Twenty-Two.

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-7.30PM. Restaurant- 

 

"Unnie! Oppa!" 

 

"Yoong!" 

 

"Unnie, you're glowing!" Yoona gave an affectionate hug to her Gummy unnie before settling down to the seat opposite her. 

 

"I was vomitting till the point that my gall bladder is coming out, Yoong. Don't try to flatter me," Gummy rolled her eyes before squealing. "Enough of talking about me. Aren't you excited!?" 

 

Yoona cocked her brows while Jungsuk shrugged his shoulders, putting his arms around his wife. "Jagi, she still doesn't really believe my taste." 

 

"Awww, come on Yoong. Don't worry. This time, he's my close dongsaeng. I promise the quality will be the best," Gummy gave her hands a squeeze and winked. "He's a successful entrepreneur and designer."

 

Yoona simply replied with a smile. She wasn't sure about other qualities, but one thing for sure, this date's punctuality probably wasn't the best. How could he still not be here? Shouldn't you be punctual on your first date to create a good first impression? 

 

"H-He must have ca-caught in a traffic jam!" Gummy, who seemed to know what was on her mind, tried to salvage it. "Let me give him a call." 

 

"Unnie, it's okay. If he's busy, I can totally unders-"

 

"S-Sorry! I'm late!" 

 

"Ahhh! There you are!'

 

"J-Jiyong-sshi...?"

 

"Y-Yoona-sshi?" 

 

Successful entrepreneur. Divorced with a kid.

 

What a small world~

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

"Even though you guys already knew each other, we should still do a proper introduction. Ji, meet Im Yoona. Your Jungsuk hyung's colleague, as well as our beloved little sister." 

 

"Yoong, meet Kwon Jiyong. Your Gummy unnie's dongsaeng, or better known as the promising young CEO, chairman of PEACEMINUSONE." 

 

"Hyung, you flattered me," Jiyong gave a shy smile. 

 

Things couldn't have turned out better! To be honest, it wasn't that he was caught in a jam or whatsoever. In fact, he had arrived ten minutes earlier than the designated time but ended up sitting in his car, still contemplating to attend this date or not. He finally decided to go ahead since he received a death threat from the scary Jiyeon and well well, it turned out to be the best decision he had made thus far. 

 

"Jiyeon noona, you're still asking people to call you Gummy?" Jiyong sniggered. 

 

"What's wrong with that huh," Gummy scoffed. "I am Park Jiyeon, as well as Gummy." 

 

"The rising female star now is Kim Taeyeon, noona." 

 

"Yah! This brat!" 

 

"Don't get agitated unnie. The baby is hearing each and every word," Yoona reminded.

 

"Right," Gummy toned down immediately upon the reminder. "Count yourself lucky, Kwon Jiyong."

 

"You-You're pregnant?!" Jiyong was elated.

 

"I wanted to share this piece of news with you guys, but instead, Youngbae let me into another big secret of you crushing-" 

 

"NOONA!" Jiyong cut her off loudly, earning stares from everyone. 

 

"Crushing?" Yoona was curious. 

 

Is he crushing on someone? If he is, why would he still come to this blindate? Also, who's the girl that he's crushing on? Wait a minute, why is she so curious and meddlesome! 

 

"N-Nothing! Crushing ice," Jiyong cooked up a bad lie. "We were discussing on vodka with ice, to have it with crushed ice or iceball. Right noona?"

 

Gummy received a threatening glare and chuckled, "yeahs. He's being so ridiculous in the argument that Youngbae had to confide in me." 

 

Thereafter, mouthing 'you owe me one, Kwon Jiyong' when Yoona didn't notice. 

 

"Oh..." For some unknown reason, Yoona was relieved. 

 

It did flash across her mind that perhaps, Jiyong could be her date but that thought disappeared as fast as it came. She thought the idea was absurd since she assumed Jiyong was still not over Jooyeon and that he probably was too preoccupied with the things on hand. Besides, there're a lot of successful guys out there who had a failed marriage and had the kids' custody. However, when she looked up and saw that familiar face, for a moment, she swore that her heart skipped a beat. 

 

Perhaps, she's forced to admit to this fact - she still does habour feelings for this guy, even after so many years. 

 

She was glad that she gave her senior another chance to set up blindates for her.

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

"It's getting late. Ji, send Yoona home." 

 

"Anniyo unnie, it's fine. I drove here, remember?" 

 

Dinner went well beyond expectations. To begin with, Yoona and Jiyong hit off well. Hence, with Gummy and Jungsuk, the atmosphere was even better. It felt more like a double date insted of a blindate and Yoona was thankful for it. She did not have to conceal herself to create a perfect first impression and was glad that Jiyong felt the same. 

 

"Then at least walk her to the car, Kwon Jiyong," Gummy elbowed Jiyong's stomach, hinting him to have some initiative.

 

Jiyong simply rubbed his tummy and laughed, "come on. I'll walk you there. If you don't allow me to, I might not be able to survive past tonight." 

 

Everyone had a laugh while Gummy rolled her eyes. 

 

"Alrights then. I'll leave my pretty dongsaeng to you, Jiyong," Jungsuk wrapped his arms around his wife. "Meanwhile, I have to send this pregnant lady back home to sleep." 

 

They bade farewell and after watching the couple left, Jiyong raised his brows at Yoona. "Let's get going too?" 

 

"Sure~" 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

They ended up taking a stroll along the street instead. 

 

"You know, shouldn't we by now, dropped the formalities already?" For quite a long while, Jiyong finally managed to muster enough courage to make this suggestion. "You know, since we're kinda like on a... date?" 

 

"You want me to call you oppa?" Yoona chuckled.

 

"I think calling me by my name is fine," when what his heart saying was, 'I don't want to have the same title as Youngbae that brat.' 

 

"Uhmm... I'll call you... Jiyong then," Yoona's face was slightly blushed. "Jiyong~" 

 

"Yoona, or can I call you Yoong?" Jiyong's confidence was boosted. "I mean I heard Jungsuk hyung and Yuri calling you that." 

 

"That's the term of endearment for my close friends but okay. I can label you as close enough." 

 

It was definitely an encouragement. "So... I heard from noona that you're a fan of me?"

 

Perhaps it was the nice atmosphere, perhaps she drank a little and felt bolder, Yoona squinted her eyes and smirked. "Yes, why not? You're a fine man." 

 

And then regretted deeply. 

 

"I-I mean, you, I-I'm not a huge fan of you! I-I'm a huge fan of your sneakers. I mean you're a refined man, not really fi-" Her face turned red in embarrassment as she tried to explain herself.

 

Jiyong's fruity laughters rang in the still night, causing her to stop her babblings and looked up.

 

"Relax," he suppressed a chuckle. "Well, I do know I'm a fine man. Just, well, you know, divorced with a kid." 

 

"Your kid is handsome though," Yoona joked. 

 

"Don't be a paedofile," Jiyong grimaced. 

 

"I'm praising you subtly in case you didn't realise."

 

"Oh, then do I have to thank you for this?"

 

"That would be nice, but gifting a bouquet of flowers would be even better."

 

They broke into a common smile. It was a comfortable silence as Jiyong stretched his hand out to tidy Yoona's messy frinch and Yoona found her heart skipped a beat again. 

 

"T-Thank you..." She had her head bowed down shyly.

 

"Wear this. It's the change in season now. If you catch a cold, I'd have to find someone else to take care of Minjun," Jiyong removed his coat and draped it over her shoulders. "Minjun said that he didn't like Yul's cooking."

 

"Yuri unnie is going to be sad and the chance for him to date Haewon will be gone," Yoona chuckled and decided not to reject his kindness. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter