Three.

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Kwon's Apartment-

 

"From now on, this will be your home." 

 

"Thank you, Mrs. Kwon..." 

 

"Remember what I said? Call me Jooyeon." 

 

"Y-Yes..." 

 

Jooyeon walked Yoona around their apartment. Though it wasn't huge like a mansion, Yoona liked it. It was definitely much bigger than her 400-square feet house and she loved the design. There was an ornate chandelier hanging down from ceiling of the dining table and artistic paintings that were hanged on the walls. The house was designed with a minimalistic concept in mind and she loved it.

 

"Obscure painting isn't it?" Jooyeon's voice brought her out of her thoughts. "My husband's idea. He always have an artistic mind. Too artistic." 

 

Yoona could see the glint in her eyes even though she was badmouthing about her husband. She gave a small smile, "it's beautiful."

 

"Jiyong designed this house," Jooyeon said proudly. "I like it too. Though I think more wild colours would be nicer." 

 

Yoona was shown to her room and was introduced to the helper as well. 

 

"I'll leave you to settle down. Do join us for dinner later at 7.30. Auntie Lee's cooking is superb." 

 

"Thanks a lot, Jooyeon-sshi." 

 

"Don't mention it. I should be the one thanking you. You're making such a huge sacrifice," Jooyeon smiled and patted her hand. "Make yourself comfortable during your stay here. It's important for both your health and the baby's." 

 

"I would." 

 

Yoona started unpacking her stuffs after Jooyeon left her alone. She didn't bring much things to begin with, so unpacking was hassle-free and fast. Settling down, she inhaled and let out a deep sigh as she laid down on the bed, eyes looking around her room; her room for the next nine months. From having a room that was barely enough to exhale into, she now had a room with a full bathroom attached to it. From the cozy 70-square feet room that she shared with her sister, she was now occupying an over 200-square feet bedroom all by herself. Suddenly, she felt empty.

 

She was already homesick. It's kind of obvious that she's being treated like a queen because of the life moving inside her belly and she could totally understand it. After all, who was she to the Kwons if it wasn't for the fact that she'd be giving them a baby?

 

"Thanks so much, buddy..." Touching her belly, Yoona whispered. 

 

This would be a brand new chapter, with challenges and adaptations to overcome. 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

"I'm home~" 

 

"Welcome back, hun!" Jooyeon zoomed towards her husband.

 

"Wow. Someone is welcoming me home instead of shopping with her friends nor having schedules?" Jiyong was pleasantly surprised as he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer as he inhaled deeply. "Ahhh~ I could live with this welcome everyday." 

 

"Fat hope," Jooyeon scrunched her nose and chimed. "Well, guess like this blurhead forget about today~"

 

"Uhm? What about today? Anniversary? Birthday? Oh come on, everyday is your birthday in my calendar," Jiyong answered smoothly. 

 

"One of the reasons why I ing love Kwon Jiyong," Jooyeon rested her forehead against his and leaned in closer. 

 

"S-Sorry!" 

 

The couple was about to kiss when Yoona appeared from her room and witnessed this scene accidentally. Yoona was embarrassed. She was alright if they treated her as invisible, but not to this extend at least! There's an outsider in their house for god's sake! Couldn’t they just have their private moments in their own room instead?! Damn.

 

"Y-Yoona-sshi..." Jiyong too, was embarrassed. He broke apart from Jooyeon and feigned coughs, finally recalling that today was the day that this woman was moving in.

 

"J-Jiyong-sshi..." Yoona stuttered miserably and had her head down.

 

"Oh Yoona!" Jooyeon on the other hand was clearly not affected at all as she wrapped her arm around her husband's waist. "My husband is back. We can have dinner now!" 

 

"S-Sure!" 

 

Yoona looked up and gave a smile, making her way to the dining room first, leaving the couple behind. She made a mental note to watch where she's going in this house next time. 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

"So Yoona, you're a teacher? That's a tough job isn't it?" 

 

Dinner was fine, with Jiyong being quiet most of the time and Jooyeon having a Q&A session with Yoona. 

 

"Yeahs, I teach middle-schoolers. I'm taking up classes now to eventually be able to teach the college kids. It's tough, but most of the time, they're a bundle of joy."

 

"Don't think I can ever relate to that," Jooyeon commented. "Still prefer walking down the runway and the night life it comes with~" 

 

"You're gorgeous. You're made for the runway," Yoona chuckled and joked. "Meanwhile, I'm a nerd and prefer to stay at home and read a book instead." 

 

Jiyong looked at her when she made the joke. To date, he's still rather curious about this girl sitting in front of him. She did gave a good first impression and now, when they met again, it seemed like his impression of hers just got better. The way she talked about her job, though briefly, he could tell from her expression that she genuinely loved children and was passionate about her job as an educator. When she said that she's a nerd, he felt like laughing. 

 

Even if she's a nerd, she's probably the most beautiful one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter