Twenty-Five.

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Three months later. Mokran-

 

"S-Sorry... Because of me, you guys have to eat in a quiet diner..." Taeyeon said meekly.

 

"Don't worry. It's Lee Yeon Bok-nim's restaurant! I'd be satisfied even if we can't talk," Yoona smiled and turned to look at Daesung, smirking. "Oppa, I can't believe you managed to book this place. Pretty good choice eh."

 

"Of course. Someone is treating, of course I've to put in more effort in finding the place," Daesung returned with a sly smile. 

 

Jiyong raised his brows at the duo's interaction. 

 

"Uhm, Yoona, I think you better explain a little?" Daesung laughed, throwing a meaningful glance at Yoona. 

 

"We made a bet," Yoona turned to Jiyong and started explaining. "He said that if we're together, I'd owe him a meal." 

 

"I placed my bet on you, Jiyong-sshi," Daesung smiled. 

 

"Call me Jiyong," Jiyong was definitely appeased as he finally gave a smile to Daesung. 

 

Yoona rolled her eyes at the obvious change of expression and hissed at Daesung, "I thought you wouldn't extort me, but this place is expensive!"

 

"Well, I know you won't be the one paying anyway," Daesung spoke casually. "Jiyong-sshi, you'll be more than willing and happy to pay for this meal right?" 

 

"Sure thing," Jiyong agreed generously. 

 

Yoona raised a white flag and decided to ignore the guys, focusing on Taeyeon instead, "Taeyeon-sshi, I really love your songs!"

 

"T-Thank you..." 

 

"Taeng, it's okay. Don't worry so much. They won't expose your secrets to the press," Daesung teased.

 

"Y-Yah..." Taeyeon's face turned a shade redder as she elbowed him lightly. 

 

"Yeahs, don't worry Taeyeon-sshi. This guy over here can't meet the press too. Too many dark secrets," Yoona poked fun of Jiyong. "And I'm apparently a third party and homewrecker if press finds out." 

 

"O-Oh right..." Taeyeon spoke up. "I thought Jiyong-sshi is still with his wif... Never mind..."

 

"Heard that Kwon Jiyong?" Yoona pouted. 

 

"Awww, it's for Minjun's sake. I didn't have a choice and beside, I didn't give much thought previously. I never expect that I could be together with you," Jiyong coaxed.

 

"Pftt. More like you just wanna have your cake and eat it," Yoona scoffed. "Ignore him, Taeyeon-sshi."

 

"Call me Taeyeon will do."

 

"Taeyeon unnie then? Since you're older than me," Yoona smiled. "Tell me more about your story with Daesung oppa!" 

 

Lunch was superb, with delicious food and company. Taeyeon warmed up with the couple eventually and the lunch meetup went well. Yoona learned a lot more about Taeyeon and fell in love with her even more, knowing that she's the perfect girl for Daesung. Jiyong, on the other hand, was contented to stealing glances at his girlfriend when she's not looking, as well as to hold her hands whenever he felt like it. Honestly, he couldn't care less about Daesung since he was after all Yoona's suitor before and if it wasn't for the fact that he already has a girlfriend, he probably wouldn't even allow this meetup to happen.

 

"It sure feels good to have such a lunch setting huh," Daesung spoke up as he washed his hands. 

 

The couple had excused themselves to head to the washroom before footing the bill and splitting way.

 

"Yeahs," Jiyong did likewise and dried his hands. 

 

"I can see that you really love her," Daesung stood in front of Jiyong with a straight look. "Yoona is a good girl and deserves the best. She'd been through a lot, especially for you. So, I really hope you can treat her right. Don't let her down anymore."

 

A warning as a friend, a piece of advice from an ex love rival. 

 

"I won't," Jiyong looked at him with a determined and serious look. 

 

"Good," Daesung was back to his cheeky self. "Cause even you do, it's not only me you'd have to deal with. Probably a lot of her other suitors as well." 

 

Jiyong smirked, "I won't give any of you any chance to do that." 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

"Thanks for your meal. Next time, it should be our treat," Taeyeon said politely.

 

"Oh, don't mention about it. Like what Daesung said, I'm more than willing to pay for this meal," Jiyong smiled. "Honoured in fact." 

 

"Of course. Hopefully we'll have more such chances." Daesung winked. "Right Yoona?"

 

"I'm not going to be so stupid again," Yoona stuck her tongue out at him. 

 

"Araso araso. Stop exploiting people. It's not as if you're poor yourself," Taeyeon chided cutely. "Let's go. I've a schedule in an hour's time." 

 

"Yoona," before they go, Daesung called out. "Remember what I've told you before."

 

You're entitled to a normal life and I wish you can finally let down your guards and find your happiness. Truly...

 

Yoona caught it immediately as she gave a smile, "I know. I wish you too..." 

 

They shared a farewell hug and parted ways. 

 

"You and Daesung seemed to have a lot of little secrets huh," when they're out of sight, Jiyong spoke up, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible but failing miserably. "Making a bet initially and now a wish for each other?" 

 

Yoona recalled what Daesung said and let out a laugh, linking her arm around Jiyong's, "you're jealous?"

 

"Nopes." 

 

"Okay, you're definitely jealous," Yoona shrieked. "Kwon Jiyong, you're such a pot of vinegar!"

 

"A-Am not!" Jiyong could feel his cheeks heating up. 

 

"Aigoooo. You're so cute when you're jealous," Yoona jested. "I thought PEACEMINUSONE CEO is a very confident and prideful man." 

 

"When it comes to you, I've no confidence at all," Jiyong finally let out a sigh as he turned her around. 

 

That made Yoona's heart melt as her expression softened. However, Jiyong had an utter change of expression, letting out a cheeky grin, "Gotcha." 

 

"L-Liarrrrr!" Yoona found herself being conned and got agitated. "Get back here Kwon Jiyong!" 

 

It had been three months since they got together officially and Jiyong felt that he had taken the best leap of faith ever. The only thing he regretted was the fact of not confessing his love for her sooner. It's been only three months but he felt like they had been together like a pair of old couple, so compatible, so at ease. Of course, they weren't youths in love anymore. They could go on for days not seeing each other but when they did, they matched just like that. 

 

"Yah, as much as I like that double date, I want a proper couple date now," Jiyong turned around and caught her in his arms, pouting away. "You owe me one, Im Yoona."

 

"Hello, we ditched Minjun so many times to go on couple dates already. Since when do I owe you?" She wrapped her arms around his neck, raising her brows.

 

"Couple dates with the one you love will never be enough," Jiyong wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer, whispering. "You should be glad that I'd only want to have couple dates with you and they never seem to be enough." 

 

"Sure~ I'm so honoureddddd~" Yoona threw her head back and giggled. 

 

"Any place in mind?" 

 

"Uhm... Amusement park?" Yoona pursed her lips and an idea pop out from her head.

 

"You're still a kid?" Jiyong chuckled. 

 

"W-Wae! It's THE dating place, for all ages!" Yoona slapped his chest. "Besides, when we go to amusement parks now, we'd have to bring Minjun along. There's no chance for us to enjoy it wholly."

 

"For the first time ever, Im Yoona is saying Kwon Minjun is a hassle?" Jiyong raised an interested brow. 

 

"A-Am not!" Yoona huffed and walked away. "Alrights. It's okay. We'll just go back home and accompany Minjun. My most favourite date." 

 

"Araso araso. Man, you're getting more and more bossy," Jiyong quickly grabbed hold of her wrist and made their way to the car. "Your wish is my command~ Amusement park it shall be~" 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

"Let's try this!" 

 

"I want to eat that!" 

 

"Omo! This is so cute!" 

 

Indeed. Without having a kid around, Yoona had let loose. This was the first time he had ever seen her being so uplifted and carefree. Ever since he knew her, there was a certain sadness and worry in her eyes. Even when she's smiling, he could tell that she was sad and when they met each other again, the sadness and worry in her eyes got worse. It made him frown knowing that he was probably part of the sadness behind that pair of beautiful eyes. 

 

But right now, he was relieved, he was elated to see her smiling so brightly, so confidently. 

 

"I think you're even crazier than Minjun," Jiyong wiped her stained lips with the tissue affectionately. "At least I could use my appa's authority to stop him from eating so much unhealthy snacks." 

 

"Well, you can use your boyfriend's authority?" 

 

"And you'd listen?"

 

"Nopes," Yoona gave a toothy grin. "You know, I've always wanted to come play at the amusement park. When we're young, appa and umma will bring unnie and I here and we would have so much fun..." 

 

Yes. It was her wish to come to the amusement park. She had a lot of wonderful memories as a child but ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter