Six.

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-One month later. Kwon's Apartment-

 

"Jiyong-sshi?"

 

Yoona came out of her room, only to find Jiyong standing at the balcony, taking a smoke break. She contemplated to walk away or to have a simple greeting and ended up deciding on the latter.

 

"Eh? Still awake?" Jiyong turned around and after realising that it was Yoona, he extinguished his cigarette immediately. "S-Sorry. Didn't know you'll come."

 

"I-It's okay... Waiting for Jooyeon-sshi to be back?"

 

"Y-Yeahs. She has a schedule in the evening, probably returning soon," Jiyong gave a soft smile at the mention of Jooyeon. "Why aren't you sleeping yet?"

 

"Oh, I was reading. You know, ever since I stopped working, I had been sleeping way too much," Yoona joked. "I felt like I'm becoming a snorlax. Sleeping and waking up when it's meal time. I think I've slept so much that my back is becoming sore."

 

"You need help? I can get a masseur here," Jiyong frowned in concern. 

 

"Oh no. Not an issue, I was just exaggerating," Yoona grinned. "Auntie Lee is good enough."

 

"Do let us know if you need anything else, Yoona-sshi. Don't be afraid to speak up."

 

"I will..." 

 

Awkward silence enveloped them and they both wished that Jooyeon could appear right now. It's been a month after the entire gathering incident and truth to be told, something had indeed shifted. Though her relationship with the couple remained cordial, she knew Jooyeon was cautious of her. The fact that Jiyong clicked so well with her, with their common interest of music and their views on life, was scaring her as well. She did actually feel bad after the night where she hanged out with the friends of the couple. It felt as though she belonged to the group, which wasn't supposed to be this case at all! She's leaving in a couple more months, four more to be exact and things would return back to normal. 

 

Her kind of normal that is. 

 

"Give me a moment. I think I need some air refreshener. The smoke smell is way too strong," Jiyong was fidgeting away. 

 

"H-Hey! I-It's okay. Really," Yoona grabbed hold of his wrist before releasing almost immediately. "I-I mean a little smoke won't kill. It couldn't surmount to second-hand smoke. Don't worry." 

 

"O-Okay..." 

 

Then, silence again. Jiyong was cursing himself silently. Since when did it become so awkward between them?! Okay, he knew when all these started, but he didn't expect it to be so bad. Maybe he was busy with his company these days, hence they didn't interact much for him to tell the impact. Sure, they did appear to be awkward now, but somehow, under this tranquil night, standing side by side with her, Jiyong felt at peace and... Comfortable. 

 

"So... How's everything? You know, beside the sore back and leg cramps," Jiyong tried to break the frosty atmosphere, sounding as casual as possible. 

 

"It's good. Don't worry, this baby will meet you guys in no time," Yoona smiled gently as she looked up at the moon, rubbing her bulging tummy. 

 

She was by now, 5 months pregnant and things were beginning to be more apparent now. Last month, she had stopped working and focused on being healthy and as time went by, her tummy was showing. Till now, it seemed like an oversized tee could no longer cover her baby bump already. Yoona remained amazed by the fact that she's having a life inside her and she sincerely hoped that this baby would be healthy and bring joy to the Kwons. They're good people and they deserved this new life. 

 

"Jiyong-sshi..." 

 

"Uhm?" 

 

"Do you want a boy or a girl?" Yoona suddenly turned and looked at him.

 

"E-Eh?" Jiyong was taken aback by her sudden question, as well as her beauty. 

 

Under the moonlight, she looked like an angel.

 

"Oh, because it's the 5th month already and by right, you'd be able to know the gender of the baby," Yoona replied shyly as she noticed his bewildered expression. "Just curious whether you guys have any preference..." 

 

It suddenly dawned on Jiyong that she wasn't just flawless in her bone structure. Her skin was like silk over glass and she radiated an intelligent beauty. If he has a daughter that's intelligent and elegant like her...

 

"I want a daughter," Jiyong blurted out. "A daughter like you..."

 

"E-Eh?" Yoona was confused by his latter remark. 

 

"I-I mean a girl like you and Jooyeon!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter