Thirty-Three.

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-One week later. Kwon's Bungalow-

 

"What are you up to this time round again, Kwon Jiyong?" Yoona mused. "I overheard you telling your son that you'll get him a Harry Potter book and what is that about forbidding to call to say goodnight?" 

 

"Our son you mean," Jiyong wrapped his arm comfortably around her shoulders as they walked into the bungalow. "Nothing~ It's just that I want some private time, just the two of us, ALONE. Man, through this one week, it had already been established that I'm not the first place in your heart." 

 

"Always being jealous of your own son~" Yoona ignored his grumbles and headed straight for the master bedroom. "I'm going to take a shower." 

 

"Let's do it together!"

 

"Try harder! Always seizing every opportunity you have." 

 

Yoona closed the door right in his face; Jiyong could only smiled in utter defeat. 

 

It's been a week since the press conference. It's been nothing but great moments. Things with the media had finally came to a close with the wrap up. The press had nothing but good words for Yoona, about how benevolent and generous she was, about how beautiful she looked etc. On the other spectrum, Jooyeon lost commercial deals and several runway opportunities as the bad publicity plagued her and Kim Jaehyuk. Eventually, Kim Jaehyuk was reported to have cut off all ties with her, leaving her all alone to face the press. Jooyeon had wanted to salvage the situation, reaching out to Jiyong on several occasions but the latter was firm on his decision, leaving the matter to Seungri, Youngbae and his lawyer to reach a common ground. After all, it wasn't the monetary compensation that he was after. Apart from the fact that she has to make a public apology to Yoona, he was fine with the rest of the clauses. Hence, he was comfortable to leave the decision to the others while he brought Yoona and Minjun to Maldives for a couple of days to have some long-awaited peace and tranquility.

 

Maldives was great, apart from the several occasions where Minjun practically stuck to Yoona like a glue, leaving him no ground to stand nor to capture her attention. He only had that several hours during the night after Minjun fell asleep and even that, was disturbed, since that son of his insisted to sleep in the middle, even though the resort that he had booked had more than enough rooms for him to roll around. 

 

His reason? 

 

He had not slept with his mother for the longest time ever. 

 

Of COURSE Yoona would be bought over. Jiyong remembered rolling his eyes at Minjun's sneaky plan and he caught him giggling! But whenever Yoona looked over, he would act like a cute, harmless son, earning all her love and adoration while all that was left for him was hits on the arms for being childish and bullying a kid. Jiyong briefly wondered where did his son learn to be that sly and crafty and pushed the blame to Seungri (again) conveniently. 

 

Therefore, before all her love was stolen, Jiyong sent Minjun straight to his sister's house the moment they landed back in Korea. 

 

"Let me help you."

 

He showered in the other room and made sure he was faster than Yoona. By the time Yoona was out, he was comfortably lying against the headboard, flipping through a magazine mindlessly. Yoona sat in front of the vanity table, drying her hair when he walked over and took the hairdryer from her.

 

"You're acting really funny today, Kwon Jiyong," Yoona chuckled but let him be nonetheless. "The moment we were in the plane, you dropped the bomb of sending Minjun over to spend the night with Dami unnie and now, you're drying my hair for me? Did you do something wrong or are you hiding things from me again?" 

 

"Yeahs, because that brat will definitely ruin my plan," Jiyong mumbled under his breath.

 

"Uhm?"

 

"N-Nothing!" Jiyong became flustered as he gave a smile, running his fingers through her matted hair. "Miss, I clearly remember offering to dry your hair back in Maldives but you chose to let that son of yours dry it for you." 

 

"So petty~ Isn't it good to train him from young? So he'll know how to treat girls right," Yoona shook her head at his jealousy. "Learning well from his father~" 

 

"Finally a praise for me?" Jiyong cocked his brows up and started combing her hair, looking through their reflection in the mirror. 

 

Due to the Maldives sun, she looked exteremly charming with her sunkissed features. They looked compatible in the mirror; so loving, so amiable. There wasn't a single doubt that this woman was the one that he would want to spend the rest of his life with. 

 

"Give me a minute." 

 

Jiyong walked out of the room suddenly, leaving Yoona in bewilderment. She could hear the urgent shuffling of footsteps and within minutes, Jiyong came back up, holding a stalk of daisy and was panting away. 

 

The daisy was from the bouquet that he had given her a day after their blindate; the lone daisy left from the bouquet.

 

"What are you up to, Kwon Jiyong?" Yoona was puzzled and for some unknown reason, she could feel her heart beating wildly against her chest. 

 

"When I first gave this bouquet to you, there were 9 sunflowers and 3 daisies," Jiyong stabilised his breathings, coming closer to her. "I heard that your favourite number is 93 and I was hoping one day, I would get the chance to tell you the meaning behind the 3 daisies."

 

Yoona looked at him, waiting for him to continue.

 

"As you know, daisy is my favourite flower. Well, PEACEMINUSONE logo is daisy too," Jiyong smiled. "And... 3 daisies actually represent me,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter