Twenty-Three.

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-The next morning. Kwon's Bungalow-

 

Hope this is enough to thank you for your praise. Have a great day ahead. 

-Jiyong-

 

Yoona opened the gift card and a huge, silly grin spreaded across her face as she read the content. This morning, when she came over, Jiyong had left the house already. However, she saw a bouquet of daisies and sunflowers on the dining table. At a closer look, the card had her name written on it and she picked the bouquet up, opening the card. 

 

What a romanticist this guy is! 

 

"Yoona imo, why are you smiling to yourself?" Minjun had came down from upstairs, asking her in a sleepy tone. 

 

"N-Nothing! Good morning, big guy," Yoona snapped out of her thoughts and closed the card, putting it in her back pocket. 

 

"These flowers are pretty. Yoona imo, can I have one to give to Haewon?" Minjun asked innocently.

 

That caused Yoona to break into peals of laughters at his cuteness and ruffled his hair affectionately, "of course you can." 

 

"Yayyyyy! Yoona imo is the besttttt!"

 

Smelling the fresh flowers for the last time, Yoona gave a smile and put them in a vase.

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

"I'm home~" 

 

Jiyong called out naturally as he got home at night. This had always been his habit but ever since Jooyeon moved out and his work commitments got heavier, he hadn't been doing so. However, during the period that Yoona was here, his habit had returned; he loved the feeling of being welcome home, he guessed. Tonight, was a little different though.

 

No one answered him and he walked into an empty living room. Only the dining room lights were on on the first level. Jiyong removed his coat and tie as he made his way to the dining table, realising that a new porcelaine vase now sat in the middle of the table and in it, was daisies and sunflowers; to be more exact, the daisies and sunflowers.

 

The flowers that he specially ordered yesterday night before he slept and paid a huge amount of delivery fee just so that they could arrive in the early morning before he left for work. 

 

There was a post-it note on the vase and he smiled as he took it out. 

 

You're welcome but I was just joking about the flowers. They look better here...

-Yoona-

 

He took another look at the flowers and gave a smile. He had asked the florist to wrap 9 sunflowers and 3 daisies. During one of Yuri's and Youngbae's pre-wedding discussion, he heard Yoona mentioning that her favourite number is 93. Sure, he could easily afford the 93 stalks but he knew for sure that it would scare the poor girl out definitely. Hence, he decided to go with sunflowers and daisies. Besides, he had hidden meaning behind the 3 daisies; he had wanted the 3 daisies to represent him, her and Minjun. She would never know of course, but he secretly wished that one day, something would happen and he could proudly spell it out to her the meaning of this gift. 

 

Looking at it, Jiyong realised that there was obviously short of one daisy. He was about to call the florist and gave a lashing down, until he turned over the post-it note. Yoona had written something.

 

And one of them looked even better in Haewon's hand (; I'll draw one to complete the bouquet.

-Yoona-

Jiyong laughed. 

 

Kwon Minjun that brat! Always ruining his dad's plans and he even used his money to please girls! 

 

Then again, thanks to this brat, Yoona had specifically drawn a daisy without a petal, one of PEACEMINUSONE's logo, underneath her sign-off. 

 

How cute. 

 

"You're back?" 

 

He snapped up at the melodious voice and turned around, giving a huge grin and raised the note up.

 

Yoona gave a shy smile and stifled a yawn, "you saw it?" 

 

"Hard to not notice with the bright colours," Jiyong chuckled. "That brat gave you a hard time today?"

 

"Yeahs. He didn't have afternoon nap today as he was busy playing with Haewon and ended up throwing a tantrum, so I put him to bed earlier. I'd get going already."

 

Jiyong watched Yoona grabbed her bag, heading off, "hey. How about I send you home?" 

 

"You've a little boy of four that just threw a tantrum and fallen asleep. I don't think it's a wise choice to leave him all alone at home," Yoona smiled. "Thanks for the offer, but I'd have to reject it." 

 

He wanted to follow up with a reply, 'then how about you just stay for the night? I promise nothing will happen.'

 

"Y-You're right..." He ended up saying this instead, because he's a coward. "Drive safely." 

 

"Thanks. You'd a long day as well, have a good rest." 

 

Jiyong watched Yoona walked towards her car but before she got into her car, she turned around again, giving a charming smile, "thank you." 

 

He was too mesmerised for words but Yoona treated that silence as confusion. She turned around again, a faint blush across her cheeks, "the flowers I mean."

 

And she got into the car, driving off. 

 

It took Jiyong awhile to finally come to his senses again and before he could say anything, Yoona was already out of sight. He sighed and picked up his phone, typing feverishly. 

 

-Dinner soon?-

 

A ding came shortly after. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter