Five.

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Few days later. Kwon's Apartment-

 

"Appa! Umma!"

 

"Hyung!/Oppa!" 

 

It was a gathering night for the Kwons. It was a tradition for the Kwons to hold a bi-monthly gathering at each other's house and this time, it was Jiyong's and Jooyeon's turn. This time round, beside having old Mr and Mrs Kwon and Dami, they invited Youngbae and Yuri, as well as Seungri. 

 

And of course, the new addition, Yoona. 

 

"E-Erm... I-I guess I'll head into my room first..." Yoona felt really out of place when the friends and family arrived, hugging and interacting with each other. 

 

"Oh Yoona! Come join us!" Jooyeon was quick to stop her as she pulled her towards the dining table. "Don't be shy! It'll be fun!" 

 

When all eyes were on her, she swore she just wanted to retreat back into her shell and not come out. It's not like she had never met the other Kwons before, but it was the first time she met their friends and it seemed like it's a thousand times scarier than the first day of school where she had to face twenty over kids in a class.

 

"H-Hi I'm I-Im Yoona..." Yoona knew there wasn't a way to escape and she's pretty sure Jooyeon wouldn't allow either.

 

"I'm Yuri!" Yuri was the first to greet her. "Nice to meet you!" 

 

Jiyong raised his eyebrows at Youngbae who in turn shrugged his shoulders. Yuri, on the other hand, caught it and mouthed to Jiyong 'I like her'. Jiyong could only smile and shook his head. 

 

Typical Kwon Yuri; she expressed her likes and dislikes a little too obvious. 

 

"I'm Seungri. Nice to finally meet you, Yoona-sshi. Jiyong hyung didn't say that the surrogate mother is a beauty," Seungri, the outgoing one, was sure to make an introduction of himself as well. 

 

"Seungri yah!" Jiyong grimaced. 

 

"You flattered me, Seungri-sshi," a faint blush appeared on Yoona's face as she shook his hand. "Nice to meet you too." 

 

Youngbae followed thereafter and the Kwons greeted Yoona as well. 

 

"Yoona ah, is everything fine?" Dami asked. "It seemed like your tummy got bigger since the last time I see you." 

 

"Noona, there's a baby in it. Of course it'll grow bigger. You should have one with Minjoon hyung to improve on your knowledge," Jiyong teased. 

 

"There's a thing call internet for me to research on, idiot. I don't have to go through nine months of torture to improve such knowledge," Dami snorted, which caused old Mrs. Kwon to elbow her on her choice of words. "Opps. Sorry Yoona, I mean-"

 

"It's okay Dami-sshi," Yoona smiled politely. "Everything is fine, copacetic in fact." 

 

"You still look very thin, Yoona. Eat more," old Mrs. Kwon picked up a piece of chicken, giving it to Yoona.

 

"Yoona, you're going to become a sow before you give birth," Dami whispered, loud enough for everyone to hear. 

 

This, caused everyone to laugh and kickstarted the entire gathering. 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

It turned out like what Jooyeon had expected. In fact, it was over her expectation. 

 

For a starter, old Mrs. Kwon, the one who wanted a grandchild the most, was around Yoona for the entire time, giving her maternity tips. Seungri, who was infamous for flocking around pretty girls, was trying to get Yoona's attention as well. Yuri was never one to click with her, so it's natural that she was talking to Yoona as well. The thing that she didn't get it was the fact that even old Mr. Kwon liked her! Old Mr. Kwon was never a man with much words. Though he did not interact much with Yoona, he expressed his fondness for her by giving her food during the entire dinner and that affectionate smile on his face! She's sure that he had never looked her in such a way before, not even during the night when she got married with his beloved son and he claimed that she's now his daughter. Youngbae, on the other hand, had always been a gentleman. He wasn't taking any side but she could tell that he's interested in this girl as well from his body language. Though he did keep a conversation going with her and Dami here and there. 

 

Then, there's her husband. Jiyong, was of course a sweetheart, ensuring that she's well taken care of for the entire night

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter