Fast

More than just a game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The game was getting more intense by the second, Baekhyun kept looking at the score board as he anxiously walked back and forth in his spot. Chanyeol being out of commission gave Baekhyun unfavorable feeling. He would steal glances at Chanyeol to see if he was getting any better, but it was hard to tell. Chanyeol's body would just lay lifelessly on something similar to a stretcher. 

"Baekhyun, its gonna be okay. We just have to think strategically here." Suho reassure him. 

Baekhyun didn't give an answer he just shook his head, everything was so overwhelming for him to even think about. 

The score was 12-18, Starship high school was in lead.

The ball was being served by one of the members in Monstra X , the ball came in fast. Baekhyun watched it go over his head. 

"Behind." he shouted. 

Minseok saved it. " Yixing!" 

Yixing set it up to Baekhyun, it wasn't fast like Chanyeol's but the precision was close enough to be matched. Baekhyun spiked it, but it wasn't the same if Chanyeol was his setter. The ball was approaching their court floors, until their libero saved it. The ball was in the air and soon was spiked on their side of the court.

Score 12-19.

Heechul called for a time out. He couldn't stand the team slowly loosing hope, and when he means team he mostly means Baekhyun. 

The team approached Heechul with worry on some of their faces. "I know Chanyeol is out for a bit but don't think we can't beat like we did last season."

He was right when they didn't have the freshman they still won, but barely due to Kris being injured. However they dwindle on why they are acting like this. Perhaps they relied too heavily on Chanyeol and Baekhyun's set, spike combination, they should have been prepared for things like this. 

"He's right you guys, this only the first set. Even we do loose this set we still have the second set." Suho said. 

The team suddenly felt a sense of relief hit them. Suho was always known for his encouraging words, it will give them more confidence during a game. In this scenario they needed it desperately, especially if they could go on the trip. 

"I agree we shouldn't let Chanyeol being gone affect this game, not like he is gonna be missing in every game." , Kris also being the one to give the team some encouraging words.

"Wait when did Kris become a man with words." Luhan played. 

"I- I think its nice." Tao said as he looked from Kris's eyes to his own two feet. 

Minseok fake a cough "You would think its nice."

The team busted in laughers and smiles at the remark, due to how truthful it is. They then realized they were on a clock, the time out can't go past five minutes and its been about three. "I think we should let them take this set."

The team couldn't believe what was coming out of their coaches' mouth. However Baekhyun had an idea on why Heechul suggested it. He just hoped it actually worked, and if Chanyeol was here he would agree to this plan as well. 

"Team EXO are you ready?" The referee asked. 

Heechul gave him a thumbs up, reassuring that their ready. 

The line up this time was Jongin, Minseok, Kris, Tao, Luhan, Sehun. Baekhyun not being in the line up didn't surprise him, Heechul knew what he is doing, plus he was gonna keep this line up for the next set. The other team will soon understand why. 

><><><><><><><>>><>>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<><>><><><>>><><>><><><

The score was soon 12-24, Monsta X was starting to question why stopped trying. It wasn't like them to quit so early in the game. 

"They have to be up to something Jooheon." Kihyun whispered. 

Jooheon debated about it, but looking at them and seeing how the spark in their eyes of trying to win this game disappeared he thought nothing of it. " They gave up, and honestly I would too."

The first set was handed to Monsta X, no surprises there that is what they wanted. They switched courts and changed their position, Kris, Sehun and Luhan were in the front. While the rest were in the back. The ball ended up being looses ball, Minseok being the one to serve. He served  and it went over, Jooheon saved it. The ball was soon spiked down but instead of it hitting their court. Jongin ran to where the ball was and bumped it up for his team mates. 

", he's fast. Did he like teleport or something?"  Wonho asked "Plus I thought they were gonna give up."

"Shut up and pay attention." Jooheon almost shouted. 

The ball went to Luhan as he set it up for Sehun. Sehun then spiked it hard, Sehun was known for power when it came to the sport. His height too, but he was quite strong. The ball landed rough on the other team's court as the ball's impact on the gym's floor echoed. 

The score was 1-0. 

"Nice set babe." Sehun being flirty. 

"Nice spike." Luhan responded along with a wink. 

Jooheon looked across and saw the spark that he thought was gone, it was all there again. It was red, flaming, and bright. "They're actually trying, we need to step it up."

The game was close but EXO is always a couple of points ahead. Baekhyun was still no in the game, but he wasn't complaining. That was last place he needed to be, he felt mentally unstable and the last thing he wanted to be was weighing them down. 

The line up was doing well, the reasons for this is because it consists of fast runners, or people with fast reflexes. Such as Jongin or Minseok, those two were fast. The other team couldn't keep up obliviously, as they were always a step behind when trying to save the ball. 

The score was 24-20.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter