Beginning

More than just a game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Middle school 

"Byun Baekhyun I swear to ing god if you don't hurry up i'm going to break this door!" 

Baekhyun was currently on the other side of his bedroom door getting ready, ignoring what his best friend was yelling about. 

"Jongade me and you both know you won't do it because this happens everyday, it's not my fault my alarm is ty."  Baekhyun said as he was putting on his clothes. He was right this does happen if not almost but everyday with the two early in morning. Jongdae rushing to Baekhyun's house opening the front door(which is never locked) to his room screaming and banging on the door like a mad man. 

Jongdae hated being late he is known for having great attendance and being on time but his best friend it makes so hard for him. "No your ty because you always sleep through that "ty alarm" every god damn time." 

Baekhyun hummed in response. Where was the lie he enjoyed sleeping and no alarm could stop that. "okay i'm almost ready, just let me fix my hair" 

"It better be just your hair", Jongdae snarls.

Baekhyun is finally outta of his room rushing toward the front door with Jongdae falling alongside  him. 

The two shortly arrive at school, since the school wasn't to far from their neighborhood. Jongdae was usually good in academics so he always had top scores. Baekhyun was just average when it came to school, he doesn't really find it important like his friend. The thing that Baekhyun was really good at though was physical activities. He was always praised by his gym teacher for being so athletic. 


"Okay class the school year is nearing you guys will soon be off to high school" Mr. Choi was talking about how he expects the students to get in a good high schools and have a bright future. Little did he know only 8 outta of 25 students actually cared about what he was saying, one of them was Jongdae. 

Baekhyun noticed his friend's gaze was stuck on teacher he couldn't help but scoff at his behavior. "Such a teachers pet" he said under his breath. 

To Baekhyun's ty luck "What was that Mr. Byun " Mr. Choi asks. 

"Oh nothing", he stuttered "I was just saying thank you for everything you did for us Mr. Choi." 

Jongdae tried his best to stiffen a laugh at his outspoken friend. This typically happens, Baekhyun says something stupid or uncalled for. Teacher catches it and he tries to cover it with the complete opposite of what he meant. 

"Aw Baekhyun I'm gonna miss that charismatic attitude of yours"

Jongdae wanted to laugh out loud so bad. Charismatic you got to be kidding me.

Sure the guy always has girls confess to him left and right. But charismatic was the last thing he considered him.

"Thank you Mr.Choi", Baekhyun replied with his "charismatic" attitude.  

"Also after school everyone, our school's volleyball team is going against Shindong middle school." Once that was said most of the class turned their heads to Jongdae and Baekhyun. 

"Mr. Kim and Mr. Byun I hope you could rack us another win this year." The team was currently unbeatable, they have been this past season. Baekhyun and Jongdae joined the team this year and their very well known within the public. They only thought of it this year because it was their last year, they wanted to add a sport to extracurricular activities and and volleyball was only sport available at the time.

"We will sir, it will be like all the other games", Baekhyun said confidently

They never thought they would enjoy the sport. Especially Baekhyun, he fell in love with action of spiking the ball.  The chances of the opposite team actually returning his spike was quite rare. Even if they did the impact is sometimes to strong to handle so the opponent would just let it out. 

The coach called Baekhyun "gifted spiker". Spiking was considered one of the hardest things to get down in volleyball because it all matter by control, sure enough Baekhyun had great control. The team or even the school would call him the "angel spiker" or "angel" for short. This was due to how elegant he looks in the air while spiking the ball. People have asked if he was angle sent from heaven. 

"Ya angel you better get this last win for us" a girl across from him said, while she twirled her hair with her fingers. 

was she trying to flirt? She is cute but not interested. 

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted when the bell rung indicating everyone that class was over. 

"Well everyone have a great summer, hope to hear good things about you all."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After hours of classes and pointless speeches about what the future holds for them. School was over also meaning their last game of the season is about to happen. 

"Baekhyun I gotta ask, how are you not nervous about this game. I mean you never are, but this is our last game." Jongdae asked as he was putting on his school jersey. The two boys were in their locker room getting ready for the game in 30 minutes.

"Because its like every other game, just a game." 

Jongdae nodded in response. His friend has always had this laid back or careless attitude even when they were younger. There was never time he was actually serious about something even during their games. 

"Okay you ready Dae" Baekhyun as he finshed putting on his knee pads. 

"Ya Baek". Jongdae couldn't help but have an uneasy feeling about this. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun and Jongdae were at the gym with the rest of their team seeing what the competition look like. 

The opposing team had red jersey's( while theirs are white with black numbers) which you could say gave off the "intimidating"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter