Absent

More than just a game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol woke up at a decent hour for today, he looked around the classroom for his target. His target walked in and took a seat near him. He got cold sweats and started to take deep breaths as he slowly approached her. She looked pretty as usual, her hair was up in a ponytail like the usual her bangs hanged loosely over her forehead she was beautiful sight. 

"Hi uh Dara."

She looked at first and was taken back, but once she noticed it was Chanyeol her eyes softened. "Hi Chanyeol."

They just stared at one another for a while, it didn't feel awkward as it was a nice silence, Dara being the one to break it "Chanyeol, I was wondering if you could tutor me at the library some time?"

Chanyeol would be lying if he didn't wanna run out the classroom and down the hallway chanting "I did it." while having people look at him wondering if he was on something. "Of course, are you struggling in English?"

"Sadly." She sighed "I haven't been doing good these days."

Chanyeol couldn't resist the sadness displayed on her face "I could actually tutor you during study hall at the library if you want."

She beamed with happiness once she heard the remark "Seriously, Oh my god thank you Chanyeol." Then she suddenly grabbed his hand giving him a warm smile. 

Her hand was soft he thought, reminded him of Baekhyun's since he has pretty hands that remind him of a girl. Speaking of Baekhyun, Chanyeol thought. Class was gonna start soon and he wasn't here yet, believe it or not Chanyeol had a nice time with Baekhyun last night. Minus him screaming lyrics to a song in his car. 

"Chanyeol?...are you listening?"

Chanyeol realized he zoned out "Uh sorry? did you say something?"

She giggled "I asked why would you wanna help me?"

Chanyeol's eyes grew huge at the question, this was his chance to confess and express how he feels about her"its because-"

"Class is gonna start everyone to your seats." The teacher walked in, usually Baekhyun would be following behind, but it started to dawn on him he might not be coming to school. Chanyeol went to his seat before giving Dara a apologetic smile. 

He stared at the door with a slight hope he might see him, but as seconds turned into minutes and eventually hours. Baekhyun wasn't coming. 

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

 

Jongdae was aggressively typing on his phone, he was on the edge. He would have taken Baekhyun to school, but he wasn't picking up his phone. He would have walked in his home like usual, however Baekhyun's father was there that wouldn't have went well. Baekhyun wasn't answering his phone nor his messages. He was praying that he was okay because this hasn't happened in a while. Last time something like this occurred was during Baekhyun's break up with Minho he went missing for the whole day.

He decided to call Tao to see if he knew, he clicked on the caller ID and waited until the other picked up. 

"Hello?"

"Tao!"

Tao flinched at Jongdae's booming voice "what?"

"Please tell me if Baekhyun called you or you know-"

"Jongdae, what happened to Baekhyun....is he okay?"

" you don't know either?"

"Obliviously not Jongdae, ask Luhan he might know."

"Okay thanks Tao, I'll see ya."

He clicked Luhan's contact, but it took a while for him to pick up."You called?"

"Hello to you too have you seen-?"

"Sehun no, I'm on the phone."

Jongdae couldn't believe it "Luhan please don't tell me your having with Sehun while being on the phone with ME?"

"No, I mean... kinda but no."

Jongdae sighed in frustration "Anyways have you seen Baekhyun?"

He then heard Sehun's voice. "Wait Baekhyun?"

"Yea have you two seen him."

"No we haven't, didn't you pick him up?"

"I couldn't...his father was there and he isn't too fond me."

"." Luhan hissed "I'll try calling him later, I hope he is okay."

"why wouldn't he be okay." Sehun questioned.

"Because he wouldn't, Luhan I'll see you later okay? bye."

"Jon-"

Jongdae attempted calling Baekhyun again, but this time it went straight to voice mail. 

 

><><><><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>><><

"Chanyeol are you gonna eat your food or continue to stare at it?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Why does it matter?"

Jongin was taken back by his attitude "Sheesh dude who pissed in your corn flakes?"

Chanyeol gave him a weird look "Corn- ....never mind."

Kyungsoo was snuggled up in Jongin's arms, as his arms wrapped around his slim waist. There would be times Jongin would kiss him on the crown fo his head. 

Chanyeol noticed their relationship, it actually became a relationship of course he was happy just wished he could do those kind of things with the person he loved. "You guys look good together."

Kyungsoo blushed at the compliment "Thank you Chanyeol, but tell us what got you down?'

"I'm not down, just tired."

Jongin didn't believe it for a second "How was your night with Baekhyun?"

Chanyeol smiled as homely memories came to him. "It was interesting."

Kyungsoo and Jongin were surprised to see Chanyeol's reaction. They start to realize that maybe Chanyeol grew to like Baekhyun. 

"Do you like him?"

"Not what you two are thinking, but as a potential friend maybe."

"It was soon blossom to true love." Jongin said. 

"Gosh Nini don't be so corny." Kyungsoo playfully hit him. 

Jongin laughed "What? is it not the truth?"

Chanyeol wasn't gonna fall in love with Baekhyun when he is already in love with Dara. "Dara asked me to tutor her later."

Kyungsoo lifted a brow "Dara?... the girl who didn't know you existed till now Dara?"

"Yep, I can't wait."

"Ya but it's gonna once she finds out you like ."

Chanyeol threw a fry at him "Shut up, I don't."

"I'm kidding, but have fun and don't screw up."

"Hey guys."

Everyone looked up to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter