Who is Park Chanyeol?

More than just a game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sir Chanyeol"

"Chanyeol"

Chanyeol does hear his maid calling his name. He just really didn't wanna wake up, but since practice and school is today. He has to wake up if he wants to continue playing on the team and keeping his grades up. 

"I hear you" he says groggily. 

She was folding towels to put in his bathroom cabinet. "Okay..breakfast is done downstairs and your mother and father are waiting for you" 

"Could I get a shirt" Chanyeol asked. He usually sleeps without one its because he easily gets hot when in bed. 

"Here" she throws him a black t shirt. 

He catches it "thanks" 

 

 

>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.

 

 

He heads downstairs and he sees his mom and dad at the kitchen table. Its been the three of them since his sister Yoora moved out, and went to college. The only times he would catch his parents were early in the morning or very late at night. 

"Good Morning son", his father said 

"Morning.....and morning to you too mom" he kissed the top of her head. 

She smiled "Morning Chanyeol" she took a sip from her coffee "did you sleep well?"

"Yes I did".

Truth be told he couldn't sleep last night. He had to much on his mind especially the lie he has been keeping away from his parents for a few years is now bearing on him. 

"So Chanyeol, after school do you have that law class me and your mother signed you up for"

"Uhh y-ya" he says hesitantly. 

"Is it over at the same time?" 

"yep" 

Chanyeol's parents aren't aware he plays volleyball. They think he is studying  to be a lawyer. Sure that is what he wanted at first, but he fell in love with volleyball during middle school. His parents actually despise sports, they believe all sports are made for jocks or "meat heads". Chanyeol was none of those, his grades were always high and his gpa always stayed within a 3.9 or 4.0 radius, he considered himself intelligent. 

"You know Chanyeol, I'm proud of you for choosing this field, so glad you stopped playing that moronic sport" 

Chanyeol knew the "moronic" sport he was talking about. The sport wasn't moronic, far from it actually. 

"Volleyball? was it?" His mother asked for clarification. 

"Ya", Chanyeol muttered "well i'm gonna go finish getting ready, see you guys later"

His parents nodded in response. 

He rushed up stairs he only had a an hour to get ready. He couldn't bear being in the same room with people who were gonna bashed what he enjoyed.

 

>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.

 

"Same time, sir?" 

"Uh yes Leeteuk"

Leeteuk has been working with the family for years, he use to be his dad's chauffeur but he passed him down to Chanyeol. He really liked the guy he always thought of him as a second father. 

"You know, Chanyeol your gonna eventually have to tell them" Leeteuk was the only one in the family that knew Chanyeol's secret. 

"I know..but they will literally hate me if they found out"

"They'll hate you more for lying" another thing about Leeteuk the guy was brutally honest. 

Chanyeol exhales," I know, its j-just hard"

Leeteuk looks over and he could tell the boy might start to cry if they continue the conversation. He forgets how emotional the boy could get. 

" I know Chanyeol, I know" 

They finally arrive at his school, and Sehun was waiting in the front for him.

"I'll see you after practice?"

"Ya..I'll see you later" Chanyeol then hops out of the car and walks toward his best friend. 

Him and Sehun literally grew up together, they were once neighbors and eventually became close when his parents kept inviting him over for dinner. They shared a lot of similar interests at the time; videogames, sports, and they both did academically well in school. However Sehun was into dudes, while Chanyeol was into girls. 

"Woah why does it look like your gonna cry, what happened" Sehun said with concern.

Sehun always cared for his best friend and he knew something was up. 

"its nothing just parents ...you know?" Chanyeol tried to hold back his tears once he mentioned the word parents. He loved his parents, but he just wish they accepted what he enjoyed. 

Sehun nodded. He understood what he meant by his parents. Sehun's parents, even though they are divorced and they co-parent. They accepted that he didn't want to go to med school and become a doctor, but play professionally in volleyball. He just wished Chanyeol's parents felt the same. 

 

 

>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.

 

 

Chanyeol heads to English (one of his favorite classes), he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter