her body against his. "Though I'm glad that you didn't get to go this time too." 

 

"Gosh, you two get a room please," Seungri gave a look of disgust as they watched the couple shared a sweet kiss. "Yoona, lend them your room." 

 

"It's single bed. Would it be too cramp?" Yoona joined in the fun, feigning a worried look. "Maybe the bathroom would be more spacious."

 

"Yoona not you too!" The couple grimaced in sync, causing everyone to burst into laughters. 

 

It was relaxing and comfortable for Yoona. In fact, this gathering provided the solace she was seeking. Though they didn't hang around for long, Yoona felt close enough and connected with the trio. Despite being smart and having a certain social status, they were kind and humble. They included her in their clique and she couldn't thank them more than enough. Though she still felt a little guilty about mixing with the Kwon's family and friends, she comforted herself with the fact that it was all for the sake for her baby. She needed to be mentally healthy and she would do all it takes to ensure that the baby will be healthy when it's born. 

 

"Let me go whip up some other dishes," Yoona stood up, wanting to head to the kitchen.

 

"Yoona, let's just call delivery. Don't tire yourself too much," Yuri replied. "These two are pigs. They eat way too much."

 

"Wonder who was the one who managed to down the entire pizza on her own last Monday," Seungri sniggered. 

 

"Y-Yah Lee Seungri!" Yuri shrieked. "Jagi!" 

 

"Araso araso," Youngbae laughed, trying to soothe his girlfriend. "Yul is right. Yoona, don't fret. Let's call for delivery."

 

"You guys should still call for delivery while I can cook some simple dishes. It won't take long," Yoona smiled. "We can have a variety, since we have to feed... Three pigs right?" 

 

"Im Yoonaaaaaa!/ASSA! YOONA IS MY ALLY!" Yuri complained while Seungri was all smile. 

 

"Okay okay! Make it 4! I'm a pig now too I guess," Yoona laughed, rubbing her tummy. "I've never been over 55kg, but I'm hitting 60 now. We'll be piggy sisters, unnie." 

 

"Why do I not feel any sense of happiness with that title," Yuri rolled her eyes. 

 

"Araso araso. We'll be cute!" Yoona pacified, wrapping her arms around Yuri's shoulder. "Shall you lend me a hand? I could use a pair of helping hands to cut the vegetables." 

 

"Why would I think you're a quiet woman back then? You're so good with words, Im Yoona!" Yuri snorted but was rolling up her sleeves nonetheless. "Araso araso. Let the piggy sisters cook some awesome dishes to wow the two piggy brothers!" 

 

"I'll be in charge of ordering fried chicken then," Youngbae offered.

 

"Leave the desserts to me," Seungri added. "I'm the delivery genius."

 

The others rolled their eyes at his comment, all heading to do their part, ignoring him. 

 

"Y-Yah!" 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

"I'm so stuffeddddd~" Seungri whimpered as he rubbed his bulging tummy. "Look Yoona, my baby is gonna be your baby's pal! It's probably a month younger than yours."

 

Everyone laughed at his comment. 

 

"Yoona, your stir-fried octopus is the best. Please share your recipe with me," Youngbae commended and slung his arm lazily around Yuri's waist. "So I can feed this piggy next time." 

 

"I'll write it down for you in a bit," Yoona smiled. "Ice cream anyone?" 

 

"YES PLEASE!" The trio chorused. 

 

"And you said you're stuffed," Yoona giggled and moved to the kitchen. 

 

Click. 

 

While Yoona was in the kitchen, the sound of the door opening rang. The trio who was sitting at the dining table all raised their brows in surprise, turning their heads towards the door. Both Jiyong and Jooyeon were due to return only tomorrow night and Auntie Lee had called a moment ago, saying she would be back tomorrow morning. 

 

"Ji/Oppa/Hyung?" 

 

The trio were puzzled when they saw Jiyong. He was all alone and was reeked with alcohol. 

 

"What are you guys doing here?" Jiyong narrowed his eyes. 

 

Before anyone could answer, Yoona came out from the kitchen, coming face to face with Jiyong. Her eyes went wide with disbelief as she stood there, with the bowls of ice cream. If it was any other day, Jiyong would have gave a polite smile, acknowledging her presence. However, he had a really bad day and recalling what Jooyeon had accused him of just now, he was seething with anger and even the mere fact of seeing Yoona wearing an apron around her was an eyesore to him. 

 

"Oh? So now you're really treating here as your home?" Jiyong smirked, reeling towards her. "Using my house and hanging around with my friends even?!" 

 

Youngbae caught him before he fell and frowned, "Kwon Jiyong, you're drunk." 

 

Yoona was embarrassed as she stood there blankly, not knowing what to do. "I-I'm sorry..." 

 

"Sorry but yet still wearing my house's apron, still eating my house's ice cream?" Jiyong continued sarcastically. "Good job, Yoona-sshi! You're being such a dutiful surrogate mother! AWESOME!" 

 

"Oppa!/Hyung!" Yuri and Seungri was horrified at how crude Jiyong sounded. 

 

"All these things would come to an end for you, Im Yoona!" Jiyong continued to shout hysterically. "It's not real for you!"

 

"I-I'm sorry... I-I'll g-go back to my room now... S-Sorry..." Yoona was bitting her lips hard, her face flushed red as she tried to contain her tears. 

 

She turned and walked to her room quickly.

 

"Yoona!" Yuri shouted after Yoona. "I'll go take a look at her. You guys take care of this hopeless drunkard. Gosh!"

 

Right after Yuri followed Yoona into her room, the door opened again. This time, revealing a disraught Jooyeon.

 

"Hun-!"

 

Jooyeon was obviously taken aback when she saw Youngbae and Seungri. 

 

"Jooyeon..."

 

"I-I d-didn't know he called you guys here so fast... I-I'll head back to the room first th-then. You guys... You guys take care of him..." Jooyeon stuttered miserably and had a look of guilt when she saw Jiyong.

 

Before the both of them could utter a response, Jooyeon had escaped into the room. Seungri and Youngbae looked at each other and back down at the culprit of all these mess. 

 

Jiyong was already asleep, resting his cheek against the cool marble table top. 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

-The previous night. Paris-

 

Jiyong was hopeful. Things hadn't been the best with Jooyeon but he was determined to make things right with this trip. After all, it's their anniversary and being able to take advantage of this fashion show to come to Jooyeon's favourite city was his best shot to rekindle the flame and to atone for his neglience towards her. 

 

Jiyong had the perfect plan thought out; They would dine in their favourite restaurant and he would decorate their hotel room while Jooyeon was out. They had agreed to meet back in the hotel in the evening, given that Jiyong was attending Colette show while Jooyeon was down for Dior. Jiyong had lied to her the previous night, telling her that it would just be a simple dinner here and he would give her her present when they're back in Seoul. 

 

Jiyong had planned to ditch the show entirely to oversee his plan if it wasn't for the fact that Youngbae had injured his foot right before the trip. Since Youngbae couldn't attend, he, being the other owner of the company, had to make a trip down to show their sincerity and support for Colette. It wasn't that he didn't like all these fashion shows, hell, he adored them, but he had a more important event to see to - the event for the love of his life. After the Colette show, Jiyong stayed on for a little while, mingling and establishing contacts with the key personnel and headed back to the hotel straight away.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter