Number 6

More than just a game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You" was heard in unison by the whole gym. Everyone looked their way intrigued by the two, but Jongdae needed to hold back his friend before he does anything stupid 

"Let...me...go..Jong-" Baekhyun was struggling to get out of the firm hold. People looked at the two in amusement as some would think they are just messing around. Little did they know the brunet was on the verge of killing a certain tall person. 

"No, you need to realize we are in public plus we need to make tryouts, said Jongdae. He knows Baekhyun isn't too fond with that guy after their last game but he can't kill him well not here anyways. 

The tall guy which Baekhyun called number 6 just stared at the two with a blank expression. He wasn't sure how to react but surely he wasn't gonna give in to his stupidity so he scoffed and turned the other way. 

did he just scoff? oh hell no i'm going to kill that oversized big ear- 

Baekhyun was getting ready to pounce until one of members of the team appeared with a clipboard. "Okay everyone get in line I'm going to walk to around ask for names, clear?" 

Everyone nodded in agreement and Baekhyun restrained himself and stood in place by Jongdae. 

"Oh by the way the name is Suho, learn it, love it and I'm your guy's captain this year" 

"He's kinda cute he gives off a very authoritative vibe"Jongdae said a little over whisper.

"Shh why the hell are you telling me this?" Baekhyun who asked with disgust written all over his face. 

"Because, I need to tell someone and I only know you"

"I guess but-"

"Name"

Baekhyun look up and noticed he was interrupted by the captain or if he prefers "Suho". 

I strangely doubt thats his real name

"Name" he repeated 

"Oh sorry Baekhyun... uh Byun Baekhyun"

"Alright....Name" he moved on to Jongdae next. 

"Kim Jongdae" he said enthusiastically. 

"Excited about tryouts huh?" Suho asked slightly amused

"Yep" he said confidently.

Suho eventually gets done with everyone, he walks over to some players that were sitting in the bleachers.They were watching from a distance, seemed to be three of them. They were kinda intimidating. From what Baekhyun could tell, they are 3rd years in other terms seniors, and they probably played on this team for a while. Because once your a third year, you don't have to tryout however 2nd and 1st years would have to. 

The three including Suho all came from the bleachers to the center of gym. Up close they seemed more friendly still serious though. "These three are other players on the team as you could guess 3rd years" Suho said as he gestured to them. "Now we are gonna spilt the 10 of you up into different categories and you guys will rotate every 10 minuets."

Okay sounds easy enough, now I better not be in group with number 6 

Baekhyun never really believed in God but today at this moment he is gonna pray. He pressed his hands together and looked up as he closed his eyes and whispered" God please don't let me be in same group as him" "please don't let me be in the same group as him" 

Jongdae turned to see what his best friend was rambling about. 

"Wait why the are you praying right now, and I thought you were an atheist?" Jongdae asked. 

"Because God may be on my side today and could help me not be on same team with that" Baekhyun said as he pointed at number 6. 

As a response Jongdae rolled his eyes. 

"Group 1: Tao, Kyungsoo, Daehyun will be diving with Minseok"

"Group 2: Jongin, Luhan, Taejon will be setting with Yixing"

"Group 3: Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Chen and Sehun will be spiking with Kris"

"I'll walk around grading you guys individually, now everyone go to the three team members. They should have name tags" Suho said

"Yay we're in the same group Baek" Jongdae putting his fist up 

"Hell ya" Baekhyun fist bumping him in return. 

The two walked over to see who the Kris guy was and to there dismay the dude was tall. He had dirty blonde hair and the name tag was in yellow that was placed on his chest.

Baekhyun looked to see who else was in this group and unfortunately he saw number 6 and another tall guy walking over to them. 

"Why the are there soo many tall people"  Baekhyun said under his breath but he was mostly frustrated that his prayers weren't answered and he was stuck with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter