Listen

More than just a game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol wished it was just a normal day for him at school, but sadly it wasn't. It felt the eyes stare, linger, it was a nuisance. All he was doing was holding his lover's hand, while they walked to their first period together. Baekhyun didn't seem fazed by the staring at all, it wasn't just staring but the whispers, or faces they made when they saw them. It made his stomach churn, and, twist it was so unpleasant. 

"Chanyeol". 

He turned his head to face his voice,"Yea?"

"Don't pay attention to them, just ignore it, for me please?" Baekhyun pleaded. 

Chanyeol couldn't say no to those eyes, "I will, but it will take some time getting used to". 

Baekhyun gives him a warm smile, "As long as you try". 

They went to one another's lockers to grab certain books they will need for their next set of classes after English, Chanyeol was tempted to kiss Baekhyun. He didn't know why, was it how cute he looked when getting his books, or was it the way the sun shone on his face which made his porcelain skin shine brighter. Before he knew it his lips were pressed against Baekhyun's. It was obvious how taken back Baekhyun was by the kiss, but nonetheless he kissed back. It wasn't sloppy or needy like most of theirs but sweet and soft. 

Baekhyun smiled in the kiss, it was nice he enjoyed it. He pulls away to look at the taller, "May I ask what that was for?"

Chanyeol chuckles, "What?....I can't kiss my boyfriend". 

"Now I never said that, but next time warn me", Baekhyun pressed his index finger on Chanyeol's lips, "But these lips are mine and no one else's, understood?". 

For a response, he nods. 

Baekhyun smirks, "Perfect". He then started the kiss this time, and it was just like the other one, of course people stared, some even whisper hurtful things about Chanyeol. However it seemed the giant wasn't affected by it, and continued to kiss his lover as if it was just them in the hallway or in their own little world. 

><><><><><><><><<>><><><><><><><><<><>><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><

The two love birds finally get to their first period, but notice something or more like someone is missing. It was Dara, she wasn't in her usual first row third seat, that seat was empty. Her friends were still there but they didn't even spare them a glance, as their eyes were glued to their phone. 

Baekhyun questioned why she wasn't here, sure he was happy because he doesn't have to see her face. However, where is she?

The only female in that class Baekhyun tolerated might know."Hey Jessica, where is Dara?". 

Jessica looks from her phone, "She switched English classes, well more like the principal forced her to". 

"What do you mean forced to", Baekhyun questions. 

"You know after the show she pulled the other day with your boyfriend, I'm pretty sure the principal switched her classes". 

Baekhyun holds back a smirk, because he knows her reputation is probably going to now. Not only did her classes get moved, but he is sure her going to one of best colleges was now out of her league now. Even some scholarships won't be opened for her, "Doesn't that for her", he says sarcastically. 

Chanyeol rolls his eyes, "Baek-". 

"Nope don't Baek me, if she was still around she would make our lives a living hell". 

Chanyeol didn't wanna argue, but he suddenly remembered  the apology he received from her. It may not have seemed as sincere as he would like it to be, but the sad thing is she was desperate. "You're not wrong," he shrugs. 

Mr. Lee comes in, "Everyone to your seats, so I could take attendance".

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><>><><><><><><<><><>

"Again!....don't hesitate to spike the damn ball". Heechul shouted at one of the team members. 

Luhan ran to the corner of the court where Baekhyun was, "Sheesh, he is really on our asses now". 

Baekhyun couldn't agree more, "No , but is he like this because of Bighit?"

"Yea, he doesn't wanna us to lose again".

The ball was coming in their direction, Luhan bumps the ball up. Minseok shouts it's his ball and sets it to Kris to spike over.  However Chanyeol blocks the ball, and it goes back down to their court. 

Chanyeol smirks,"Gotta love my height". 

Baekhyun tries not to gawk at his cockiness, because sometimes he found it cute, "And you call me cute", he mutters. 

"Kris there was hesitance when you spiked, don't ever hesitate just spike it down understood?"

Kris shakes his head, "Yes sir". 

The teams kept running back and forth for the ball as you could hear the squeaks of their shoes rubbing off the court, sweat was also present on the floor. They never practiced this hard, and it showed as panting was heard all over the gym. 

Suho runs out of bounce to bump the ball up as one of his team mates made it go out, the ball goes to Jongdae as he sets it over. Minseok saves it luckily and it's back in the air for his team mates, Luhan sets it and this time Baekhyun spikes the ball over hard but when he jumped he was pretty high up, people took a step back to admire how high the smaller was. 

Chanyeol tried to block it but the ball was harder than any of the normal ones he was able to block, the impact was so hard he fell to the floor along with the ball being spiked down on his side. 

"Hell yea!", Baekhyun shouted. 

Chanyeol couldn't keep his eyes off of him, he looked like the angle everyone kept talking about in the beginning of the year. So elegant, strong, his smile would bring thousands to despair. 

Baekhyun starts to fall to the ground, but due to mis-footing he winces in pain when he lands. He looks around to see if anyone noticed but fortunately no one did. Well that's what he thought until Heechul calls him over. 

"Baekhyun"

"Yes coach?" Baekhyun asked in a nervous manner, he knew he was screwed there was no other way around this. 

"You remember what I told you at the beginning of the year?"

"Yea, but coach it was a mis footing".

"No Baekhyun, it's your technique. You have a lot of leg strength I'll give you that, but once you land it could strain your legs that's why it was painful". 

Baekhyun didn't deny it, because it was painful when he landed. 

"So Baekhyun if I even see you with a pained expression during the game in two days, I'll bench you for the whole game. Do I make myself clear?"

Baekhyun nods, "Yea coach".

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>><><><><>

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter