Twenty.

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-One week later. Kwon's Mansion- 

 

Since the Kwon's vacation had to be put on hold and that the elderlies were unable to take care of Minjun, Yoona continued to be the caretaker. It was all good and fun in the house, with or without Jiyong around, much to Jiyong's jealousy. 

 

"Yoona imo! Here here!" 

 

"Araso araso! Here I go!" 

 

It was a rare sunny winter afternoon and Minjun was excited to be out playing under the sun. For the first time, Yoona got to take a look at the backyard and it was as beautiful as she had expected. The back garden was beautiful. The barbecue was covered up, unused since it's winter now but the garden furniture was sanded and painted. Colourful birdhouse nailed to the fence and there is even a treehouse, with a fairy door. The setting seemed to paint Minjun's daily life. She can imagine the activities, the mayhem, the laughters and squeals. 

 

"I'm sorry. Did I hit too hard?" Yoona ran towards Minjun concerningly as she caught him standing by the foot of the treehouse, not moving.

 

"Anniyo. I just remembered something," Minjun shook his head innocently and pointed up to the treehouse. "I would want to show you what's up in the treehouse, but Appa will kill me." 

 

"Why?" Yoona chuckled at his expression. "Something scary is upstairs?"

 

She assumed that Jiyong probably had forbade him in there because it might still be dangerous for a 4-year old to be climbing up the wobbly staircase of the treehouse and hence came up with some scary story to deter this little kiddo from climbing up. 

 

"Anniyo," Minjun shook his head again and pouted. "It's a piano. It used to be downstairs but one day I was playing ball with Haewonnie and she accidentally kicked a little too hard. The ball hit the wall and bounced back, hitting the piano, causing the paint to chip off a little. Appa came home and was so angry. He banned me from playing ball for the entire week and I am not allowed to play ball in the house anymore since then. He even moved the piano up and whenever he is sad, he would go up there."

 

Yoona wanted to be nice and tell him that he should have explained himself and his father would listen but she realised the culprit was Haewon, which had explained Jiyong's biased reaction. 

 

"So yeahs. He refused to let me see the piano anymore," Minjun shrugged his shoulders. "The piano is really unique though... It has scribbles all over it. It's a pity you don't get to see it..."

 

Talking about piano, for some unknown reason, Yoona wondered if it was the same piano that she saw and played on when she was still staying in their apartment when she was still conceiving Minjun. 

 

"It's okay. I'll get to see it someday," Yoona smiled, ruffling his hair. 

 

"How about we sneak up now and come down after taking a peek? We'll be down before Appa is back." Minjun leaned in and whispered to Yoona. "You have to see that beautiful thing!" 

 

Yoona laughed. This cheeky boy! He was dying to see that piano again but had to find an excuse and someone to be responsible for this grand plan of his.

 

"I'm home!" 

 

Just when Yoona was about to agree into going cahoots with him, the sound of the front door opening and the ruffling of footsteps rang. Seconds later, Jiyong's voice rang. 

 

"Guess this plan of yours have to be cancelled?" Yoona gave a teasing shrug.

 

"Minjunnie oppa!" 

 

Minjun gave a disappointed expression but the moment he heard his little girlfriend's voice from afar, his pouty face turned into a bright grin. He started running in to greet his father and the guests. Before he went out of sight, he ran back towards Yoona and whispered into her ears. 

 

"Yoona imo, tell you a secret. Before appa moved the piano up, I saw him playing it before. He was drawing on it too, but he looked very sad. He was tearing up and sighing. I've never seen him so sad before. Maybe this piano makes him sad so he doesn't want me to go near it!" 

 

At the revealation of this little secret, he scooted off again, leaving Yoona there with her thoughts.

 

"Yoona! I'm here!"

 

"Co-Coming!" 

 

Jiyong crying? 

 

That's surprising. 

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

"We're engaging this super nanny's help too. Heard that she's superb in babysitting." Yuri teased.

 

"Yeahs, heard that she doesn't charge much too. We can afford a meal or two still," Youngbae added, joining his wife. 

 

"You guys!" Yoona grimaced. "Oppa, I'm not going to teach you how to cook my famous dish!" 

 

"Araso araso, my bad," Youngbae laughed. "Jokes aside. We really need your help." 

 

"Their helper had to take an urgent off to settle her personal matters and their parents are on a trip together," Jiyong explained. 

 

"Both of your parents?" Yoona answered in disbelief.

 

"Rare to see in-laws getting along perfectly huh," Youngbae smirked, resting his arm around his wife's shoulders. "But see the downside now? We don't have babysitters to rely on during emergency times." 

 

"We're supposed to be in office to discuss the upcoming show, but the helper called and we had no choice but to bring Haewon with us. With this little monkey around, we can hardly discuss on anything," Yuri added. 

 

"Actually more like Jiyong was so distracted by my princess that he was hardly listening to what we were saying," Youngbae criticised. "My princess is too charming." 

 

"Dong Youngbae," Jiyong frowned and showed him a middle finger. 

 

"There are kids here, you guys. Mind your language," Yuri chided and held Yoona's hands, pleading. "Yoona ah, please lend a helping hand! We really need to get some work done today. It's really important." 

 

"We could really use an extra pair of hands, Yoona." 

 

"Minjun will play with Haewon. You just need to keep an eye on them, Yoona-sshi."

 

Yoona watched the three of them, acting all-so-pitiful, as though trying to buy her over. She laughed, "Did I ever say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter