Thirty-Two.

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eh?" 

 

After washing up, Jiyong held Yoona's hand, walking into Minjun's room. Yoona thought he was giving her a gift, but they ended up in Minjun's room?

 

"Your gift is inside," Jiyong smirked. 

 

Yoona shook her head in defeat, thinking he's fooling around. Minjun was indeed a gift to her, but he didn't have to explicitly  about it, did he? 

 

"Morning~" 

 

"Oh? Appa. Imo!" 

 

Minjun had woke up but was seated in his bed, reading a book.

 

"Look at him, look at him. What's 'Appa.' and 'Imo!'?" Jiyong sulked. "That difference in expression! Am I losing my foothold in this household?" 

 

"Appa, you always teach me to be a gentleman," Minjun rebutted. "But you're upset that I'm good to imo?" 

 

Yoona laughed mercilessly while Jiyong rolled his eyes at his witty response. 

 

"Yah, Kwon Minjun, I've something important to tell you," Jiyong took a seat at his bedside, pulling Yoona along. 

 

Minjun took a look at their intertwined hands, acting like an adult again, drawing his own conclusion. "Yoona imo can see again, so you're not angry with appa already? Appa is going to marry imo?"

 

Yoona was totally amused while Jiyong was just resisting the urge to strangle his son. Where on earth did he learn all these? Did he let him hang out too much with Youngbae and Seungri already? Or was it Yuri who had been teaching him all these stuffs secretly? 

 

For some unknown reason, Yoona was actually a little excited after hearing Minjun's inference. Was this Jiyong's gift? His gift did not mean Minjun literally, but the approval from Minjun for them to get married. Was it too fast? Was she ready to accept if he really proposed? 

 

"No, Kwon Minjun," Jiyong replied, hitting his forehead gently, "and how many times must I tell you to never interrupt when someone is talking? Oh, and not to draw baseless conclusion?" 

 

Yoona's heart sank a little when she heard Jiyong's denial, but recovered almost immediately, mocking at herself for believing in a little kid's words. Minjun tilted his head to the side, giving his father a blur look in response, catching Yoona's heart totally.

 

Who cares about Kwon Jiyong? Kwon Minjun is enough for her! 

 

"Remember that time I told you Jooyeon umma is not your real mother and that I'll tell you who is your real mother when the time is right?" Jiyong began slowly, dropping the bomb. "Well, here she is. Right beside you all these while." 

 

Both Yoona's and Minjun's eyes went wide in disbelief. 

 

Truth was, Jiyong had hinted to Minjun sometime back during his fifth birthday. Jiyong had always believed in treating Minjun like an adult, reasoning out with him instead of lecturing and scolding. After calming down, the father-son duo had a heart-to-heart talk. Jiyong came clean with him, telling him that Jooyeon is not his biological mother. It took a fair amount of time to let a five-year old kid understand the rationale but Minjun seemed to got the gist of it and asked for his mother's whereabout. Jiyong was sure to instill the fact that everything was not his biological mother's fault for leaving him and Minjun seemed to understand it as well.

 

"My gift for you," Jiyong smiled at Yoona, giving her hand a squeeze. "Remember yesterday I told you things are coming to an end? That is not the end because there's still this last part to go. This IS the end; you acknowledging Minjun for real and the public recognising the pain and agony that you had been through all these years." 

 

"You..."

 

Yoona swore she could never catch Jiyong's antics, he always caught her by surprise. It did came across her mind that someday, they would tell Minjun the truth but she didn't expect it to be any time soon, let alone... now. Jiyong was always doing things behind her back, protecting her in the dark. It always seemed like he did not care, did not pay attention, but he did. He paid attention to every little things and was extremely edgy and critical when it came to her matters. He wanted her to be acknowledged and loved by the public, he wanted her to be acknowledged and approved by Minjun. 

 

But... would Minjun really be okay with this? 

 

Yoona's eyes darted to Minjun concerningly. Jiyong followed her gaze too and both of them eyed at Minjun, who became silent, his expression unreadable. During times like this, Jiyong swore that he's his kid. He had the exact expression whenever he was in thoughts and didn't want to be disturb. Hence, he did not rush him and shook his head at Yoona, not wanting her to talk to him. He believed in his son and he believed that he could rationalise on his own and knew who treat him right. 

 

Moments later, Minjun spoke up, looking Yoona right into her eyes, "did you really read a lot of books while I'm in your tummy?" 

 

His parents were totally confused by his question but he continued, "Halmeoni Lee once told me umma loves to read books when I was inside her tummy. That's why I love to read so much too. However, I've never seen before Jooyeon umma read a book before and appa always falls asleep first before he can finish reading me my bedtime stories."

 

Jiyong was totally embarrassed while Yoona stifled a laugh. 

 

She regained her composure, smiling as she recalled the past. "Yes, I do love to read a lot. It was till the point that Halmeoni Lee joked that you'll become a bookworm. I was hoping that your appa would get you a lot of books to read if you're really a bookworm and thankfully, he did." 

 

"Appa refused to buy me Harry Potter though," he pouted.

 

"Yah, you're only five years old! That book is too heavy for you to even carry alright and you won't even know most of the words in there!" Jiyong snorted. "Seriously~"

 

"I could ask!/He could ask!" Surprisingly, Yoona and Minjun answered in sync. 

 

"Oh? Is this what they call mother-son telepathy?" Jiyong mused. 

 

It fell into an awkward silence again but before the adults could speak up, Minjun threw his arms around Yoona's waist, calling out shyly, "umma..."

 

Yoona's heart melted there and then. She hugged him tightly, feeling the tears b her eyes. Minjun stayed in her embrace, burying his face in her stomach, keep still. Jiyong, who witnessed the scene, couldn't help but spreaded his arms out, enveloping the two of them in his arms. 

 

"Umma, why are you crying?" Minjun broke apart and looked up, resting his small hands on Yoona's cheeks. 

 

"A-Anniyo... I-I'm just too happy..." Yoona sniffed, pinching his cheeks gently. "You're not angry at me?"

 

Minjun pur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter