Eighteen.

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Three months later. Kwon's Bungalow-

 

"Auntie Lee! You can't do this to me!"

 

"Jiyong ah, I told you months ago to let you make arrangement! You can't do this to me!"

 

"I-I... I was busy with work! How about I pay you more to hire another helper so that she can take care of your daughter instead?" 

 

"How about I pay you more to hire another helper to come help out here," Auntie Lee rolled her eyes and said sternly. "I'm not staying nor leaving here for the sake of money only, Kwon Jiyong."

 

"S-Sorry, I was just getting too flustered," Jiyong looked at Auntie Lee with his apologetic eyes. "But Auntie Lee, you know me and Minjun can't live without you... The house... The house will be in chaos!"

 

"Can't help you, Jiyong," Auntie Lee sighed. "My daughter is going to be in labour soon. It's her first child so she's definitely nervous-wrecked. As her mother, I've to be there for her. How about you employ a part-time helper for the time being?" 

 

"You know Minjun doesn't like strangers around the house. It will take ages for him to warm up around her," Jiyong ruffled his hair. "Damn... Appa, umma and noona had all gone on a family trip as well... Minjun and I would only be joining them a month later..." 

 

"Get a pretty helper and he'd be okay," Auntie Lee joked and patted his shoulders. "Don't worry so much. You two will be able to manage it. You said it. You and Minjun will be going abroad a month later. You'll only need to survive pass this one month."

 

"Yes. One month sounds short but it's super long when that brat is having winter break," Jiyong sighed. "If I were to bring him to work everyday, I don't have to work anymore and we'll probably end up hating each other." 

 

"Yuri ah, you want to help this poor guy out?" Auntie Lee turned to Yuri who was sitting on the couch beside her husband. 

 

"Ani? I'm a model for PEACEMINUSONE too remember?" Yuri smirked and folded her arms across her chest. "Besides, this poor guy still owe us a HUGE favour. Fancy him using our wedding as an excuse and leaving his son behind just to gain sympathy from Yoona." 

 

"If you two are not here to help but to gloat, you can leave now," Jiyong rolled his eyes. 

 

"What's with the fiery temper mannnn," Youngbae laughed as he wrapped his arm around his pal's shoulders playfully. "Babe, stop pulling his leg already. The prideful lion is angryyyy."

 

"Araso araso," Yuri laughed. "Seriously oppa. You already have the BEST candidate!" 

 

Jiyong raised his brows at the couple. 

 

"Who's pretty and probably Minjun won't be awkward around her?" Youngbae asked.

 

"And just so happen, she's teaching and this means she'll be having winter break too," Yuri added with a wink. 

 

Jiyong got it almost immediately but did not want to appear to be too excited, "she might not be agreeable and I've to ask for Minjun's opinion." 

 

"Oh please. Wipe that smug off your face already, oppa," Yuri snorted. "100 bucks for Yoona agreeing to this." 

 

"Bet is off. Yah, didn't you give her enough allowance? Why is she going around asking for money," Jiyong slapped Yuri's hand away and asked Youngbae.

 

"She just likes your money maybe," Youngbae shrugged and gave a cheeky smile. "You're the boss." 

 

"My my. Someone was still crying his hearts out trying to gain sympathy a minute ago. The moment Yoona is mentioned, Auntie Lee is long forgotten~" Auntie Lee teased.

 

"A-Anniyo! Auntie Lee, you're still the best!" 

 

"Save the flatters, Kwon Jiyong!"

 

✢✢✢✢✢

 

"Minjun ah, I've something to discuss with you." 

 

"Eh?"

 

"You know Halmeoni Lee have to go away for a few months right? To take care of her daughter. She is going to have little baby soon..."

 

"Uh huh..." 

 

"This means there will only be appa and Minjun at home for this month, before we go to Europe to look for harabeoji, halmeoni, gomo and gomobu... You're still too young to stay at home yourself so I've to ask someone to come take care of you while I'm at work." 

 

"Is Yoona imo coming to take care of me?"

 

"You heard us talking?" Jiyong was surprised that he knew. 

 

Minjun nodded. "Yuri imo was pretty loud." 

 

"So... you like the idea?" Jiyong asked. "If you don't like, we'll find another person to take care of you."

 

"Anniyo. Yoona imo is fine. I... I miss her..." Minjun had his head down shyly as he mumbled. "I like Yoona imo..."

 

Jiyong felt like facepalming himself. Was his son in love with his dream girl as well?! She's his mother for god's sake!

 

"We still have to see if Yoona imo will agree."

 

"She would," Minjun looked up and gave a confident look.

 

"Mwuh?"

 

"She promised me during Youngbae samchon and Yuri imo wedding that she would come and play with me. It's been three months, she will keep that promise." 

 

Since when did the two of them gotten so close without him knowing?! 

 

"Whatever it is, I'll still go and ask her politely. Hopefully she'll agree," Jiyong said in a spat of jealousy.

 

"Do you need my help, appa?" Minjun asked innocently. "You can't offend Yoona imo. I don't want to stay with Yuri imo. She is a bad cook..." 

 

Jiyong burst into chuckles and ruffled his son's hair. "You little monkey. Wait till your Yuri imo knows about thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter