Nine.

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-One month later. Kwon's Apartment-

 

"If I hadn't know better, I would say you and Youngbae are more than just best friends," Jooyeon tried to suppress her laughters. "Even in terms of injuring your legs, you guys are in sync." 

 

"I fractured mine one week after his alrights," Jiyong pouted. "Quit making fun already. You guys had been using this as your joke for the past two weeks." 

 

"Awww, grumpy old man~" Jooyeon laughed as she pinched his cheeks affectionately. "At least you can remove your cast today~" 

 

"You're not accompanying me right?" 

 

"Schedule calls, no choice~" Jooyeon planted a generous kiss on his cheek. "Now, be good and I'll see you later tonight okay? Call me once you'd your cast removed." 

 

"Always getting off the hook with a kiss," Jiyong shook his head in defeat. "Be safe." 

 

"Love you!" 

 

Jiyong bade goodbye to his wife, as he watched her left the house. Well, another month had passed and indeed, things were back to normal, at least on the surface. The couple chose to forgive and forget, moving on with their life. The one month had been rather peaceful, with the only issue being Jiyong fracturing his leg while he was out on a business meeting and had to be on cast. 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

"Yah Lee Seungri! You can't be doing this to me! I can't drive!" Jiyong shouted in exasperation over the phone. "How am I supposed to get to the hospital!?" 

 

Jiyong was due to remove his cast and had arranged Seungri to be his chauffeur. Youngbae had an important meeting to attend on his behalf and Seungri, who was supposed to be the chauffeur, called to take a raincheck as his company had an urgent meeting and him, being the CEO, had to be present. Jooyeon was having her schedule and well, Yuri still hadn't been speaking much to him as she claimed that she'd only start befriending him when she saw Yoona talking to him.

 

Talking about Yoona, Jiyong felt bad. After that incident, he had not spoken much to her, let alone apologising. The day after the commotion, he had wanted to apologise but she seemed to be avoiding both him and Jooyeon. She stopped having dinner with them, using her constant hunger as an excuse to have an early dinner. Whenever they bumped into each other along the corridor, Yoona would have her head hung low, avoiding all eye contact. He did try to speak up but the moment he called her name, she would look up, gave a distant smile and said that she's tired or feeling unwell, and before he could give a reply, she had disappeared back to her room. Yuri had reprimanded him badly after that day and had refused to talk to him for a full week. According to Youngbae, Yuri finally talked to him after a week because Yoona had persuaded her to do so and claimed that things between them had returned back to normal. Yuri, of course, wasn't an idiot, but knew better not to expose her and decided to talk to Jiyong again. 

 

"You gotta be kidding me... There's not even one freaking cab at this hour?!" Jiyong muttered in annoyance as he tried calling for cab service for the umpteenth time. Even KakaoTaxi service wasn't available the moment the drivers knew that he was on cast. "I'm missing my appointment!" 

 

He's only on a freaking cast, not paralysed for god's sake! So much for being a non-discriminatory society. 

 

"Have some patience Jiyong," Auntie Lee comforted. "How about I accompany you down to flag a cab?" 

 

"I don't want to be a burden to you, Auntie Lee. God knows how long it would take for a cab to finally stop by. I can't stand for long and it'll be too tough on you to support me," Jiyong continued to tap on his phone in frustration. 

 

"Yoona!" Auntie Lee called out as she saw Yoona walking out of her room. 

 

"A-Auntie Lee... Jiyong-sshi..." Yoona muttered a curse under her breath before looking up and gave a polite smile, but was quick to notice the frown on Jiyong's face. "Something happened?" 

 

"Oh, this angsty kid," Auntie Lee chuckled. "He's due to remove his cast but could not get a cab at this hour. Oh right! Yoona! I remembered you once told me you have a driving license right? You can drive Jiyong there!" 

 

"W-What?!" 

 

Jiyong looked up, eyes lighting up. "A-Auntie Lee is speaking the truth?" 

 

"Yes, but-"

 

"Awesome! You're a life saviour!" Jiyong exclaimed, totally forgotten the fact that they were no longer on talking terms. 

 

"I'll go grab the car key for you!" Auntie Lee ran to the room, bringing Jiyong's car key and handed to Yoona.

 

Before Yoona could make any sense, she was out of the house, in the basement carpark. 

 

"Okay... Mirrors checked, break checked, headlights..." Yoona mumbled to herself as she gripped tightly on the steering wheel. 

 

Looking at her nervous posture, Jiyong asked, "something is wrong?" 

 

"I... I haven't been driving for quite some time..." Yoona finally admitted. 

 

"Please don't tell me you haven't been driving since the day you passed your test," Jiyong couldn't help but be amused. 

 

"I-I did drove once using the school's car to the camping site!" Yoona's face was tinged red with embarrassment, but was defensive. "I've my license and everything. Just not very confident..." 

 

"Well then. They say practice boosts confidence," Jiyong bit back a giggle and replied in an even tone. "Let's go." 

 

Yoona was cursing Jiyong a million times over, in her heart. 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

It finally dawned on Jiyong that his relation with Yoona wasn't that good. The atmosphere inside the car was awkward and Jiyong was silently blaming Jooyeon for bringing him to see such a reowned doctor for his injury. If it wasn't for the fact that it's hard to fix an appointment with this doctor,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter