Twenty-Seven.

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-The next day. Kwon's Bungalow- 

 

"Auntie Lee."

 

"Thank god you're here, Yoona. I guess only you can diffuse this situation now." 

 

Yoona dropped by early morning after receiving a call from Jiyong's housekeeper. The moment she followed Auntie Lee to the dining table, she almost burst out laughing. There the father-son sat, each with a scowl on their face.

 

"Yoong/Yoona imo..." Noticing her arrival, both of them turned to look at her simultaneously and gave the same pitiful expression. 

 

No one would believe that they're not father and son. 

 

"Good morning you two," Yoona tried to suppress her chuckles, taking a seat at the front of the table, in between the both of them.

 

Breakfast was served and like what Auntie Lee had told her over the phone, the atmosphere WAS frosty. 

 

"Can you stop acting like a kid? Are you 32 or 2!?" Yoona nagged at Jiyong. 

 

That caused Minjun to gloat at his father while Jiyong pouted away. However, Minjun didn't gloat for long as Yoona chidded him as well after she's done with Jiyong, "Kwon Minjun, what are you laughing at? Didn't we had a promise last night? You're supposed to say sorry to your daddy." 

 

It was Jiyong's turn to snigger while watching his son getting scolded. Yoona looked at the both of them and gave a sigh, "you two! Just apologise to each other and move on." 

 

They looked at each other and burst into laughters, causing Yoona to be mad, "I'm sorry?" 

 

"Why do we need to get controlled by you?" Jiyong asked. "We settle it in the man's way." 

 

"Yes," Minjun backed him up. "Ready appa?"

 

"Waiting for you." 

 

"1, 2, 3!" Minjun started slurping his cereal crazily.

 

"You schemer!" Jiyong followed directly thereafter.

 

Yoona looked at them in disbelief as they polished off their respective bowl of cereal quickly. 

 

"Done!/Done!" Jiyong shouted first while Minjun came a close second behind. 

 

"Aishhhh!" Minjun gave a frustrated howl but eventually he cleared his throat and apologised. "Appa, mianhaeyo..." 

 

"Araso," Jiyong ruffled his hair. "Apology accepted. I'm sorry too. I got too agitated last night." 

 

Yoona raised her brows at them, wondering what on earth just happened. A minute ago, they were showing each other nasty expression and right now, they made up and became like the best father-son duo ever? 

 

"So... Am I the only one who didn't get the memo?" Yoona asked. "Then why did Auntie Lee call me over?" 

 

"She always worrying for nothing," they said in sync and let out a cheeky grin.

 

Yoona could only chuckle in defeat. "So the man's way is by winning the cereal challenge?"

 

They nodded, giving a very serious expression. Yoona was in a total defeat. She grabbed her bag and was about to leave, "guess I'm also worrying for nothing right? I'm going to head to school." 

 

Jiyong shot a meaningful glance at Minjun who caught it immediately and caught Yoona's hand. 

 

"Eh?" Yoona looked down to see his cheeks slightly flushed. 

 

"Yoona imo, I... I'm sorry..."

 

"Awww. You already apologised yesterday, remember?" Yoona bent down to meet him on eye level. "I'm not angry, really." 

 

"R-Really?" Minjun asked timidly. 

 

"Yes silly boy."

 

"I don't hate Yoona imo," Minjun replied and threw his arms around Yoona. "I love Yoona imo!" 

 

Yoona's heart melted there and then as she returned the hug, "I love Minjun too..." 

 

Jiyong could only sigh in contentment as he watched the two shared an intimate hug. "I'll see you out." 

 

After bidding farewell, Jiyong walked Yoona to her car. Yoona was about to get into her car but was blocked by Jiyong. She threw a curious glance at him. 

 

Jiyong leaned against her car and commented, "I know why Minjun reacted that way yesterday. I talked to him about it."

 

"Oh?"

 

"Jooyeon told him you're the one that asked me not to invite you," Jiyong continued. 

 

Yoona was surprised by the revelation but at a deeper thought, it didn't seem that surprising after all. Jooyeon used to be friendly towards her until towards the end where their relationship turned ugly after she refused to let her visit her sister. With the addition of her being with Jiyong now, it's no wonder she became the no.1 enemy in Jooyeon's list. 

 

"You... okay?" Jiyong did contemplate over the decision on telling her or not but decided that he should be truthful.

 

"Why not?"

 

"I mean..." Jiyong let out a mockery laughter. "Guess I'm the one that worries for nothing then."

 

He was worried initially about breaking the truth to Yoona because he was afraid she would feel depressed over the fact that Minjun chose to believe in Jooyeon instead of her. Looks like she's indeed much stronger than he thought.

 

"I think you look pretty cute when you worry for me," Yoona bemused as she pinched his cheeks. "I kinda like it." 

 

"You little minx," Jiyong pinched her nose affectionately.

 

"Even if I'm upset, I would be upset with you. You're the reason that she hates me!" Yoona complained. 

 

"Hello? You're supposed to be upset with Minjun, not me!" Jiyong rebutted and pouted. "Man, you're right. We shouldn't let him know the truth that fast. Now that he has yet to know your real identity, you're already siding him wholeheartedly. Can you imagine once he knows about it? I probably have no place in your heart at all." 

 

"Araso araso. Why are you acting like a kid today? First, winning a kid over some cereal competition and now, being jealous of your own son," Yoona shook her head before leaning in to give a quick peck on his lips. "Is this better now?" 

 

"I guess I've to be petty more often to get these perks or... is someone being extra generous today?" Jiyong let out a satisfied grin, wrapping his arm around her waist, trapping her in his embrace. 

 

"I do feel a little more giving today," Yoona gave his chest a playful hit. "Alrights, I really got to go now, if not I'll be late for class." 

 

"I think I might earn a longer kiss if I tell you another thing," Jiyong teased. 

 

"What again Kwon Jiyong?" Yoona was utterly amused by this big child. 

 

"I told Minjun honestly that I was the one who didn't invite Jooyeon. You did tell me to, but I didn't call her eventually," Jiyong gave a smug smile. 

 

"Omo, you really didn't call?! I told you to call!" 

 

. Right. He forgot that he lied to her, claiming that he had called when she reminded him for the umpteenth time. 

 

"Hehehe. Main thing is Minjun totally believed and diverted his anger at me!" He was quick to shift the spotlight away from himself. "So, I still deserve a kiss!" 

 

"No you don-mphm..." Before Yoona could finish her sentence, it was swallowed into her stomach as Jiyong pulled her in for a kiss, this time a little longer than before. 

 

They stood there kissing, feeling each other's smile against their face. 

 

"But you deserve one," Jiyong finally pulled away and gave a charming smile. "For being the best girlfriend and mum one can ever ask~" 

 

Yoona was appeased just by that as she returned with the same smile. She leaned in again and gave him a chaste kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Thank you... For being a dutiful guardian angel~" 

 

"I'd marked down this day. The day when Im Yoona is super generous. I hope it would be an everyday thing." 

 

"You wish!" 

 

"APPA! WHERE ARE YOU?! I'M RUNNING LATE FOR SCHOOL!!!" Minjun's voice could be heard from inside. 

 

Both of them looked at each other and laughed.

 

✢✢✢✢✢

-PEACEMINUSONE Office- 

 

If only things were that easy and simple with the tabloids. 

 

"Hyung!/Ji!" 

 

The moment Jiyong reached office, he was met with all the panic-strickened face.

 

"Wow, what happened?" Not knowing about the things that were happening, he still had the mood to gloat. "What's with that stressed-out look, Ri." 

 

"Hell is about to break loose hyung!" Seungri shrieked, throwing a magazine on his desk. "Today's edition. It is going to be up for sale in all major supermarkets, bookstores and probably all convenience stores in... two hours time."

 

Jiyong's smile froze and turned into a frown as he saw the headline splashed on the magazine, ". Why didn't you guys inform me?!" 

 

"We had been trying to!" Seungri exclaimed. "Your cell is unreachable and Auntie Lee told us you were dropping Minjun off to school before coming in." 

 

"Damn... I was busy talking to Yoona and sending Minjun to school this morning that I didn't notice that my phone is flat..." Jiyong cursed as he started charging his phone, scrolling through the numerous distress calls and messages sent. "How bad is the situation?"

 

"For starter, under magazine, not only is Dispatch releasing the news, Elle magazine would be as well," Seungri reported. "I managed to stop GQ men from publishing nonsense in exchange for an exclusive interview with you." 

 

"On top of that, we have newspaper DongA and Chosun publishing a small section under their entertainment category as well." Youngbae added. "Yuri and I know the chief editor for yonhapnews. They're not publishing about this until we hold a press conference to clarify." 

 

"Thanks guys..." Jiyong was grateful for this two friends of his but there were still jobs to be done. "How... How bad is the damage gonna be?" 

 

"As much as you want to remain humble and quiet, I think PEACEMINUSONE and you have established a certain level of popularity in the market already," Seungri explained. "Fans would probably be real curious about your personal life and though I would say every publicity is beneficial, I wouldn't say likewise for non-celebrity like Yoona and Minjun. They'll probably freak out, especially Minjun..." 

 

Seungri didn't plan on sugarcoating his words because he knew Jiyong must know the full impact of the news before he could decide on anything. He had analysed the situation and to be honest, it might be free advertising for the brand and Jiyong himself, to make him more well-known, but on a personal level, he would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter