Epilogue

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Half a year later. Kwon's Bungalow-

 

"SHIIRO! I DON'T WANT A SIBLING!" 

 

"Kwon Minjun, this is not something that you can decide! You're going to be an older brother and that's final!" 

 

"I DON'T LIKE APPA! I DON'T LIKE UMMA!" 

 

"Yah! Kwon Minjun!" 

 

Jiyong got pushed out of the room and the moment he turned around, he was met with his wife's death glare. "W-What?" 

 

"You've the cheek to say what?" Yoona chided, folding her arms across her chest sternly. "I tasked you to break the news to him, trusting that you'd know his temper the best and this is the result you give me?" 

 

"H-He's going to be an older brother! We always deal with things like a man!" Jiyong grimaced. "He only began acting like a baby after you came into the picture."

 

"He IS still a baby!" Yoona pinched his arm, HARD. "So, you're blaming me now?"

 

"A-Ah-Ah! O-Of course not!" Jiyong rubbed his bruised arm in agony. "I-I'll try talking to him again okay? I promise this time I'll be gentler..."

 

Jiyong swore that ever since Yoona is pregnant, her mood swings are drastic and she's easily triggered by every little thing he said. Oh, and extremely sensitive and emotional as well. It was to the point that he had a hard time adapting and was wondering if this is really the Im Yoona he fell in love and got married to. He didn't remember her acting like that while she had Minjun but to be fair, he didn't pay much attention back then as well and she was supposed to be paid. You couldn't be throwing tantrums at your employer could you? Hence, he turned to his best pal for advice. Youngbae was a gem, offering much needed advices (of course after minutes of mockery laughters). Jiyong learnt well, though sometimes, hiccups still do happen. 

 

Like now. 

 

"Dwaesseo," Yoona's anger had turned into sadness. "Thanks to you, he doesn't like me now too... Didn't you hear him say that he doesn't like umma?" 

 

"Yoong, he's just having a meltdown," Jiyong coaxed. "He'll be fine after calming down."

 

"Ji, maybe it's too soon? He's just 5! Maybe we shouldn't rush into things..." 

 

"Anniya! Noona and I have 5 years of , I would have preferred it to be shorter if you ask me," Jiyong answered.

 

"Really? But unnie and umma were all saying you were whining like a baby and started crying whenever they brought up the topic of giving you a younger sibling," Yoona rebutted. "You yourself weren't able to accept it back then, Kwon Jiyong, but now you're forcing it down your son's throat." 

 

"T-That's d-different!" Jiyong became flustered, silently cursing over the fact of her knowing about his hideous past. "Anyway, I'll speak to him again. All you have to do now is to take plently of rest." 

 

"I'm going to talk to him myself," Yoona sighed. "You, shall not enter. Oh, and no nutella cookies for you today! How dare you make our son cry."

 

Jiyong wanted to argue but recalled his mentor's wise words. He swallowed back whatever he had planned to say, as he watched her knocked on the door. 

 

He figured out he would head straight to the kitchen after she went in. 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

"Baby," Yoona opened the door and gave a few knocks. "Can I come in?" 

 

Minjun was sitting on his bed, fumbling with his favourite teddy bear. Upon hearing Yoona's voice, he looked up immediately but sulked thereafter, not replying. 

 

"I'll take it as a yes then," Yoona smiled, undeterred. 

 

She took a seat by his bedside and silence enveloped them. She wasn't anxious to speak up first, just sitting there to enjoy the silence and was waiting for this son of hers to speak up. True enough, Minjun couldn't stand the silence and he whispered. 

 

"Umma... What appa said... Is it true?" 

 

"Why do you not like a younger sibling?" Yoona asked instead.

 

"Because if there's a baby, umma and appa would not treat me like a baby anymore..." Minjun pouted. "That's what Haewonnie said... Look, now that Jinwonnie is born, Yuri imo and Youngbae samcheon no longer treat her like a princess." 

 

Yoona gave a defeated smile. "Anniya. You only see the bad side. Have you seen how Haewon always whine because she wants to sleep beside Jinwon? Haewon loves her little brother and who say Youngbae samcheon and Yuri imo no longer treat her like a princess? Youngbae samcheon just called me to ask for my h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter