Nineteen.

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Two weeks later. PEACEMINUSONE office vicinity-

 

"Yoona imo, Yoona imo! I've an idea!" 

 

"Look at you, having sauce all over your face," Yoona wiped his mouth with a serviette but couldn't seem to rub that affectionate grin off her face. "What idea do you have again, big guy?" 

 

"Let's go visit appa!" 

 

Things had been great. Two weeks of babysitting and Yoona was still enjoying it. Of course like any other kids, Minjun had his tantrums and meltdowns but most of the time, he was the cute, witty little guy. Yoona couldn't help but be amazed at how Jiyong (or maybe a little of Jooyeon) had brought this kid up. As a kid, he knew his place well and was definitely a well-mannered kid. He was good with his studies and just like his father, Yoona felt that he was artistically inclined and he definitely have the flare for details. 

 

Yoona had been a dutiful babysitter, taking care of Minjun, as well as tidying the house, even though Jiyong had insisted that he would employ a part-time cleaner during weekends to clean up the house. Though school had closed, the extra curriculum classes for Minjun continued and hence, explained the reason why they were around Jiyong's office. 

 

"Your appa is busy at work. Let's not disturb him. We can wait for him to come home?" Yoona suggested diplomatically, rejecting the idea smartly. 

 

"We'll give him a surprise! He likes surprises!" Minjun rebutted. "Appa will be very HAPPY to see me! Oh, and he'll be very ELATED to see Yoona imo too! I promise!" 

 

Yoona shook her head in defeat as she looked at the animated Minjun. What a glib! She knew he was just trying to coax her and well, the main reason he was THAT excited to visit Jiyong was because he wanted to delay returning home as reaching home meant he had to do more volin practices. The teacher had commented that Minjun was a brilliant student but it would be even better if he was a tad bit more hardworking. 

 

"Yoona imoooooo. Pleaseeeeeeee?" Minjun flashed his puppy eyes at Yoona; his final blow. 

 

Yoona wanted to be stern but... "Araso araso. We'll visit him for awhile and we've to be back by 4 okay? Ms. Seo had mentioned that you're selected for the violin recital. You need to have more practice. Deal?" 

 

"5?" Minjun bargained.

 

"4.30 or no deal," Yoona was firm on her stand this time as she stood up and grab her bag. 

 

"Okay okay! D-Deal..." Minjun answered weakly.

 

"Let's go!" Yoona broke into laughters as she carried him up. 

 

Minjun could only sulk and roll his eyes. 

 

Adults~ 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

"Hi, we're looking Mr. Kwon Jiyong..." Yoona, with Minjun in her arms, approached the receptionist. 

 

"Do you have an app-" The receptionist looked up and trailed off as she stared in utter shock. "M-Minjun?!" 

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo Dara imo!" Minjun flashed his cheeky grin as he greeted. "I'm here to see my appa!" 

 

Dara couldn't masked her shock as she looked at the woman in front of her. She had never seen this woman before but Minjun was wrapping his little arms around her neck affectionately, as though they were in a close relationship. She knew their chairman had divorced with his model wife recently but she had never seen this woman with their boss before. Is she the new Mrs Kwon? Or is she just a babysitter? Whatever it is, she had to say, this woman was a real beauty. As a woman, she too, was attracted by the elegance she exuded and how she did not even have to try hard to be pretty. 

 

"Your appa is having an important meeting with your Youngbae samchon now though... Fendi representatives dropped by today and they're having a discussion," Dara ruffled Minjun's hair and answered. 

 

"See? I told you your appa is busy. Let's go home first uhm?" Yoona coaxed. 

 

"Aniiiii. You promised it's 4.30pm! We can wait!" Minjun disagreed and started to throw a tantrum. "I want to see appa!"

 

Afraid that he would make too much of a commotion and disturb the meeting, Dara stepped in immediately, "how about you guys wait in sajangnim's room first?" 

 

Yoona knew where she was coming from and she too, did not want to disrupt that important meeting. She nodded and followed behind quickly, bringing Minjun along. 

 

"You little rascalllll," Yoona chided as she pinched Minjun's nose. 

 

"Hehe," Minjun wrinkled his nose playfully. "Yoona imo, have you seen my appa when he's working? He is very handsome!" 

 

Yoona pursed her lips as she thought about Minjun's question. She did not exactly witness Jiyong at work but she did saw him dressed in tuxedo and suits, all ready for work. She had to agree... He did look very handsome. 

 

"U-Uhm... N-No..." For some unknown reason, Yoona felt guilty lying. 

 

"But when he's at home, he dressed so shabbily!" Minjun continued to badmouth his father mercilessly. "It's unfair! He always scolds me when I'm running around without a shirt but he is always walking around the house without a shirt! Halmeoni Lee always nags at him too." 

 

Without a shirt on... Looks like he was still the same, walking around the house without a shirt around. The first morning when she woke up and bumped into him... 

 

"Yoona imo? Are you okay? Why is your face so red?" Minjun asked innocently.

 

"A-Ani! Y-You see wrongly!" Yoona blinked, willing herself back to reality. "I-It's just a little warm here!" 

 

"Really?" Minjun tilted his head and looked at her curiously.

 

"Y-Yes! Do you want to do something while waiting for appa?" Yoona feigned coughs and tried to divert his attention away. 

 

"Yes! I want to play a game! Yoona imo, let's play a game!" Something seemed to strike Minjun as he started his little plan.

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

"Very well. We look forward to this collaboration, Ms. Fendi," Jiyong gave a firm handshake as they concluded the meeting.

 

"We too, have really high expectations of this, Mr. Kwon," Fendi designer, Silvia Venturini Fendi, returned the handshake with the same passion. 

 

"I'll see you out, Silvia," Youngbae ended the conversation, gesturing their guests out. 

 

Jiyong watched them left the office before turning around, walking towards his room. He walked passed the reception and Dara called out.

 

"Sajangnim!"

 

"I thought I've already established the fact that you can call me by my name even in office, noona," Jiyong smirked. "Everyone thinks that we're an item already anyway. Since you're the only one with all three pairs of Paranoise." 

 

"Heol," Dara rolled her eyes. "You've the audacity to mention this. I'm the receptionist, the secretary and also the PR director! If it wasn't the fact that I helped in the promotion on my Instagram, people would not have misunderstand! Donghae was pretty upset you know! It took me two days to pacify him!"

 

"I thought our relationship is stronger than this, noona~" Jiyong feigned a sad expression, trying to tease Dara. "I divorced my wife for you, noona." 

 

"Stop!" Dara shrieked and covered her ears. "Stop acting cute. If only the public sees t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter