Twenty-Four.

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Seoul College-

 

"Yoona umma!"

 

All heads turned as Minjun ambled towards Yoona. 

 

"M-Minjun?"

 

Yoona was speechless as she looked up to see Minjun, as well as Jiyong walking towards her. Sure, they had kept in close contact even after school had started but never ever would she expect to see the father-son duo here in her school and what did Minjun call her just now again? 

 

"Yoona, this is..." 

 

"Yoona umma!" Minjun called out cheerfully again as he hugged her thighs affectionately. 

 

Yoona broke into a defeated chuckle, coming to a relisation behind this witty kid's actions; he was trying to fight for her attention. She picked him up with a smile, using a voice that was loud enough for everyone else to hear, "Kwon Minjun. My friend's son. He's a cheeky boy." 

 

An easy way to dispel all the possible rumors and speculation. The last thing she wanted was to have nasty rumors about her love life being spreaded in school. 

 

"Oh," Seunghyun's expression definitely cleared out the moment he heard her explanation as he reached out to ruffle Minjun's hair. "Hi there, little kiddo."

 

Minjun replied with a scowl and before he could reply, his father had joined them, "sorry. My son can be such a handful sometimes." 

 

Seunghyun turned around and saw Jiyong. At one glance he could recognise this man immediately, "you're PEACEMINUSONE CEO." 

 

"Yes I am," Jiyong agreed proudly, extending his arm out for a firm handshake. "Kwon Jiyong."

 

"Choi Seunghyun," Seunghyun returned the handshake. 

 

Seunghyun wasn't a tabloid fan but he had seen this man's interview in a couple of fashion magazines. He's a supporter for local designers and PEACEMINUSONE is one of the brands that he's looking out for. He was still a little doubtful when Yoona explained that Minjun was a friend's kid but upon seeing Jiyong claiming that Minjun is his son, he was elated. He had came across the papers which photographed him and his model wife looking very lovingly a couple of years back, so he was relieved that this guy wouldn't be a possible love rival.

 

"Sorry, I just picked him up after school and he said he missed you," Jiyong smiled sheepishly, addressing Yoona's presence. "You were busy just now, so we thought we would wait for you to end." 

 

"It's only one month since school started and you missed me already?" Yoona tickled Minjun before explaining to Seunghyun. "I took care of him during the winter break as his helper was away." 

 

"Oh..." Seunghyun wanted to ask why couldn't his mother take care of him but decided it'd be better to not pry into people's personal matters. "So that explains the busyness during the winter break huh. Too busy to even turn up for a meal." 

 

Jiyong was scowling at this guy's joke internally while Yoona was just amused by this big guy's manners. "Yeah yeah. To be fair, you were too busy with your chairs and paintings as well." 

 

"I was thinking if you'd be free for lunch with us," Jiyong spoke up, making his intentions clear. 

 

"Oh?" Yoona was surprised. "But-"

 

"Yoona imo," Minjun cut her off as he s his arm around her neck affectionately. "Let's go for lunch!" 

 

Yoona raised her brows at Seunghyun and he could only reply with a shrug. "I guess I'm losing to a kid again. Guess this meal can wait for a couple of days more then." 

 

"Tomorrow I'll be free," Yoona laughed. "I will be free for the sake of that wagyu beef." 

 

"I may not be free tomorrow," Seunghyun smirked. "However, for your sake, I can give it a serious consideration."

 

"Oh please, you would," Yoona rolled her eyes and turned to Jiyong. "Let's go." 

 

"See you around Jiyong-sshi," Seunghyun gave a smile. 

 

"See you, Seunghyun-sshi." 

 

Seunghyun watched as the trio left the hall, a smirk appeared on the crook of his lips. He was fairly confident about things being platonic between that two but somehow, from that last sentence from Jiyong, he felt that there was a huge threat and vengeance to it.

 

Now that's something interesting. 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

-The Steakhouse- 

 

Jiyong continued to observe as Yoona helped Minjun cut the piece of steak into tiny pieces for his easy consumption and every now and then, she would bend forward to wipe away the sauce at the corner of his lips or whether he needed anything else. Thank god he had listened to his mother about not driving his Aventendor when he's with the kid, if not, he wouldn't even know how on earth was Yoona going to come to lunch with them; she would probably end up going for her lunch appointment with that Choi Seunghyun. 

 

Thank god for Kwon Minjun too. If it wasn't for him, his lunch appointment would be the one that was postponed instead of Seunghyun's. He's sure that Minjun have a special and important position in Yoona's heart but as for himself, he was dubious about it. Thinking about that, made him felt a little uncomfortable and upset. 

 

"So, who's that Seunghyun guy?" When Minjun finally settled down and have his meal in silence, Jiyong asked, trying to sound as nonchalantly as possible.

 

"Seunghyun oppa?" Yoona sliced a piece of steak for herself as she answered. "He's the school's art teacher. Eccentric but interesting guy and oh, he loves art. You would probably click with him."

 

"Yeah right," Jiyong muttered sarcastically. "Click so well that we like the same girl even." 

 

"What?" 

 

"N-Nothing!" Jiyong stuttered, answering casually. "You guys seem rather close."

 

"Yeahs. He studies anthropology and I love listening to his findings. They're interesting," Yoona answered with a hint of admiration in her eyes. 

 

"Oh really? I would love to hear more about it too. Didn't know studying of remains in the past can be that interesting," Jiyong replied sarcastically. 

 

Yoona did not reply to that because she thought he sounded... offensive? Oh, and if she didn't know better, she thought he sounded like he was... Jealous?

 

Yes, jealous. 

 

"Are you perhaps... Jealous?" Yoona sniggered. 

 

"W-What? O-Of course not!" The prideful lion became defensive. "I-It's Minjun!" 

 

"What about me appa?" Minjun looked up from his food, face full of sauce as he looked at Jiyong innocently. 

 

Yoona let out a chuckle as she wiped his mouth, teasing, "nothing. Your appa is just saying that you're eating like a dirty little cat." 

 

"Ai doesn't like dirt though. She likes to and clean herself," Minjun answered cutely. 

 

"Aigoooo~" Yoona was in utter defeat. 

 

"A-Anyway, it's this little kiddo," Jiyong continued in a calmer tone after Minjun resumed back to his meal. "Y-You saw it. He purposely called you umma." 

 

"Like father like son," Yoona mumbled. 

 

"What?"

 

"Nothing," Yoona gave a toothy grin. "So, what brings you guys there?" 

 

"Minjun really misses you and well... We had a deal to have dinner soon right?" Jiyong frowned a little. "You forgot about it?" 

 

"No I haven't. I thought you'd been busy..." 

 

Truth was, Yoona had been waiting for him to ask her out. She had to admit, in the past, she was afraid. Afraid of meeting him again, afraid of being close and losing everything again, afraid of everything. However, after talking to Jungsuk and Daesung, her heart was at peace and she felt herself getting her courage back. The blindate with Jiyong was great and she was looking forward to another one, but of course, this man didn't keep up to his promise. She guessed he's probably busy with his work and with Minjun as well, but she thought at the very least, they could have a short lunch or dinner? He did keep in contact and they had been chatting, but the lunch/dinner date never did came. She was disappointed and thought perhaps, Daesung had predicted wrongly and just as she was about to treat life as per normal to hang out with another new guy, he appeared again.

 

Kwon Jiyong always knew how to appear at the exact time. 

 

"That explains today's lunch," Jiyong feigned coughs, a sudden guilt eating into him. "Anyway, I saw you coaching the kids just now. It's pretty good."

 

"Yoona imo is very good!" Minjun interjected. 

 

"Awww, thanks," Yoona ruffled Minjun's hair affectionately before replying Jiyong. "Thank you too." 

 

"You know, with such acting, you can be an actress already," Jiyong continued. "Why don't you want to be an actress?"

 

"I'm too old for the entertainment world," Yoona laughed. 

 

"JK Rowling, Oprah Winfrey, Alan Rickman, Morgan Freeman all rose to fame at a later age," Jiyong wasn't buying that excuse. "It's never too old for things." 

 

"I like performing, but I don't fancy the limelight that entertainment industry brings," Yoona answered with a shrug. "I know it's conflicting but it is what it is. You should understand though. Remember you once told me why you don't want to pursue music?"

 

"I don't like being under the limelight..." Jiyong breathed, pleasantly surprised that she remembered what he said even after so many years. 

 

"And I told you there'll come a time your brand would be so popular that the reporters would flock towards you," Yoona smiled and tilted her head, looking at him smugly. "Look where you're now." 

 

"Yeah yeah, you prophet," Jiyong snorted. "You win. Pretend I never asked." 

 

"Thank you~" 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

-One week later. PEACEMINUSONE Office-

 

"You should totally get Yoona on board! She'll be the PERFECT candidate for this runway!" 

 

"Though she has no runway experience, I agree too. Besides, she was the inspiration behind this fashion line anyway and had helped in perfecting this. We should get her help. She'll definitely meet our expectation and the feeling that you want to deliver to the audience." 

 

It was another round of meeting with Yuri, Youngbae and Jiyong. The Muse had successfully launched but due to the recent political instability, the fashion show was delayed. Initially, Yuri was to be th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter