Twenty-Six.

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-One month later. Kwon's Bungalow- 

 

"Happy Birthday Minjunnie!" 

 

"Kamsahaminda!"

 

It was Minjun's birthday and everyone that was being invited had came. 

 

"Minjun oppa, saengil chukahae!" 

 

"Haewonnie!" 

 

As per Minjun's wish, his birthday theme was indeed Avengers (much to Jiyong's distaste) and Yoona had put in a lot of effort to organise this birthday party. 

 

"Yoong, it's really well done! There're activities for both kids and adults," Yuri praised as she looked around, watching the kids having a fun time.

 

"I can see the love and effort being put in here," Dami added.

 

"Of course, she needs to hand in this piece of assignment beautifully. It's her first assignment as the possible female owner of this house," Jiyong announced proudly as he wrapped his arm around Yoona's shoulders casually.

 

"I'm just trying to preserve a poor kid's wish," Yoona snorted as she elbowed his stomach. "If the organiser is his dad, he probably will cry a river. Unnie, do you know that he actually argued with Minjun over Avengers and DC?"

 

"Not surprising. This isn't the first time. My husband and him debated over this before too," Dami laughed. "Guys will never grow up."

 

"It's okay. Youngbae and him argued over Captain America is better or Ironman," Yuri chuckled.

 

Yoona rolled her eyes in response and let out an exaggerated sigh while everyone laughed at her reaction. 

 

"Still a lot to get used to, woman," Jiyong teased as he leaned in towards her affectionately. 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

The party went on as planned and it was so perfect that both of them almost forgotten the unhappy discussion that happened a month ago. Until...

 

"Baby!"

 

"Umma!" 

 

The cake was brought out and everyone gathered to sing Minjun a birthday song. Minjun blew the candles hard and everyone cheered. Yoona had volunteered to cut the cake for everyone and the Kwons helped to serve the guests. When the commotion died down, a voice rang from a distance and everyone's head shot up. Minjun was literally grinning from ear to ear as he ran excitedly towards the voice.

 

"Happy birthday my baby! You're five now!" Jooyeon had came with a wrapped present, wearing a pair of shades and a fiery red dress. 

 

The kids' parents were murmuring and giving a puzzled look. The Kwons were frowning away while Jiyong had the darkest expression ever. Youngbae, Seungri and Yuri went to Yoona's side immediately, giving her a concerned look but the latter simply responded with a smile.

 

"Umma, I thought you wouldn't be coming!" Minjun exclaimed. "But you came!" 

 

"Of course I would come. It's my baby's birthday~" Jooyeon handed Minjun his gift and showered him with kisses, causing him to giggle. 

 

"What are you doing here?" Jiyong walked towards the pair, asking coldly. 

 

Jiyong hadn't expect Jooyeon's appearance at all. Yoona did ask him to give Jooyeon a call to inform her about the party but Jiyong brushed it off. From the start, he hadn't planned on inviting her at all. Minjun is a kid after all and wouldn't think about her if he's surrounded by friends and was having fun. Jiyong came to a realisation that if she was not there during Minjun's toughest period of time, then there's no right for her to be here with him now. Besides, it's about time he made his stand clear to avoid hurting Yoona. Looking at this scene now, he swore that the very next day, words would start spreading in school. Those mums would gossip about this and would assume Yoona to be the fake female owner, which totally wasn't the case at all. 

 

"My son called me. Of course I would be here," Jooyeon answered in a matter-of-fact tone.

 

Her son? What audacity! 

 

Jiyong glared fiercely at Minjun who had a guilty expression, hiding his face into Jooyeon's chest. 

 

"You need to go, now," Jiyong kept his voice soft but stern.

 

"You're the one that told me to visit when I'm free. What's with this attitude now," Jooyeon smirked and threw a glance over at Yoona who was standing there awkwardly. "Ahhh. Afraid of people calling her vixen?" 

 

"Scram!" Jiyong lost his cool as he shouted. 

 

The lively atmosphere became cold and awkward with his shout and everyone started leaving. It was after all a family matter and the parents were smart enough to not get involved. The others helped to see the guests out and within minutes, it was down to only close family and friends. 

 

"Kwon Minjun, are you going to come here or not?" Jiyong was losing his patience. 

 

Minjun stared at Jiyong with tears b in his eyes but was stubborn as a mule as he continued to cling onto Jooyeon. 

 

"If you're not coming here, then you can go home with her. Don't ever come back," Jiyong bellowed. 

 

Upon hearing his final verdict, Minjun was scared but he continued to be adamant and kept mum, staring at Jiyong fiercely. Jooyeon, on the other hand, was quick to react. She bent down and whispered into Minjun's ears. Within the next few minutes, Minjun nodded his head and dragged his feet towards Jiyong reluctantly. 

 

"I'll see you again soon, Jiyong~" Jooyeon cooed and threw a smirk at Yoona. "And you too, Im Yoona." 

 

She ignored everyone's glares of disapproval and walked off. 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

Anger was radiating from Jiyong's every pore and no one dared to utter a word as they cleaned up the place. Minjun, however, was another tough nut to crack. The moment Jooyeon was gone, he had ran into the living room to be by himself, to open his presents. Everyone (except for Jiyong) tried talking to him, but was ignored. Yoona, who was the last one to try her luck, apparently was the culprit for his silence. 

 

"Minjun ah, shall we take a shower first? It's getting late," Yoona asked nicely.

 

Minjun turned his back against her and continued to play with his presents. Jiyong, who was sitting on the sofa, was clearly fuming. Yoona, who witnessed it, shot a disapproved look at him, causing him to back down. 

 

"If you don't want to shower yet, how about we change a set of clothes? It's hot in this clothes right?" Yoona tried again. 

 

"Stop bothering me!" For the first time ever, Minjun shouted at Yoona.

 

Everyone gasped in shock and that did the final blow as Jiyong got up and pulled Minjun up angrily, "apologise. Now." 

 

Minjun bit his lips hard. Everyone stood there, looking worriedly. 

 

"Ji-," Yoona tried to diffuse the bomb that was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter