Ten.

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Im's house- 

 

"Yoongie! Come take a look! Ms Jung taught us how to make this in school yesterday!" Yoonjeong pulled Yoona into her play corner the moment they got back.

 

"Alrights alrights! Slow down a little, unnie," Yoona giggled, going along with her older sister. 

 

Old Mr Im showed Jiyong to the sofa while Auntie Kim headed to the kitchen to get them a drink. There was a moment of silence as they watched Yoonjeong showing her toys to Yoona excitedly. 

 

"Yoona... This girl makes me feel so much guilt whenever I look at her..." Old Mr Im spoke up all of a sudden. "She... She doesn't deserve all these..." 

 

"She loves this family a lot," Jiyong tried to comfort him. "She wants to protect this family." 

 

"Mr. Kwon," Old Mr Im turned to look at Jiyong, taking him by surprise. "I hope she's doing well in your house." 

 

For some unknown reason, Jiyong actually felt guilty when he uttered a 'yes'. 

 

"This girl... She hides all her unhappiness and worries to herself, bringing only positive vibes to the people around her," old Mr Im didn't seem to press on as he turned back, staring at Yoona adoringly. "That's why she worries me the most. Some day, I'm so afraid that she'll snap and I'll not be there for her..." 

 

Looking at how old Mr Im was showing his concern and worry for his daughter, Jiyong felt a pull on his heartstrings. He too, was becoming a father. He too, would want the best for his kid, would show his care and concern for his kid. In the past, perhaps, he could not sympathize as much. However, in recent months, whenever he saw Yoona's tummy moved or when she told him something new about the baby, it always amazed and excited him. Hence, right now, he could understand where old Mr Im was coming from. 

 

"Don't worry, Mr. Im," Jiyong felt the need to assure old Mr Im and patted his shoulder gently. "She's stronger than you think." 

 

"I know..." Old Mr Im returned the smile. "Mr. Kwon, thank you... Thank you and your wife for taking care of my daughter." 

 

"Please call me Jiyong will do," Jiyong replied. "No, we should be the one thanking you, as well as her. She's doing so much for us. It's like she's sacrificing her happiness for ours." 

 

"I heard from Yoona that you're a great man and your wife is a nice lady too," Old Mr Im said. "I believe you couple deserve a little gift from heaven. You'll bring the child up to become a refine lady/man someday." 

 

As the two men were conversing, Auntie Kim emerged from the kitchen yet again, looking at Jiyong, "Jiyong ah, I'm preparing lunch. Will you and Yoona be staying for lunch?"

 

Jiyong took a look at Yoona, who was still busy chatting and playing with her sister. He let out a smile, "sure." 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

"We're lack of one player, can you play with us?" 

 

As Jiyong made himself comfortable on the sofa, contented with just watching the TV and gazing over at the sisters every now and then, Yoonjeong came over and looked at him with her pair of doe eyes, asking him softly.

 

Jiyong raised his brows in amusement and Yoona was quick to come forward, "unnie, let's not disturb him. He's our guest. We can't be rude." 

 

"But this game cannot be played without three people!" Yoonjeong sulked. 

 

"Sure, I'm more than happy to play," Jiyong stepped in before tension broke out. "Are you going to show me how to play?"

 

"R-Really?" Yoonjeong asked timidly. 

 

"Of course," Jiyong gave a boyish grin. "I would love to play." 

 

"Yayyyyy!" Yoonjeong exclaimed happily and held Jiyong's hand, pulling him up to follow her. 

 

"Don't fret," Jiyong whispered to Yoona as he caught her furrowed brows. "I just hope I don't lose badly."

 

Yoona broke into defeated chuckles immediately and joined them. 

 

"Awww! Yoongie! You're too lousy! Jiyonggie oppa is winning!"

 

"Yeahs! I'm winning you guysssss!" 

 

"Unnie! I'm trying to get his fruits! You need to attack him!"

 

"Neverrrrr!" 

 

It turned out Jiyong seemed to have more fun than Yoonjeong herself. It was awkward initially, with them playing the game silently. However, after a blunder made by Jiyong, where everyone burst into laughters, the atmosphere warmed up. Yoonjeong was opening herself up and had even asked for Jiyong's name. They ended up fooling around, being so engrossed in the game that Yoona wondered who was the kid - Yoonjeong or Jiyong. She was amused to see this side of Jiyong and was pleasantly surprised that Jiyong too, knew how to have fun with the kids. Seeing how he interacted with Yoonjeong, there was no doubt in her that he'd make a g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter